DEATH TO STALK UK COUNTRYSIDE AGAIN - THANKS, DAVE

DEATH TO STALK UK COUNTRYSIDE AGAIN - THANKS, DAVE

Postby Cannydc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:03 am

The Hunting Act "simply doesn't work", Agriculture Minister Jim Paice has said, as hundreds across the UK prepare for traditional Boxing Day meets.

On a visit to hunt kennels in Peterborough, the Conservative minister said he supported hunting with dogs.

He added that the coalition agreed there would be a vote on whether to repeal the act when there was "time in the parliamentary calendar".

The 2005 act makes it illegal to hunt wild animals using dogs.

Hunt supporters describe the act as expensive and failed, and are calling for it to be repealed. But opponents say there is no desire among the general public to bring it back.

Ahead of the annual hunt in Milton Park, Peterborough, Mr Paice said: "The current law simply doesn't work.

"I personally am in favour of hunting with dogs - and the coalition agreement clearly states that we will have a free vote on whether to repeal the act when there is time in the parliamentary calendar to do so."

Yes, far more important than 3m unemployed and an economy driven to its' last legs by savage cuts made when it could least stand them, let's bring back the murder of sentient British mammals by chasing them to exhaustion and then having them ripped to pieces by a pack of dogs with no other purpose in life.

Tell you what, Jim (and Dave, and you Nick) - if the Act isn't working, BAN THIS BLOODSPORT TOTALLY, leaving it where it belongs, alongside slavery, bear bating and kids up chimneys - CONSIGN HUNTING WITH HOUNDS TO THE DUSTBIN OF HISTORY under the title Embarassing Things We Did In The Name Of Tradition...

Merry Christmas Everyone
Cannydc

Re: DEATH TO STALK UK COUNTRYSIDE AGAIN - THANKS, DAVE

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 am

Politicians with skewed priorities?

Shome mishtake, shurely?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Fletch » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:24 pm

He added that the coalition agreed there would be a vote on whether to repeal the act when there was "time in the parliamentary calendar".

That probably means when it's quiet, we'll spring a vote and get it through or, a sop to the 'supporters' to keep them onside.
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Fletch wrote:He added that the coalition agreed there would be a vote on whether to repeal the act when there was "time in the parliamentary calendar".

That probably means when it's quiet, we'll spring a vote and get it through or, a sop to the 'supporters' to keep them onside.

I guess both of the above.

The huntin' killin' murderous bloodthirsty oiks need reassurance that a Tory government is in power...
Cannydc

Postby jaceylacey » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:53 pm

If this was a working class pastime it would have been banned decades ago. How anyone can gain enjoyment from this barbaric sport is truly beyond me.
jaceylacey

Postby Rocthedog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:25 pm

All major towns and cities and villages are now plagued with foxes...I will tell you this...the foxes that are killed with the gun/poison/ and trapping far outweighs any of the hunting that was done by dogs ......Hunts used to pay a stipend to farmers not to kill foxes...So the hunt could be successful......or nearly....... The scare now is with foxes being in very close proximaty to town dogs........."Rabies"......Once that happens...Big trouble.......

I wonder how many anti hunt mainiacs like a bacon sandwich..or a lamb chop...a beef burger.........a nice bit of Turkey...A Kentucky fried..............Mmmmm :trollface: :wurms:
Rocthedog

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Rocthedog wrote:All major towns and cities and villages are now plagued with foxes...I will tell you this...the foxes that are killed with the gun/poison/ and trapping far outweighs any of the hunting that was done by dogs ......Hunts used to pay a stipend to farmers not to kill foxes...So the hunt could be successful......or nearly....... The scare now is with foxes being in very close proximaty to town dogs........."Rabies"......Once that happens...Big trouble.......

I wonder how many anti hunt mainiacs like a bacon sandwich..or a lamb chop...a beef burger.........a nice bit of Turkey...A Kentucky fried..............Mmmmm :trollface: :wurms:

Urban foxes have fuck all to do with the countryside and everything to do with wankers littering the streets with discarded fast food. When was the last time that you saw a hunt charging down the main street of a suburban city in pursuit of a fox?

As for rabies, you need to read read the figures for Northern Europe.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:05 pm

"I wonder how many anti hunt mainiacs like a bacon sandwich..or a lamb chop...a beef burger.........a nice bit of Turkey...A Kentucky fried..............Mmmmm"

All of the above.

But, just like the mounted killers with dogs, I wouldn't eat Fox.... So why the need to kill them by chasing with dogs, when 4 - 5 times as many foxes every year are killed on our roads as were ever hunted to death, and twice as many shot or poisoned by farmers?
Cannydc

Postby TeamRighty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Cannydc wrote:The Hunting Act "simply doesn't work", Agriculture Minister Jim Paice has said, as hundreds across the UK prepare for traditional Boxing Day meets.

On a visit to hunt kennels in Peterborough, the Conservative minister said he supported hunting with dogs.

The 2005 act makes it illegal to hunt wild animals using dogs.

Hunt supporters describe the act as expensive and failed, and are calling for it to be repealed. But opponents say there is no desire among the general public to bring it back.

Ahead of the annual hunt in Milton Park, Peterborough, Mr Paice said: "The current law simply doesn't work.

"I personally am in favour of hunting with dogs - and the coalition agreement clearly states that we will have a free vote on whether to repeal the act when there is time in the parliamentary calendar to do so."

Yes, far more important than 3m unemployed and an economy driven to its' last legs by savage cuts made when it could least stand them, let's bring back the murder of sentient British mammals by chasing them to exhaustion and then having them ripped to pieces by a pack of dogs with no other purpose in life.

Tell you what, Jim (and Dave, and you Nick) - if the Act isn't working, BAN THIS BLOODSPORT TOTALLY, leaving it where it belongs, alongside slavery, bear bating and kids up chimneys - CONSIGN HUNTING WITH HOUNDS TO THE DUSTBIN OF HISTORY under the title Embarassing Things We Did In The Name Of Tradition...

Merry Christmas Everyone

kahnny, foxes are a good source of protein son :canny:
TeamRighty

Postby Cannydc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:22 pm

:pukeup:

So are worms, Dad.

I don't eat them either.
Cannydc

Postby SaintNickers » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Dave has not got a say on this, the judges and rich elite who go fox hunting will not listen to Dave, he is JUST the prime minister to them.

Was watching some rich toff saying it helps to curb the foxes....absolute bollox! they do it as a sport, if the foxes are a problem then let the farmers deal with them, as they do already.

As pointed out already, you do not see fox hunters riding through the city killing the foxes which have populated because of the discusting unhygenic habits of the humans.

if there is a problem then its the humans and not the foxes....the foxes are not going to chop down trees to built new estates for the ever growing human population.
SaintNickers

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:31 pm

SaintNickers wrote:Dave has not got a say on this, the judges and rich elite who go fox hunting will not listen to Dave, he is JUST the prime minister to them.

Was watching some rich toff saying it helps to curb the foxes....absolute bollox! they do it as a sport, if the foxes are a problem then let the farmers deal with them, as they do already.

As pointed out already, you do not see fox hunters riding through the city killing the foxes which have populated because of the discusting unhygenic habits of the humans.

if there is a problem then its the humans and not the foxes....the foxes are not going to chop down trees to built new estates for the ever growing human population.

Well said. At the bottom of my road is Brunel Woods and it is teeming with foxes. There are no organised hunts to curb the so-called problem and there are no issues with foxes coming into the village because they have ample food to prey on in their natural environment.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Canny, you need to get out more. Death is part of the countryside. Always has been. Not sure why you want to force your irrational and illogical beliefs on others.
Maddog

Postby TeamRighty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Cannydc wrote::pukeup:

So are worms, Dad.

I don't eat them either.

but you said dogs are fair game#?
TeamRighty

Postby Cannydc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 pm

"Death is part of the countryside. "

No point in quoting the US National Anthem to me, Maddog.

I see it is part of Texas towns too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16330307
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs