The muppets are communists!

Re: The muppets are communists!

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 am

Canuck wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Canuck wrote:In any case...

and this is the quid of the matter...

Why does portraying one oil CEO as an evil bastard make the rest of the industry bastards ( I think they are )

But how does this work...?

So I guess the next time there's a film with an evil muslim terrorist FAUX is gonna go all nuts and complain that the film is being anti-muslim...

I know this is gonna happen...

because FAUX is all balanced and fair...

lol...!

I don't know Canuck, I didn't see the movie. I would have to see how it is portrayed. Fox has had people from CAIR (a muslim group), on it's shows so that they can state that they don't like the way Muslims are portrayed.

BTW, I have seen other stories about that movie too. Seems the free lunch program is shown in a positive light too. There are other people, that have reviewed the movie, that see the subtle propaganda in it.

When you see a movie with a corrupt cop do you come to the conclusion that all cops are corrupt...?

:dunno:

Depends on the context. Movies can portray groups as evil, or they can do it in a manner in which only the character is portayed as evil, not the group to which he belongs.
Maddog

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 am

Depends on the context. Movies can portray groups as evil, or they can do it in a manner in which only the character is portayed as evil, not the group to which he belongs

The context was simple...

There was one evil oil buisinessman...

How can all oil buisinessmen be evil then...?
Canuck

Postby 3rdLeg » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 am

Canuck wrote:
Depends on the context. Movies can portray groups as evil, or they can do it in a manner in which only the character is portayed as evil, not the group to which he belongs

Same way as one bad muslim terrorist can have all muslims tarred with the same brush..
3rdLeg

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:37 am

Canuck wrote:

I didn't see the movie, so I really don't know. The guy from Media Matters reviewed the movie, and gave his impression. You don't like it I take it. I'm sure this is not the first time you have disagreed with someone that has reviewed a movie.
Maddog

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 am

3rdLeg wrote:
Canuck wrote:

Same way as one bad muslim terrorist can have all muslims tarred with the same brush..

But anyone who believes that would be a fool...

No...?
Canuck

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:41 am

Maddog wrote:
Canuck wrote:

I didn't see the movie, so I really don't know. The guy from Media Matters reviewed the movie, and gave his impression. You don't like it I take it. I'm sure this is not the first time you have disagreed with someone that has reviewed a movie.

Did the rest of the people on that set see the movie, Maddog...?

:gigglesnshit:
Canuck

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:44 am

Canuck wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Canuck wrote:

Did the rest of the people on that set see the movie, Maddog...?

:gigglesnshit:

You tell me. I didn't pay that close attention, nor did I watch the whole thing.
Maddog

Postby 3rdLeg » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:45 am

Canuck wrote:
3rdLeg wrote:
Canuck wrote:

But anyone who believes that would be a fool...

No...?

There are one or two on here that believes that...
3rdLeg

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 am

So they didn't...

Call Faux up and complain that not everyone on the set saw the movie... yet they came to some sort of conclusion on it...

Going to bed...

Bye...
Canuck

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 am

Canuck wrote:So they didn't...

Call Faux up and complain that not everyone on the set saw the movie... yet they came to some sort of conclusion on it...

Going to bed...

Bye...

Don't let the bed bugs bite.
Maddog

Postby KeithTas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 am

The fucking world is getting far too precious for fucks sake. Take this stuff on the chin like the old days and move on. Why does every little thing need to be analysed these days. Some people need to get a life.

So let me get this straight, some of the biggest muliti-natioanl companies on the planet might feel threatened by a fucking muppet movie according to some ultra right wing news agency. Is someone telling me that the oil industry executives are not wise to all this bollocks.

Can you imagine the board meeting at Chevron, the opening remark by the chairman, people we have a major problem, the next Muppet movie is going to portray the oil industry as evil. This is straight out or South Park for fucks sake. Does anyone think they give a shit about Hollywood.
KeithTas

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 am

Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:I read fine, and the comments about the movie were done mostly by the guy from Media Matters, as he is the guy that reviews films. His premise was that the movie portrayed oil companies as evil.

My apologies to FUX (right wing)... but wait didn't they give airtime to the guy from Media Matters (right wing)? Yes they did...who exactly are you (blindly right wing) defending here?

They give air time to leftys all the time too. That's what makes some of their shows interesting. Are you saying that when Obama is given air time, that they are promoting a left wing stance?

Obama isn't Left wing

Republicans and Democrats are no where near Left not by any stretch...

Sure he is left of Loony Far Right nutjobs who reckon you can pray away being gay...but then so are 7billion plus on this planet

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:52 pm

KeithTas wrote:The fucking world is getting far too precious for fucks sake. Take this stuff on the chin like the old days and move on. Why does every little thing need to be analysed these days. Some people need to get a life.

So let me get this straight, some of the biggest muliti-natioanl companies on the planet might feel threatened by a fucking muppet movie according to some ultra right wing news agency. Is someone telling me that the oil industry executives are not wise to all this bollocks.

Can you imagine the board meeting at Chevron, the opening remark by the chairman, people we have a major problem, the next Muppet movie is going to portray the oil industry as evil. This is straight out or South Park for fucks sake. Does anyone think they give a shit about Hollywood.

We have hundreds of oil companies with around 100 employees. They are not all multi national conglomerates.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:I read fine, and the comments about the movie were done mostly by the guy from Media Matters, as he is the guy that reviews films. His premise was that the movie portrayed oil companies as evil.

My apologies to FUX (right wing)... but wait didn't they give airtime to the guy from Media Matters (right wing)? Yes they did...who exactly are you (blindly right wing) defending here?

They give air time to leftys all the time too. That's what makes some of their shows interesting. Are you saying that when Obama is given air time, that they are promoting a left wing stance?

Obama isn't Left wing

Republicans and Democrats are no where near Left not by any stretch...

Sure he is left of Loony Far Right nutjobs who reckon you can pray away being gay...but then so are 7billion plus on this planet

They give air time to people left of what many on the show have as a political leaning.

Better?
Maddog

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs