Every little helps

Every little helps

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:25 am

Somerset man finds dead bird in Tesco salad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-15742121

A shopper has said his family found a dead bird in a prepared salad he bought at a supermarket and served for dinner.

Paul Streeter from Weare, Somerset, said his girlfriend was sick after the carcass was discovered in a baby leaf and rocket salad bought at Tesco's Burnham-on-Sea branch.

He said: "I couldn't believe my eyes. It was horrific. She was seconds away from eating it."

Tesco said it would be conducting a "thorough investigation".

Mr Streeter said he visited the shop on Saturday and came home to prepare a meal of pizza and salad for his girlfriend and children.

He emptied the salad into a bowl and presented it to his family at the dinner table before returning to the kitchen.

'Decomposed and skeletal'
He said: "Suddenly my girlfriend shrieked and couldn't believe what she'd found on her plate.

"She had ladled the salad onto her plate and thought she was cutting into one of the dark leaves and what she found was a dead bird.

"I didn't know what to think. I was concerned about the health of my family as they had eaten some of the salad."

He said the bird was "decomposed and skeletal".

A Tesco spokesperson said: "We take matters of this kind extremely seriously and are very disappointed to learn of this incident.

"Ensuring our food is of the highest quality is extremely important to us and we and our suppliers have robust systems in place to prevent foreign objects getting into products.

"We are in contact with the customer and have apologised."

Re: Every little helps

Postby KeithTas » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:50 am

Long gone are the days when a food company actually gives anything to aggreived customers any more. A long while ago my dad found a spider in a packet of cornflakes and sent it back to them. A week later we recieved a whole carton of cornflakes.

Some years ago a friend of mine found a dead fly in a packet of cup a soup. He cellotaped it to a letter and said things like I looked through the list of ingredients and could not find a reference to fly meat or wings, then said he was a vegitarian etc. The company sent him back a very rude letter with a voucher for one replacement cup a soup packet.
KeithTas

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:01 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-11419498

A food production company was ordered to pay nearly £17,000 after a man found a dead mouse in a loaf of bread as he made sandwiches for his children.

Stephen Forse, of Kidlington, Oxfordshire, had already used some slices when he came across the mouse.

Mr Forse purchased the loaf online, through a Tesco branch in Bicester in January 2009.

Premier Foods was fined £5,500 and ordered to pay £11,109.47 in costs at Oxford Crown Court.

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:07 am

Maybe your friend put the Fly in the cup a soup himself Keith :dunno:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

They said sorry, what else do you expect?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:31 am

Very true TJ, i mean whats so awful about finding a spider in your cornflakes, a fly in your soup and a mouse in your loaf? Some people complain for any reason nowadays :roll:
Vicky

Postby spicy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Yes that's the problem I think it happens but rarely. How many of those types of cases are genuine???

I was once in a Chinese restuarant and they tried to fool me by replacng prawn with squid. I ordered chilli baked prawn which is covered in a thin layer of batter and chilli peppers. This pissed me off because we were regulars at this restuarant.
spicy

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Victoria wrote:Very true TJ, i mean whats so awful about finding a spider in your cornflakes, a fly in your soup and a mouse in your loaf? Some people complain for any reason nowadays :roll:

Are you for real?

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Victoria wrote:Very true TJ, i mean whats so awful about finding a spider in your cornflakes, a fly in your soup and a mouse in your loaf? Some people complain for any reason nowadays :roll:

Are you for real?

Put the bird in the bin, and give the lettuce a wee wash. Whats so difficult about that :roll:
Vicky

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Victoria wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you for real?

Put the bird in the bin, and give the lettuce a wee wash. Whats so difficult about that :roll:

Yeah fuck food standards and quality of service. Just ignore it ever happened so it can happen again and again.

Very good idea. Why didn't I think of that. I'll save Nestle £100 million by cancelling customer services at the same time. We'll have a message on each product, sorry if this doesn't reach you in peak condition. Fuck you pal deal with it. :mrgreen:

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Guest wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-11419498

A food production company was ordered to pay nearly £17,000 after a man found a dead mouse in a loaf of bread as he made sandwiches for his children.

Stephen Forse, of Kidlington, Oxfordshire, had already used some slices when he came across the mouse.

Mr Forse purchased the loaf online, through a Tesco branch in Bicester in January 2009.

Premier Foods was fined £5,500 and ordered to pay £11,109.47 in costs at Oxford Crown Court.

Aye cut the corner of the loaf and ignore it ever happened.

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you for real?

Yeah fuck food standards and quality of service. Just ignore it ever happened so it can happen again and again.

Very good idea. Why didn't I think of that. I'll save Nestle £100 million by cancelling customer services at the same time. We'll have a message on each product, sorry if this doesn't reach you in peak condition. Fuck you pal deal with it. :mrgreen:

I don't think you would be allowed to swear on food packages. You might get into trouble over that :roll:
Vicky

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm

did u know theres so many spiders legs and flys wings
and all sorts of microscopic bits and bats
that get into manufactured food in processing plants
that they have tolerated limits for it....

What's more, did you know that most people in the US who are "allergic to chocolate"
actually are not allergic to chocolate, but rather to cockroaches?
Cockroach allergy is extremely common and, since there are cockroaches (and legs and excrement)
in the cocoa beans used to make chocolate, people have allergic reactions to it.
People who are "allergic to chocolate" usually have no problem with Swiss, German or Dutch chocolate where the regulations are stricter

:shake head:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Cannydc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:18 pm

What you get in return very much depends on how you complain in the first place.

Sarcasm tends to be met with minimum effort to atone, as does swearing.

A valid complaint couched in simple, polite terms (saying how much you and your family enjoy their product doesn't hurt) gets a much warmer, generous response.

And one other thing.

DON'T LIE OR EXAGGERATE...

They will ask where you bought the product, and can easily check even if you don't send in the receipt.

What else do you think ClubCard data is for ????
Cannydc

Postby Ali » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm

About 15 years ago I found a small snail in a packet of frozen peas. I took them back to the supermarket and got my money back + a free packet of peas (I hadn't expected my money back). A couple of weeks later I got a £15 shopping voucher through the post with a letter of apology and I hadn't even complained.

The supermarket had sent the peas back to the manufacturer who were the ones who sent the voucher and apology.
Ali

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs