2012 Olympic Year!..lets see the benefits so far

Re: 2012 Olympic Year!..lets see the benefits so far

Postby wutang » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Mark wrote:all the gavvers gonna be busy for a few weeks.........................

be rude to ignore opportunity eh
:whistle:

Keep dreaming Mark. From a link I posted earlier:

they are deploying surface to air missiles from the air force and navy, using 150 dedicated MI5 agents, bringing over 1000 FBI agents from the US, hiring 20,000 security guards / hired thugs from G4s, and a total of 5,000 soldiers have been offered by the ministry of defence.

London is gonna be experiencingfull on Police state mode during those 4 weeks. :shoot:

Enjoy yourself :doomed:
wutang

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 pm

lol - I'm off to Norfolk Wu, then will work me way north

spot on ref all the "vital" new laws that will be enforced on us plebs..............

sadly, most of "us" will see this as a good thing, just like the poxy "terror" laws we can all be locked up for, without charge...........good innit :grrrrr:
Mark

Postby SaintNickers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:50 pm

wutang wrote:
Mark wrote:all the gavvers gonna be busy for a few weeks.........................

be rude to ignore opportunity eh
:whistle:

Keep dreaming Mark. From a link I posted earlier:

they are deploying surface to air missiles from the air force and navy, using 150 dedicated MI5 agents, bringing over 1000 FBI agents from the US, hiring 20,000 security guards / hired thugs from G4s, and a total of 5,000 soldiers have been offered by the ministry of defence.

London is gonna be experiencingfull on Police state mode during those 4 weeks. :shoot:

Enjoy yourself :doomed:

Not the whole of London, only where the games are happening, all the ghettos and normal living areas will be on their own. (no change there then!)
SaintNickers

Postby SaintNickers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Mark wrote:lol - I'm off to Norfolk Wu, then will work me way north

spot on ref all the "vital" new laws that will be enforced on us plebs..............

sadly, most of "us" will see this as a good thing, just like the poxy "terror" laws we can all be locked up for, without charge...........good innit :grrrrr:

NORFOLK????
wow! I have a check to give him, can you post it through his letter box for me, its a "reality check"
SaintNickers

Postby Ali » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Here are some of the 'Nice' things us Londoners have had to put up with so far, even before the fucking thing starts.

Of course, they will be of no concern to Ali, Canny and all the rest of the 'I'm all right jack' brigade who'll sit a home watching it on TV, saying to themselves, "I must enjoy this, I must enjoy this" and that is only if the government don't make it compulsory, with the fear of prosecution, to watch 6 hours of it, everyday.

The Blackwall Tunnel, southbound bore has been closed every night for the past two and a half years, for renovations and improvements related to Olympic access. This might sound innocuous to the non Londoner, but when, like me and hundreds of thousands of other Londoners you have to either take a 40 mile detour or a trip to Tower Bridge through the busiest parts of London, just to get to the other side of the Thames, it is an enormous pain in the arse, not to mention the WALLET.

Road closures, diversions and roadworks everywhere, it takes at least 30 minutes longer to go anywhere around London at the moment, right out to and including the M25.

Then we have the making of the Olympic traffic only lanes, which cover every major route which leads to East London, dare set half a tyre width in one of them and its an instant £80 fine and three points, even when they are completely empty, which they will be 90% of the time.

Then when it starts, they'll really get going, road blocks, security checks, whole swathes of roads closed with massive diversions, we'll be treated as second class citizens, yet again, in our own city.

You're right TJ, I am unconcerned about your little bit of inconvenience. Just as in the same way you will be unconcerned about the inconveneince to drivers when the Keynsham Bypass or the Bristol ring Road is closed at night meaning people on the roads through the night have to detour.

Never mind :bawlin: , it will all be over soon enough. :laughing:

Oh and I'm sure being a Londoner you are well aware of all the short cut routes to take.
Ali

Postby SaintNickers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Ali
"You're right TJ, I am unconcerned about your little bit of inconvenience. Just as in the same way you will be unconcerned about the inconveneince to drivers when the Keynsham Bypass or the Bristol ring Road is closed at night meaning people on the roads through the night have to detour."

====================================================================================================================
AT NIGHT???
Will it affect you that bad? you are gunna have to take your red light elsewhere then. :gigglesnshit:
SaintNickers

Postby wutang » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 pm

SaintNickers wrote: Not the whole of London, only where the games are happening, all the ghettos and normal living areas will be on their own. (no change there then!)

You only have to look at what happened in the run up to the Royal Wedding to see thats false... arresting and detaining "would be protesters" without charge. Anyone even thinking of protesting or striking in London during the Olympics will be in the firing line.
You dont think its a coincidence that the Met tried to classify the Occupy protesters as a "Terrorist organisation" recently?

'You will be smiley happy people for the world to see' :shoot:
wutang

Postby SaintNickers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 pm

wutang wrote:
SaintNickers wrote: Not the whole of London, only where the games are happening, all the ghettos and normal living areas will be on their own. (no change there then!)

You only have to look at what happened in the run up to the Royal Wedding to see thats false... arresting and detaining "would be protesters" without charge. Anyone even thinking of protesting or striking in London during the Olympics will be in the firing line.
You dont think its a coincidence that the Met tried to classify the Occupy protesters as a "Terrorist organisation" recently?

'You will be smiley happy people for the world to see' :shoot:

The protesters are not in the normal living areas.
I agree there will be security, all in the areas where the games will be held. Ofcourse they will need the security, but is it really all worth it in the end, all the disruption to the people who live in and around those areas? the extra costs? the extra disruptions? unless you have your own business which will benefit from it, will the normal joe or workers see the profits go their way or be refunded back into their council taxes?
The people who make the money out of the Olympics will not be hanging around after to re invest in the areas which have been affected by it now.
SaintNickers

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:30 pm

You'll be stopping by for a beer in the Hare Arms, Stow Bardolph, on the way past, Marky ?

:more beer:
Cannydc

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 pm

that depends on the takings :shoot:
:smilin:

lol

i need to drop off a nice red for ya, so you never know.

hope you had a goodun fella, lovin the Avi :smilin:
Mark

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Good man !!

There are sure to be a couple of whatever your poison is lined up to ease the pain...

Especially if Leeds carry on the way they are...
Cannydc

Postby TeamRighty » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:28 pm

:

be careful in norfolk, some of the dangers are highlighted in my profile pic for your safety, take care darkmix :smilin:
TeamRighty

Postby wutang » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Mark wrote:that depends on the takings :shoot:

lol

There are a few canal boats in Northamptonshire that you could jack, sink the fuckers as well and you will be doing the country an honourable service :trollface:
wutang

Postby TeamRighty » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:43 pm

wutang wrote:
Mark wrote:that depends on the takings :shoot:

lol

There are a few canal boats in Northamptonshire that you could jack, sink the fuckers as well and you will be doing the country an honourable service :trollface:

you gotta be quicker than that mate, buckinghamshire is looking fine now the locks have opened :more beer:
TeamRighty

Postby TeamRighty » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:44 pm

besides, our boat is stab proof, better luck next time, you gotta get past the german shephard too :smilin:
TeamRighty

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs