The Lawrence Campaign was only about Justice for Stephen!

The Lawrence Campaign was only about Justice for Stephen!

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:18 pm

In an interview on the radio last night, the head of the Stephen Lawrence foundation stated that Mr & Mrs Lawrence's tireless campaigning was only ever about Justice for their son, the racist element never came into it.

Of course, we should all applaud their tenacity and dogged single mindedness that has now brought two culprits to prison, but to say they never considered the racism angle is not exactly correct. Over the years, Mrs Lawrence in particular, has been very vocal on the racism point.

She is on record as stating that Britain is 'institutionally racist', she is on record as stating that, "We buried Stephen in our home country, partly to stop filthy racists desecrating his grave and partly because we didn't want him buried in Britain's racist soil"..........Umm....not exactly free of racist connotations, eh?...........Still, I guess we are all entitled to make sweeping generalisations about the country who has given us a home, even if we don't regard it as such.

Let us be under no illusion, had this crime not had the 'racist' element pushed firmly to the fore, by the family and the army of 'concerned professionals' who crawl out of the woodwork offering their help in cases like this, we may well have seen no justice for Stephen and his murder may have gone unsolved like thousands of others, who never had the benefit of a concerted campaign for justice.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: The Lawrence Campaign was only about Justice for Stephen!

Postby spicy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 pm

To be honest I'm sick of hearing about it all!
spicy

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:46 pm

I'd swerve the Mail today then girl

21 pages of self congratulation, back slapping and venomous hatred directed at the other 3.

quite mad, but not unexpected
Mark

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:50 pm

spicy wrote:To be honest I'm sick of hearing about it all!

I can understand that, but there are many people out there who are conrgatulating the tenacity and doggedness of the family in finally getting to the truth about their son's death with one breath, yet those same people will tell the McCanns for instance, your daughter is dead, live with it and stop keep going on about it, in another.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs