FIRST HIGH STREET RETAILER OF THE SEASON FOLDS

Re: FIRST HIGH STREET RETAILER OF THE SEASON FOLDS

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:52 am

Property price is what's crippling the economy here and has done for many a year.

The obsession with rising house prices has caused many a deluded home owner to re-mortgage in order to spend their 'profit', to move to a more expensive home on self cert mortgage hoping the rising price will save them when it comes to paying the bill, banks hell bent on keeping their book assets rising, adding to their 'profits' and governments basing a whole economy on a delusion of get rich quick landlords and 'property developers'.

Now folk have run out of money. Business can't afford the rents and rates, home owners can't afford to spend anything after their housing costs, renters are paying more than the mortgage holders of the property per month and housing benefit is a never ending transfer of public money to private pockets.

Expect more of the same in the new year. :Ssad:
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 am

"Property price is what's crippling the economy here and has done for many a year.

The obsession with rising house prices has caused many a deluded home owner to re-mortgage in order to spend their 'profit', to move to a more expensive home on self cert mortgage hoping the rising price will save them when it comes to paying the bill, banks hell bent on keeping their book assets rising, adding to their 'profits' and governments basing a whole economy on a delusion of get rich quick landlords and 'property developers'."

Absolutely true.

And may I add in the speculators who have never done a proper days work in their lives, instead spending their time betting on the prices of oil, grain, interest rates and currencies.

And then paying themselves obscene bonuses having driven the economy into the ground on the back of mental mortgages and crazy oil prices.
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:51 am

Banks have far more to answer for than the bailout they received.

When all money is issued as interest bearing debt, then sooner or later, all your left with is debt...
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 pm

The owner of toy and novelty gift chain Hawkin's Bazaar brand has gone into administration.

The Tobar Group employs 380 staff across a network of 65 stores and also sells online and over the phone.

"In common with many retailers the group has experienced exceptionally challenging trading conditions of late," said Peter Saville of joint administrators Zolfo Cooper.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh, and Barratts are to lose at least 1800 jobs.
Cannydc

Postby spicy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:18 pm

This shops were in trouble before the Tory's got in power. I'd say you have to blame the lease owners for charging way too much in business rates.

That said I would make the powers that be put some sort of surcharge of goods bought over the internet. High Streets are looking very depressing these days and are more like ghost towns. Internet shopping is fecking lazy to me. I like to feel the goods and try things on it's not the same.

Is it any wonder obesity is at record levels when people are just too lazy to get off their arses and support their local shops.

Houses that live near bad high streets will see their value suffer too.

Tax internet shopping more, that's what I say!
spicy

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:26 pm

spicy wrote:This shops were in trouble before the Tory's got in power. I'd say you have to blame the lease owners for charging way too much in business rates.

That said I would make the powers that be put some sort of surcharge of goods bought over the internet. High Streets are looking very depressing these days and are more like ghost towns. Internet shopping is fecking lazy to me. I like to feel the goods and try things on it's not the same.

Is it any wonder obesity is at record levels when people are just too lazy to get off their arses and support their local shops.

Houses that live near bad high streets will see their value suffer too.

Tax internet shopping more, that's what I say!

Lazy ?

Any internet shopper worth his salt has done the 'try before you buy' trip to the shops first, to check out specs and prices in-store.

Then buy online for a 10 - 20% discount on High Street prices...
Cannydc

Postby spicy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe maybe not.
spicy

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 pm

spicy wrote:Maybe maybe not.

If they don't, they are stupid rather than lazy.

Oh, and councils charge business rates, not landlords, who charge rent.
Cannydc

Postby spicy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Whatever they should all be renogiated.
spicy

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs