WTF is happening with our Justice System?

Re: WTF is happening with our Justice System?

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Stooo wrote:Only one source says that he used an interpreter, the Bedfordshire News.

What are you saying?....they're part of the Daily Mail Group and so are compulsive liars?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Fletch wrote:TJ, your making yourself look a bit silly now fella :shake head:

How's that then?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 pm

The whole wording is shit:

The man charged with the murder of 18-year-old Rachel Manning is due to appear at Luton Crown Court today.

Shahidul Ahmed, 40, of Chestnut Crescent, Bletchley, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth at the short hearing at Milton Keynes Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

Do they have a time machine? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I can see no proof either that this man cannot speak English, and probably as well as a good proportion of our indigenous population.

However, it may well be fair to say that his English is not well enough advanced to ensure that he can FULLY UNDERSTAND the 'legalese' spoken in our courts, and the justice and legal systems as a whole.

That is why he needs an interpreter.

*Edited*

Sorry Fletch, just noticed you made the identical point.... And note that as usual the rabid brigade will ignore the obvious and divert onto his legality of entry etc.

What parts of "he only spoke to confirm his name and address" and "he spoke through an interpreter" don't you understand...fucking immigrant apologist.

Plus, he doesn't need to FULLY UNDERSTAND 'legalese' that's why WE are paying for expensive briefs and lawyers to defend the murdering bastard. If we all needed someone to explain what is said in court, legal aid would run out in a week.

Pathetic bleating again, TJ ?

You make a habit of it these days.

How about what went on BEFORE he made his plea ?

Not everyone has been to court, nor would understand its' intricacies.

But thenn not everyone would care whether immigrants get a fair hearing either, would they TJ ?

You knob........are you telling me that even if the interpreter related word for word everything that was said in court whilst councils and judge made legal points, he would undersatnd it all?.....like for most of us it would all be gobbledegook.

All he needs to undrestand is he has been caught for murdering a young girl, that he has been free for over ten years and let two men spend 6 years of their lives in prison for something they never did.

AND, by the sound of it, he's gonna get a much fairer hearing than the blokes originally put away for it. But then of course, they were banged up in the heyday of labour's multiculturist revolution. It makes you wonder whether he was in the frame originally, but hey, he's an immigrant so we better not accuse him.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I can see no proof either that this man cannot speak English, and probably as well as a good proportion of our indigenous population.

However, it may well be fair to say that his English is not well enough advanced to ensure that he can FULLY UNDERSTAND the 'legalese' spoken in our courts, and the justice and legal systems as a whole.

That is why he needs an interpreter.

*Edited*

Sorry Fletch, just noticed you made the identical point.... And note that as usual the rabid brigade will ignore the obvious and divert onto his legality of entry etc.

What parts of "he only spoke to confirm his name and address" and "he spoke through an interpreter" don't you understand...fucking immigrant apologist.

Plus, he doesn't need to FULLY UNDERSTAND 'legalese' that's why WE are paying for expensive briefs and lawyers to defend the murdering bastard. If we all needed someone to explain what is said in court, legal aid would run out in a week.

Pathetic bleating again, TJ ?

You make a habit of it these days.

How about what went on BEFORE he made his plea ?

Not everyone has been to court, nor would understand its' intricacies.

But thenn not everyone would care whether immigrants get a fair hearing either, would they TJ ?

You knob........are you telling me that even if the interpreter related word for word everything that was said in court whilst councils and judge made legal points, he would undersatnd it all?.....like for most of us it would all be gobbledegook.

All he needs to undrestand is he has been caught for murdering a young girl, that he has been free for over ten years and let two men spend 6 years of their lives in prison for something they never did.

AND, by the sound of it, he's gonna get a much fairer hearing than the blokes originally put away for it. But then of course, they were banged up in the heyday of labour's multiculturist revolution. It makes you wonder whether he was in the frame originally, but hey, he's an immigrant so we better not accuse him.

And if there was anythiong said in a language that he claimed he did not fully understand then it would be used for appeal or a new trial.

It's not the meanings being explained, it's the language used being translated to the language he understands the best. Court proceedings are slightly more complex than, 'can I have a pint of milk please' or 'hello, it's a lovely day'. It's to safeguard all parties in that what is being said is understood by all.
Fletch

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Stooo wrote:The whole wording is shit:

The man charged with the murder of 18-year-old Rachel Manning is due to appear at Luton Crown Court today.

Shahidul Ahmed, 40, of Chestnut Crescent, Bletchley, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth at the short hearing at Milton Keynes Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

Do they have a time machine? :dunno:

Read and understand............he was due to appear today..(Friday 9th December) in Luton Crown Court.

He appeared at a short hearing on Wednesday (7th December) in Milton Keynes, where he spoke to confirm his name and address through a Bengali interpreter. So no time machine needed eh!
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Fletch.....I understand what you are saying, but it goes back to the original question, he's lived in the UK for over 10 years and still needs an interpreter.

Are you telling me that a piece of white trailer trash understands court jargon and gobbledegook any better than this bloke?

Face facts, he and his legal team are milking this for all it's worth, as do the thousands of others who end up in court every year in this country.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:08 pm

It is also interesting to note that, he has now been charged with the murder on the grounds of new forensic evidence, so he has already been involved in some way with the Police, for them to have his DNA on file.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Cannydc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

"And if there was anythiong said in a language that he claimed he did not fully understand then it would be used for appeal or a new trial."

Of course it would.

As would the pre-judgement of the above loon, were it to be reflected among the jury.

Honestly, your desperation to show any prejudice you can by whatever means you can, despite the facts being overwhelmingly against you, is beginning to make you appear as the forum tit, TJ.

(And a piece of white trailer trash can understand what is said to him by his brief, at least when simplified. It is an easy claim to make that an immigrant 'didn't understand' what was being put to him, when not in his native language. We all want the true perpetrator of this horrible crime caught, put away and no longer on our streets. So why not let the system do it properly and safely, with no recourse to appeal, rather than try to make stupid bleats about how 'well treated' he is ?)
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Fletch.....I understand what you are saying, but it goes back to the original question, he's lived in the UK for over 10 years and still needs an interpreter.

Are you telling me that a piece of white trailer trash understands court jargon and gobbledegook any better than this bloke?

Face facts, he and his legal team are milking this for all it's worth, as do the thousands of others who end up in court every year in this country.

It's not about understanding gobbledegook TJ, it's making sure he is aware of what is being said and that his replies are based on his fully understanding. You would be the first to jump up and down if a re-trial was ordered or an appeal which was won was based on the defendant being unable to fully comprehend what it was being asked of him, wouldn't you?
Fletch

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Fletch wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:Fletch.....I understand what you are saying, but it goes back to the original question, he's lived in the UK for over 10 years and still needs an interpreter.

It's not about understanding gobbledegook TJ, it's making sure he is aware of what is being said and that his replies are based on his fully understanding. You would be the first to jump up and down if a re-trial was ordered or an appeal which was won was based on the defendant being unable to fully comprehend what it was being asked of him, wouldn't you?

If he ever reaches the witness box, then fine, but do we need to pay out god knows how many hundreds of thousands of pounds for him to have the whole hearings, legal points and trial translated to him, word for word?....it could go on for months, racking up legal aid money which could be used better, elsewhere.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Cannydc wrote:"And if there was anythiong said in a language that he claimed he did not fully understand then it would be used for appeal or a new trial."

Of course it would.

As would the pre-judgement of the above loon, were it to be reflected among the jury.

Honestly, your desperation to show any prejudice you can by whatever means you can, despite the facts being overwhelmingly against you, is beginning to make you appear as the forum tit, TJ.

(And a piece of white trailer trash can understand what is said to him by his brief, at least when simplified. It is an easy claim to make that an immigrant 'didn't understand' what was being put to him, when not in his native language. We all want the true perpetrator of this horrible crime caught, put away and no longer on our streets. So why not let the system do it properly and safely, with no recourse to appeal, rather than try to make stupid bleats about how 'well treated' he is ?)

"Honestly, your desperation to show any prejudice you can by whatever means you can, despite the facts being overwhelmingly against you, is beginning to make you appear as the forum tit, TJ."

And that coming from a poster who's entire apologist stance on immigrants stems from the fact that he married one.

I've got news for you, they ain't all like your missus, in fact very few are. Come out of your cosy little world sometime, live a little in a big city swamped with the detritous of a hundred countries or more, then see how hollow your apologies sound.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Cannydc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Diversion alert !!!

If all else fails, go personal, eh TJ ?

One more time. Monday through Thursday I live and work a few minutes from Wolverhampton.

Your attempts to paint me as some sort of untravelled country boy are sadly misplaced, not least because I travelled the world for 23 years as part of HM forces...
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Cannydc wrote:Diversion alert !!!

One more time. Monday through Thursday I live and work a few minutes from Wolverhampton.

Your attempts to paint me as some sort of untravelled country boy are sadly misplaced, not least because I travelled the world for 23 years as part of HM forces...

And, to put the record straight, I have never been an apologist for ANY CRIMINAL, be they immigrant or indigenous. And will happily repeat one more time, any immigrant given a jail sentence of a year or more should be deported within the hour, once released.
Cannydc

Postby Verum » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Cannydc wrote:Diversion alert !!!

23 years! Why didn't you help defend your country from your armchair? That's what most of the mighty righties on here prefer to do. When they're not fighting each other in the street that is. :SGrin:
Verum

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs