The Right to buy good or bad?

Re: The Right to buy good or bad?

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Well Duh!!!! wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
spicy wrote:When there is a housing crisis do you think it's a good idea to boost it in the way the tories are doing? I don't! I feel it just makes the matter worse. I don't know how much the rules have changed but it used to be rent it for two years, then get a huge discount then sell it at a market rate that people needing affordable housing can't afford???

It kinda defeats the arguement of supplying affordable housing doesn't it?

It's also open to exploitation.

Having said that,many people have bettered their lives by doing so--financially. A whole group of new entrepreneurs were created under this scheme. And they provided employment and retailers benefitted.So where is the harm?
The harm? That would be in the sink estates it created, the over reliance on financial services it caused, and the negative equity it has left thousands in.

And you have evidence of this?

Where you on MARS when the banks went tits up?

That has as much relevance to the case I have cited as India's space programme has to do with womens lingerie.

QED

You are a complete cunt scrambling about clutching at straws.

Just go find a cave dweeb! :dafinger:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby spicy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:17 pm

LordRaven wrote:
spicy wrote:When there is a housing crisis do you think it's a good idea to boost it in the way the tories are doing? I don't! I feel it just makes the matter worse. I don't know how much the rules have changed but it used to be rent it for two years, then get a huge discount then sell it at a market rate that people needing affordable housing can't afford???

Having said that,many people have bettered their lives by doing so--financially. A whole group of new entrepreneurs were created under this scheme. And they provided employment and retailers benefitted.So where is the harm?

It has helped social mobility for the few however how has it helped the housing crisis that affects many???
spicy

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Well Duh!!!! wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Having said that,many people have bettered their lives by doing so--financially. A whole group of new entrepreneurs were created under this scheme. And they provided employment and retailers benefitted.So where is the harm?
The harm? That would be in the sink estates it created, the over reliance on financial services it caused, and the negative equity it has left thousands in.

And you have evidence of this?

That has as much relevance to the case I have cited as India's space programme has to do with womens lingerie.

QED

If it has no relevance why can't you get 125% mortgages now? It is because the banks went tits up and wont lend to even A2's. You do know what an A2 is in banking lending? No

Therefore You are a complete cunt scrambling about clutching at straws.

Show me a deal for a first time buyer available in London for a 95% mortgage. You can't? Ever wondered why?

The only dweeb here is you

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:

QED

If it has no relevance why can't you get 125% mortgages now? It is because the banks went tits up and wont lend to even A2's. You do know what an A2 is in banking lending? No

Therefore You are a complete cunt scrambling about clutching at straws.

Show me a deal for a first time buyer available in London for a 95% mortgage. You can't? Ever wondered why?

The only dweeb here is you

After many years in property I know more than you and wtf has your idiotic question got to do with my outlining that many benefitted from right to buy?

It is irrelevant--as are you. :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby joekingman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 pm

====================================================================
the harm is many of these "entrepreneurs" are the immigrants who came here pleading poverty or asylum with money to burn. A lot of the money the rich Asians have made does not go back into the British economy. And it sure has not helped us that the property is now being rented out to My Mohammeds cousins and their 6 kids which the tax payers are paying for the rent because they are claiming benefits. SEE THE SCAM?
joekingman

Postby spicy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 pm

LordRaven wrote:
spicy wrote:
Guest wrote:

Exactly. What cracks me up is when people say immigrants are living in council accommodation in our block when in fact they are living in a property bought and sold by a RTB person and know is owned by someone with a portfolio of flats renting them out for fortunes.

That's the kind of exploitation I'm talking about. Under council ownership cheaper rents, under private ownership dearer rents and someones getting rich.

Property ownership should be limited too, I used to know a dodgy bloke who owned no less than 46 and that was over 10 years ago. It's not right in my opinion.

So a self motivated individual who works hard to acquire a property portfolio is something you would not allow??

Why don't you just ban entrepreneurship?

That is a silly idea as these people provide work through their endeavours.

No I am not saying ban entrepreneurship I am saying when it comes to housing how many one person can own should be limited. Especially when they are brokering dodgy mortages as well. I'll say no more!
spicy

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs