Clegg pledges £billion to get 18-24 year olds into work

Clegg pledges £billion to get 18-24 year olds into work

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Clegg the Smeg is pledging to use £billion of taxpayers money to get the young into work.

At the same time, his master Cameron is pledging to get shirkers and sick people back into work and forcing people to stay in work longer.

The problem is that these two pricks haven't spotted the little flaw in their plans................WHERE ARE ALL THESE FUCKING JOBS COMING FROM?.....!!!!
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Clegg pledges £billion to get 18-24 year olds into work

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Quite - I believe they think by pumping money into the private sector they will end up with a job - fingers crossed it's better than nothing I suppose.
spicy

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:41 pm

spicy wrote:Quite - I believe they think by pumping money into the private sector they will end up with a job - fingers crossed it's better than nothing I suppose.

Yes they do, Clegg says the taxpayer should stump up half the wages of any youngster given a job by a private sector employer...........fucking hell, he might just as well give businesses the keys to the treasury, so they can just help themselves.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:42 pm

"pumping money into the private sector"

Or rather, pumping money into the back pockets of big business, the Tory paymasters.

Every penny will subsidise cheap labour, increasing profits at the taxpayer's expense.

Never, ever trust a Tory - you can read them like a book, and they never fail to come good for their (rich) pals....
Cannydc

Postby Ali » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:43 pm

If the end result after the six months gets a youngster into a job then what's the problem? The taxpayer would be paying for them anyway in the form of benefits.
Ali

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
spicy wrote:Quite - I believe they think by pumping money into the private sector they will end up with a job - fingers crossed it's better than nothing I suppose.

Yes they do, Clegg says the taxpayer should stump up half the wages of any youngster given a job by a private sector employer...........fucking hell, he might just as well give businesses the keys to the treasury, so they can just help themselves.

Rather like the politicians themselves then :shame:
spicy

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:

No UK taxpayer is paying half of the wages at all.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:51 pm

If the young people get the job at the end of 6 months...

That is one big IF, Spicy.

Perhaps you don't remember the last Tory government and their half arsed schemes to do the same thing - they all amounted to the same thing, employers take on the kid, work them senseless for the requisite time, collect the subsidy and then get rid. A week later in comes a new kid and in goes another claim for the subsidy.
Cannydc

Postby Ali » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:55 pm

I wrote that Canny, not Spicy.

Actually, I think this is a fairly good idea and who knows it might help these kids get a job and off the dole completely.

One of the comments you see so often is that employers want experience but without a job how do you get experience, well here you go, this could be how.
Ali

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Ali wrote:I wrote that Canny, not Spicy.

Actually, I think this is a fairly good idea and who knows it might help these kids get a job and off the dole completely.

One of the comments you see so often is that employers want experience but without a job how do you get experience, well here you go, this could be how.

Ah yes, this is the same Ali, who thought that plonking thousands of 'volunteers' in the Olympic site is a good idea, not withstanding the fact that they would be unpaid workers for companies that are making a fucking mint out of the whole taxpayer funded experience.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Ali wrote:I wrote that Canny, not Spicy.

This old 'experience' bollocks is just an excuse for employers not to train people to do the job they want........Imagine the Army advertising for soldiers saying, "those that haven't killed anybody, need not apply"
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby corporal starfish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:20 pm

clegg and scumeron have the backbones of jellyfish

what a great idea though

where have all these jobs miraculously appeared from? :dunno:

maybe they sent them foruners back home?

doubt it tho :grrrrr:
corporal starfish

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Cannydc wrote:"pumping money into the private sector"

Or rather, pumping money into the back pockets of big business, the Tory paymasters.

Every penny will subsidise cheap labour, increasing profits at the taxpayer's expense.

Never, ever trust a Tory - you can read them like a book, and they never fail to come good for their (rich) pals....

Then there's the opposite side of the coin, one could argue that promising generous public sectors pensions to thousands of people when the country can't afford it, is wrong too.
spicy

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 pm

It's called a contract.

I signed up to whatever pension was on the table 5 years ago, and it was much less generous than the one my boss signed up to a few years before. Those who joined after me did so on much less favourable terms, as negotiated by the then Labour government (as was the previous cut, 10 years ago).

You are being fed figures by the Tory propaganda machine, Spicy, which are outdated and used to make you believe our pensions are 'gold plated' etc etc. They are not, as seen by the fact that the cost of public sector pensions is set to FALL from 1.7% to 1.4% of GDP over the next few years. And those are figures from the government's own statistical unit.
Cannydc

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:24 pm

The plan is a good one with the following addition

Except in cases of dismissal for gross misconduct if the employer does not keep the trainee on for two years the full amount must be repaid on termination of employment to the treasury. In the event that constructive dismissal is established the amount reclaimed by the treasury will be doubled
Cactus Jack

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs