electric cars

Re: electric cars

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:39 pm

They said the price of LPG would rocket for the same reason.

It hasn't, and those using it are saving around 40% of their fuel costs.

Negative guessing won't put people off - have you seen that pretty little Renault ?
Cannydc

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:59 pm

im gonna get a chrysler crossfire next
there hoving into price range....
3 large for a 2004
:cuppaT:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby SaintNickers » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Stooo wrote:
SaintNickers wrote:
Cannydc wrote:100 Mile range just won't do it for me. 160 miles to work on Monday am, 160 miles back thurs evening..

Otherwise it is a shoe-in, current costs are 14p a mile for fuel, leccy cars are less than half that, add in the zero road tax, and I would be £2,200 a year better off.

Not yet they don`t charge road tax, the point is once people start turning to electric cars and the government start losing their holiday money from the tax they make on petrol, they WILL start charging and the electricity will go up from 14p a unit to £1.40 (at least) a unit.
The government rely on the money they make from petrol, how do you think the will make up the deficit?

This is a theory, right?

No, its a fact, they did it with the solar panels, they will do it with the electric. So the quicker you get your BMX out from under the blanket in the garage the better. :smilin:
Our government neeeeed their money, and they will always try and get it somehow. Once people get their electric cars and the price of electicity sours, they will have no choice but to pay it, same with petrol, we have no choice but to buy it at these overinflated prices, cos??? we need our cars.
But its not just the electricity for the cars which will go up, it will be electircity all round.
SaintNickers

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:33 pm

SaintNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
SaintNickers wrote:
Cannydc wrote:100 Mile range just won't do it for me. 160 miles to work on Monday am, 160 miles back thurs evening..

Otherwise it is a shoe-in, current costs are 14p a mile for fuel, leccy cars are less than half that, add in the zero road tax, and I would be £2,200 a year better off.

Not yet they don`t charge road tax, the point is once people start turning to electric cars and the government start losing their holiday money from the tax they make on petrol, they WILL start charging and the electricity will go up from 14p a unit to £1.40 (at least) a unit.
The government rely on the money they make from petrol, how do you think the will make up the deficit?

This is a theory, right?

No, its a fact, they did it with the solar panels, they will do it with the electric. So the quicker you get your BMX out from under the blanket in the garage the better. :smilin:
Our government neeeeed their money, and they will always try and get it somehow. Once people get their electric cars and the price of electicity sours, they will have no choice but to pay it, same with petrol, we have no choice but to buy it at these overinflated prices, cos??? we need our cars.
But its not just the electricity for the cars which will go up, it will be electircity all round.

You have some credible links or is it an opinion?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby TeamRighty » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Cannydc wrote:They said the price of LPG would rocket for the same reason.

It hasn't, and those using it are saving around 40% of their fuel costs.

Negative guessing won't put people off - have you seen that pretty little Renault ?

lpg hasnt rocketed because we still have petrol, if they didnt get duty from petrol they would get it from LPG.

im not running my BMW M5 on electric, trust me
TeamRighty

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs