The muppets are communists!

Re: The muppets are communists!

Postby Maddog » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:02 am

Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:What is unacceptable is stereotyping certain industries, based on the actions of a few. Same as doing it to races, religions or gender.

Who's stereotyping? All I see here is valid criticism. Fair and balanced, as I said earlier.

Why would you consider a blanket criticism of an industry, based on the actions of a few, to be valid?

Should the 100's of oil companies in Texas be judged in the same light as say BP?

Who's doing that?

That was kind of the concept of the thread. Should oil executives/companies be portrayed as evil people?
Maddog

Postby Verum » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:13 am

Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:What is unacceptable is stereotyping certain industries, based on the actions of a few. Same as doing it to races, religions or gender.

Who's stereotyping? All I see here is valid criticism. Fair and balanced, as I said earlier.

Why would you consider a blanket criticism of an industry, based on the actions of a few, to be valid?

Should the 100's of oil companies in Texas be judged in the same light as say BP?

Who's doing that?

That was kind of the concept of the thread. Should oil executives/companies be portrayed as evil people?

This thread is about the stupidity of FUX for saying that the new muppet movie is communist inspired because it dare suggest that the oil companies are not all good. Can't you read?
Verum

Postby Maddog » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am

I read fine, and the comments about the movie were done mostly by the guy from Media Matters, as he is the guy that reviews films. His premise was that the movie portrayed oil companies as evil.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:53 am

Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:

Who's doing that?

It is clearly NOT the concept of the thread. It is showing how stupid the Loony Right in America are.

Postby KeithTas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 am

Bring back McCarthyism, lets sort out these reds under the bed once and for all.
KeithTas

Postby Verum » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 am

Maddog wrote:I read fine, and the comments about the movie were done mostly by the guy from Media Matters, as he is the guy that reviews films. His premise was that the movie portrayed oil companies as evil.

My apologies to FUX (right wing)... but wait didn't they give airtime to the guy from Media Matters (right wing)? Yes they did...who exactly are you (blindly right wing) defending here?
Verum

Postby Maddog » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:I read fine, and the comments about the movie were done mostly by the guy from Media Matters, as he is the guy that reviews films. His premise was that the movie portrayed oil companies as evil.

My apologies to FUX (right wing)... but wait didn't they give airtime to the guy from Media Matters (right wing)? Yes they did...who exactly are you (blindly right wing) defending here?

They give air time to leftys all the time too. That's what makes some of their shows interesting. Are you saying that when Obama is given air time, that they are promoting a left wing stance?
Maddog

Postby Verum » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:

They give air time to leftys all the time too. That's what makes some of their shows interesting. Are you saying that when Obama is given air time, that they are promoting a left wing stance?

Oh c'mon, FUX is not a pro right station? Give me a break for fux sake.
Verum

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:

To give the devil its due, you rarely see a left leaner going at it with a right leaner on CNN, although MSNBC does have their pet Fascist Pat Buchanan.

Postby Verum » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:

To give the devil its due, you rarely see a left leaner going at it with a right leaner on CNN, although MSNBC does have their pet Fascist Pat Buchanan.

Yeah but Muppet Maddog is trying to suggest that FUX is fair and balanced...when everyone in the world knows that only the BBC and the Guardian newspaper can claim that. :SGrin:
Verum

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:03 am

In any case...

and this is the quid of the matter...

Why does portraying one oil CEO as an evil bastard make the rest of the industry bastards ( I think they are )

But how does this work...?

So I guess the next time there's a film with an evil muslim terrorist FAUX is gonna go all nuts and complain that the film is being anti-muslim...

I know this is gonna happen...

because FAUX is all balanced and fair...

lol...!
Canuck

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 am

Canuck wrote:In any case...

Why does portraying one oil CEO as an evil bastard make the rest of the industry bastards ( I think they are )

So I guess the next time there's a film with an evil muslim terrorist FAUX is gonna go all nuts and complain that the film is being anti-muslim...

lol...!

I don't know Canuck, I didn't see the movie. I would have to see how it is portrayed. Fox has had people from CAIR (a muslim group), on it's shows so that they can state that they don't like the way Muslims are portrayed.

BTW, I have seen other stories about that movie too. Seems the free lunch program is shown in a positive light too. There are other people, that have reviewed the movie, that see the subtle propaganda in it.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:26 am

Just in case you didn't believe me, here is a member of CAIR, on the exact same show as the Media Matters member.

BTW, It's the chick who talks second.

Maddog

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:28 am

Maddog wrote:
Canuck wrote:In any case...

lol...!

I don't know Canuck, I didn't see the movie. I would have to see how it is portrayed. Fox has had people from CAIR (a muslim group), on it's shows so that they can state that they don't like the way Muslims are portrayed.

BTW, I have seen other stories about that movie too. Seems the free lunch program is shown in a positive light too. There are other people, that have reviewed the movie, that see the subtle propaganda in it.

When you see a movie with a corrupt cop do you come to the conclusion that all cops are corrupt...?

:dunno:
Canuck

Postby Canuck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 am

Maddog wrote:Just in case you didn't believe me, here is a member of CAIR, on the exact same show as the Media Matters member.

BTW, It's the chick who talks second.

What does this have to do with anything...?

They let Muslims talk on their show...

... what does this have to do with their judgement of a movie...?

:dunno:
Canuck

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs