"BURN THE WITCH" SCREAM TORY STUDENTS

Re: "BURN THE WITCH" SCREAM TORY STUDENTS

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:42 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
minjeeta wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Argentinean attack aircraft hit approximately 75 percent of British surface ships with bombs, only three British warships (one destroyer and two frigates) and two landing ships were sunk or severely damaged by bombs. The only other British ships sunk, one destroyer and one supply ship, were hit by Exocet missiles. We lost our Chinook helicopters before we even landed.

When our marines marched into Stanley, it is reported that many were down to their last magazine of ammunition.

It was a damned close run affair - The contrast was between the sides was stark, and both sides knew it. This proved crucial. An Argentine soldier said: "If I had had real officers who were real men, maybe I would have stayed. No way! I'm Argentine and we aren't made for killing people. We like to eat, go to the movies, drink, and dance. We aren't like the English. They are professional soldiers--war is their business."

In the end, the luck of unexploded bombs (they were wrongly fused, not faulty) was probably the difference between winning and losing - that gap was considerably narrowed by the sheer professionalism and determination of British forces. Without that, we would have been beaten out of sight.

Well, at last, your last sentence. History is littered with similar stories of brave men triumphing against the odds and as far as I am aware historians never put them down to a "lucky skirmish" as that would be sheer disrespect - the kind you would expect from someone who was at a very safe distance but pretends to be part of it.

Canny is so Anti-British it is starting to show. Well said minjeeta,I had friends killed over there and many who lived to tell the tale and were they within striking distance of cannydc they would probably measure his windpipe for such disrespect for the fallen--on both sides. War is hell and hopefully there will come a day when they will cease--but I doubt it.

Telling the truth makes someone anti-British? Was Britishness built on lies?

intolerance=Anti-Britishness. Now which parties promote intolerance?

What is it about tolerance? It's not a one way street. I'm intolerant about somethings and I have every right to be.
spicy

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:46 am

Strange as it may seem, Canny is more right than wrong, for once. We had a great deal of luck in re taking the Falklands, not all of it good.

The single worst event for us, the one which could have scuppered our victory, was the loss of the 'Atlantic Conveyor' the container ship pressed into war service. Not only did it have many of our reinforcement helicopters and Harriers, it was also carrying much needed munitions for our foot soldiers.

Without doubt, a great deal of luck went with us though, but it should never take away from the fact that our professional armed forces were the difference between victory and defeat. It must also be remembered that the vast majority of Argentine pilots, were RAF trained, it was they that caused us the greatest threat and damage. I suppose if you had to pick a piece of ordinance which tippped the balance, it would be the Harrier Jump Jet in the hands of our pilots. Slower than the French Mirage, its manoeuverability in the hands of our pilots made it perfect for 'dogfighting' the Argentine fighters.

Without the courage, bravery and professionalism of every pilot, sailor, soldier, para, SBS infiltrator etc. etc., it would never have been possible.

War is hell, like someone said, but when it is ordered, thank god we have professional armed forces to prosecute it, I doubt that any nation, ever again, could wage a war from a standing start, at that distance in that short a time, it is that which Cameron should remember when he wields his axe on our armed forces today.

Our utmost respect should be given to our armed forces because when politicians decide they want to prance and pontificate on the world stage, it is they they have to do the dirty work to back them up.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby minjeeta » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Strange as it may seem, Canny is more right than wrong, for once. We had a great deal of luck in re taking the Falklands, not all of it good.

The single worst event for us, the one which could have scuppered our victory, was the loss of the 'Atlantic Conveyor' the container ship pressed into war service. Not only did it have many of our reinforcement helicopters and Harriers, it was also carrying much needed munitions for our foot soldiers.

Without doubt, a great deal of luck went with us though, but it should never take away from the fact that our professional armed forces were the difference between victory and defeat. It must also be remembered that the vast majority of Argentine pilots, were RAF trained, it was they that caused us the greatest threat and damage. I suppose if you had to pick a piece of ordinance which tippped the balance, it would be the Harrier Jump Jet in the hands of our pilots. Slower than the French Mirage, its manoeuverability in the hands of our pilots made it perfect for 'dogfighting' the Argentine fighters.

Without the courage, bravery and professionalism of every pilot, sailor, soldier, para, SBS infiltrator etc. etc., it would never have been possible.

War is hell, like someone said, but when it is ordered, thank god we have professional armed forces to prosecute it, I doubt that any nation, ever again, could wage a war from a standing start, at that distance in that short a time, it is that which Cameron should remember when he wields his axe on our armed forces today.

Our utmost respect should be given to our armed forces because when politicians decide they want to prance and pontificate on the world stage, it is they they have to do the dirty work to back them up.

"Without the courage, bravery and professionalism of every pilot, sailor, soldier, para, SBS infiltrator etc. etc., it would never have been possible" my point exactly and they don't deserve to have their memory sullied by someone who was one of their own thousands of miles away from where they died or someone who wages war on clay discs.
minjeeta

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:00 pm

minjeeta wrote:
Guest wrote:
minjeeta wrote:
Guest wrote:
minjeeta wrote:
Well, at last, your last sentence. History is littered with similar stories of brave men triumphing against the odds and as far as I am aware historians never put them down to a "lucky skirmish" as that would be sheer disrespect - the kind you would expect from someone who was at a very safe distance but pretends to be part of it.

What rubbish. It is widely established academically that if the conflict went on another week the whole attempted retake would have been in grave doubt because of lack of ordinance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forgotten-Voice ... 182&sr=1-2

p179 hardback edition. Now fuck off you brain dead cunt.

Ha ha, that's rich coming from a wanker like you. Give a top soldier a weapon and ten rounds and he will take out twelve enemy, give a stupid cunt like yourself a bren gun and fifty belts and you would be lucky to get one, therein lies the difference, it's the men behind the weapons. Silly cunt.

Only a true fuckwit dismisses established academic research which proves something. You also assume that I cannot hold a gun and shoot. Having won 3 county cups for clay pigeon shooting during the 1980s shows that assumption is bollocks as well. Can you hit three clays, if four are set off at once, with one shot? No of course you can't you pathetic armchair warrior cunt supporting your muggy BNP mates. You are anti-British just like the BNP.

Ha ha, what a wanker..you seem to have issues. Everyone has the right to be a fucking idiot but you abuse the privelege. How many clay pigeons fired back at you you stupid cunt? Academic research can never legislate for how men react. You spit out you bile and banal insults then call me an armchair warrior? Priceless!!!! :Dance:

I can't help it if you are a wanker spitting out your bile and banal insults.

Now you reckon to be a good shot at anything someone needs to be firing back :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

So when academic research shows that one deployment had just 83 rounds left you call it rubbish. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Anyway just keep digging because you are making yourself look even more of a right loony tune - if that we possible - by ignoring academic research, like not enough weapons and munitions to go around. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Did you graduate in British History? Nope

Postby minjeeta » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Show me where I have said anything is rubbish you fucking tit. You show your stupidity by proving my point whilst arguing against it. It was the calibre of the men that made the difference, no more no less and their memory should not be tarnished by cunts like you.
minjeeta

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Whingebleater

Your assumption that the memory of those who fought and died in the Falklands is somehow tarnished by an honest and forthright appraisal of the war and how it panned out is both childishly simplistic and wholly inappropriate.

Millions lost their lives in the trenches and during the foolhardy charges of WW1 - are you suggesting that no questions be asked of the planners, the generals and the politicians who encouraged such madness and loss of life ? If you are suggesting that, you are quite frankly insane, and have no right to ever question why 'no lessons seem to have been learned from previous conflicts'.

We were indeed very lucky indeed to win, and this has been underlined by people from the humble private to the Admirals and Generals involved.

It just seems to be you who takes ridiculous offence at such a suggestion, which is based on fact, not some kind of blind patriotism.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 pm

minjeeta wrote:Show me where I have said anything is rubbish you fucking tit. You show your stupidity by proving my point whilst arguing against it. It was the calibre of the men that made the difference, no more no less and their memory should not be tarnished by cunts like you.

And when the ammo ran out some were shot dead. Had they had the ammo they wouldn't have been overrun. You show your stupidity by proving my point whilst arguing against it. Who is tarnishing any soldier? Sensible people are agreeing with the proven academic research...

Postby perro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:37 pm

I honestly don't see what the problem is. They were expressing their opinion of an individual political figure.

Is it just because it was Obama? Would burning Hitler in effigy be ok? I'm not comparing Obama to Hitler, just wondering if it's the person being burned that's the problem or burning effigies in general.

Would it be a big deal if they'd burned the American flag instead?
perro

Postby Cannydc » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 pm

They are part of a political party which supposedly allies itself strongly with America. It hardly helps Dave and Ozzie when their own party members are burning effigys of the one man in the world whom they would very much prefer to keep onside.
Cannydc

Postby perro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:57 pm

An internal party embarrassment, now I understand. Gracias.

Although I do understand why a British pro-American party would want a Republican President. Broadly speaking, American conservatives like and respect the UK more than do American liberals.
perro

Postby Cannydc » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:47 pm

De nada...

It would be fair to say that our Tories were ABOs (Anyone but Obama), Perro, but right now they need all the friends they can get, and will be quite happy to kow-tow to a pig wearing lipstick if needs must.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Cannydc wrote:De nada...

It would be fair to say that our Tories were ABOs (Anyone but Obama), Perro, but right now they need all the friends they can get, and will be quite happy to kow-tow to a pig wearing lipstick if needs must.

Yes Cameron likes to kowtow to Theresa May

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs