Big Fat Frosty wrote:better this guy get it than some hedge fund cunt
who donated half a million to the tories
that motherfucker has probably ruined
more peoples lifes than some wannabe gangster
could do in ten lifetimes
whole things a cringing farce
:shoot:

Indeed so.

your mate mikey carrol should get an OBE. he should have one anyway for services to annoying norfolk folk with stock car racing in bentleys, the guy is god :awesome:
TeamRighty

Re: former gang member gets an OBE WTF?

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 am

My mate Mikey Carrol?

Never met him in my life, so hy would he be a mate of mine.
Ali

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

TeamRighty wrote:
Ali wrote:
TeamRighty wrote:well the same thing goes for our old question, lets hope roy whiting doesnt come out of prison a "reformed man".

and what about the whites that shot that indian student in salford? the one who did it will go to prison, but before hes sentenced, (or his accomplices) what if they "reform" before the hearing? set up an anti gun campaign?

Do you not believe in giving people second chances TR?

second chances yes, OBEs to ex gang members no, he should be stopping knife crime to make up for his past life anyway, and not given an OBE, how do you think lorraine kelly feels as she was nominated for one too? she has been working for charities for decades :Ssad:

Why should the fact he used to be in a gang affect his eligibility for an award?

David Cameron used to belong to a gang didn't he and yet he is now the Prime Minister.
Ali

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 am

TeamRighty wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:better this guy get it than some hedge fund cunt
who donated half a million to the tories
that motherfucker has probably ruined
more peoples lifes than some wannabe gangster
could do in ten lifetimes
whole things a cringing farce
:shoot:

Indeed so.

your mate mikey carrol should get an OBE. he should have one anyway for services to annoying norfolk folk with stock car racing in bentleys, the guy is god :awesome:

Long time since he did that, D-D.

He is on Jobseekers Allowance - and a salutary lesson to anyone who comes into money...
Cannydc

Postby TeamRighty » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Ali wrote:
TeamRighty wrote:
Ali wrote:
TeamRighty wrote:well the same thing goes for our old question, lets hope roy whiting doesnt come out of prison a "reformed man".

and what about the whites that shot that indian student in salford? the one who did it will go to prison, but before hes sentenced, (or his accomplices) what if they "reform" before the hearing? set up an anti gun campaign?

Do you not believe in giving people second chances TR?

second chances yes, OBEs to ex gang members no, he should be stopping knife crime to make up for his past life anyway, and not given an OBE, how do you think lorraine kelly feels as she was nominated for one too? she has been working for charities for decades :Ssad:

Why should the fact he used to be in a gang affect his eligibility for an award?

David Cameron used to belong to a gang didn't he and yet he is now the Prime Minister.

i didnt vote for him, or any of the other liblabclones, theyre all crooks and anti British racists
TeamRighty

Postby SaintNickers » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Ali,
If his brother had never been shot, do you think he would have changed? Sad thing is, I don`t think he would have.
SaintNickers

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:32 pm

SaintNickers wrote:Ali,
If his brother had never been shot, do you think he would have changed? Sad thing is, I don`t think he would have.

That's something we will never know but what has that got to do with anything. it did happen and as it turns out a lot of good work has come out of his death.
Ali

Postby SaintNickers » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Ali wrote:

That's something we will never know but what has that got to do with anything. it did happen and as it turns out a lot of good work has come out of his death.

You see Ali, you are seeing it from a completely different angle from me. I grew up in an area where blacks gangs were rife, so seeing an ex gang member helping others is not an achievement to me, its to be expected.
You say it is something we will never know........no Ali, YOU will never know!
i am not saying he would have always stayed in the gang, but the chances are he would have until he was either shot himself, found himself a good woman or decided to move away from that area.

Here is a little example of what I am trying to say:
Spoke to my mum this morning and asked her if she saw on t.v the fireworks in London last night as they were wicked? she said "no I haven`t, but we also had our own spectacular display"
Point is.......some people see things way too much into what it actually is, you have not experienced what the black gangs can be like, so to me, what is doing is no big feat but is to expected.
What may be seen as marvelous for some, is not so for others.
You know what rain looks and feels like and many do not like the rain, but in Somalia!!!! if only!!
SaintNickers

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 pm

SaintNickers wrote:
Ali wrote:

You see Ali, you are seeing it from a completely different angle from me. I grew up in an area where blacks gangs were rife, so seeing an ex gang member helping others is not an achievement to me, its to be expected.
You say it is something we will never know........no Ali, YOU will never know!
i am not saying he would have always stayed in the gang, but the chances are he would have until he was either shot himself, found himself a good woman or decided to move away from that area.

Here is a little example of what I am trying to say:
Spoke to my mum this morning and asked her if she saw on t.v the fireworks in London last night as they were wicked? she said "no I haven`t, but we also had our own spectacular display"
Point is.......some people see things way too much into what it actually is, you have not experienced what the black gangs can be like, so to me, what is doing is no big feat but is to expected.
What may be seen as marvelous for some, is not so for others.
You know what rain looks and feels like and many do not like the rain, but in Somalia!!!! if only!!

That's all well and good Joe, but none of that is relevent really.

The guy is doing good work in the wider community and as such is being rewarded for it. I can't see anything wrong in someone getting some form of recognition for what they are doing in the here and now.

Seems to me that you cannot see anything in him other his past and you certainly don't seem to be able to forgive him for being a one time gang member.

But in my opinion it is a case of respect where respect is due Joe.
Ali

Postby SaintNickers » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Ali wrote:

The guy is doing good work in the wider community and as such is being rewarded for it. I can't see anything wrong in someone getting some form of recognition for what they are doing in the here and now.

Seems to me that you cannot see anything in him other his past and you certainly don't seem to be able to forgive him for being a one time gang member.

Once again, I am not putting him down for the good he is doing, ffs Ali read the posts again if you have to, it has been said enough times, i am just saying he doesn`t deserve an OBE.
SaintNickers

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:15 pm

SaintNickers wrote:
Ali wrote:

Once again, I am not putting him down for the good he is doing, ffs Ali read the posts again if you have to, it has been said enough times, i am just saying he doesn`t deserve an OBE.

Have you dropped the 'criminal' tag now then?

Not read back through the thread but it seems you may have done.
Fletch

Postby SaintNickers » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Fletch wrote:
SaintNickers wrote:
Ali wrote:

he was a fucking drug dealer you fly on an Ass`s arse. i did not say he was one now.

SaintNickers

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:27 pm

SaintNickers wrote:
Fletch wrote:
SaintNickers wrote:
Ali wrote:

he was a fucking drug dealer you fly on an Ass`s arse. i did not say he was one now.

You started off calling him a criminal, asked if all ex cons should all receive OBE's yet failed to inform us of what he was convicted of and how long he spent in prison when asked to.

So you've stopped calling him an ex con or criminal now, is that because he hasn't been convicted of anything?
Fletch

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:32 pm

SaintNickers wrote:
Ali wrote:

Why does he not deserve one Joe. What makes his work less worthy of an award than that of Lorraine Kelly.
Ali

Postby TeamRighty » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:48 pm

well done to this dude for changing for the better, but his previous life makes OBEs look worthless, thats all
TeamRighty

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs