Do Brits love their country?

Re: Do Brits love their country?

Postby perro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Victoria wrote:
perro wrote:
Victoria wrote:
perro wrote:I watch and read a fair amount of British media and constantly note a "aren't we Brits so superiour to those barbaric Americans" tone. It's in your news, and also in your entertainment fiction. It's everywhere, you are brainwashed. You constantly swallow anti-American propaganda spoonfed to you by your mass media, and then turn around and think you know more about a nation than the people that live there.

How stupid and arrogant can you be?

Actually the Brits aren't brainwashed Perro, nor are we stupid and arrogant.

What would you call someone who thinks they know more about a country than the people that live there?

Better informed? I am Scottish but honest enough to admit there are people who don't live here, that know more about Scottish history than i do.

We're not talking about history, Vic. We are talking about daily life. Do you think there are people that have never set foot in Scotland but have a better understanding of what it's like to live there than you? Do you think that people that have never set foot in Scotland should be lecturing you on what it's like to live there?
perro

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm

perro wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:
perro wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:BTW, it's my experience that you are not like most Brits.

Your experience can hardly eclipse mine with regard to this matter.

LOL, Now if we could just get Brit posters to realize the same when discussing the USA.

we are not the ones ramming laws down other nations throats
or invading them for oil or to prevent the cia's dirty secrets from spilling out at the hague
or black mailing them saying dont legalise drugs or decriminalise
or we will stop any aid why do you think the EU fucking hates america
id say your living in a dream world but that would imply youd ever been awake
just admit it George Bush and 911 fucked your world standing
the majority of the world thinks you did it to yourselves in a federal macheivellin drama
an no one beleives anything american anymore
all they see is republican greed and warmongering
the patriot act and homeland security pushed your country right over the line
into a facist police state just as vile and unessacary as the stasi
no longer home of the free land of the brave
you are now shackled and chained
25 to life for 3 possesions of maryjane
come taste some private prison pain
sucks to be you
:cuppaT:

What can one expect from someone who gets his info of the USA from Rap songs.

actually i just freestyled that myself
mad skills son...
:dafinger:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby perro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:actually i just freestyled that myself
mad skills son...
:dafinger:

So you just pulled it out of you ass? It reads like something pulled from an ass.
perro

Postby curious » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 pm

:popcorn: :Hiya:
curious

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

perro wrote:
Victoria wrote:
perro wrote:
Victoria wrote:
perro wrote:I watch and read a fair amount of British media and constantly note a "aren't we Brits so superiour to those barbaric Americans" tone. It's in your news, and also in your entertainment fiction. It's everywhere, you are brainwashed. You constantly swallow anti-American propaganda spoonfed to you by your mass media, and then turn around and think you know more about a nation than the people that live there.

How stupid and arrogant can you be?

Actually the Brits aren't brainwashed Perro, nor are we stupid and arrogant.

What would you call someone who thinks they know more about a country than the people that live there?

Better informed? I am Scottish but honest enough to admit there are people who don't live here, that know more about Scottish history than i do.

We're not talking about history, Vic. We are talking about daily life. Do you think there are people that have never set foot in Scotland but have a better understanding of what it's like to live there than you? Do you think that people that have never set foot in Scotland should be lecturing you on what it's like to live there?

In that case i agree with you Perro, nobody has a better understanding of a country than the people who actually live there.
Vicky

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

i think black america are far more aware of your systems failures than a fat republican cunt like you
:hand:
what the fuck do you know about life in east LA...
in uk london leeds newcastle glasgow
all pretty much the same
yet you have two different fucking universes living side by side in LA
the disparity tween rich and poor here is fuck all compared to your 1st world and 3rd world
ffs.
Last edited by Big Fat Frosty on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm

curious wrote: :popcorn: :Hiya:

Hello curious, don't think we have met :Hiya:
Vicky

Postby curious » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Victoria wrote:
curious wrote: :popcorn: :Hiya:

Hello curious, don't think we have met :Hiya:

Evening Victoria, I just stopped by to see how this "fine" thread was going, I do so love the yanks. :gigglesnshit:
curious

Postby perro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:i think black america are far more aware of your systems failures than a fat republican cunt like you

And what the fuck do YOU know about it? What do you know about life ANYWHERE in the USA? You sit on your fat ass watching TV and think you know more about a subject than the people that have actual daily experience with it.
perro

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

daily experiance
pmsl
when was last time u was in the hood
or walked down fulton street in brooklyn
or walked anywhere u obese cunt

btw i watch amercan news read the papers
i know as much as you do seeing as you prolly never get out much anymore
Big Fat Frosty

Postby curious » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

perro wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:i think black america are far more aware of your systems failures than a fat republican cunt like you

And what the fuck do YOU know about it? What do you know about life ANYWHERE in the USA? You sit on your fat ass watching TV and think you know more about a subject than the people that have actual daily experience with it.

Wow, do you know for a fact that frosty sits on his "fat ass", or that he/she has never been to amerika? I do know for a "FACT" that many yank posters have never been out of amerika and yet think they know all about European society, British life and how they should be doing this or that according to some conservative amerikan ideal! So, we are to assume that it is alright for amerikans to sit on their collective ass and not travel about but lecture others on foreign policy or domestic policy for a given country, but it isn't ok for a British National to do the same with amerika? Hmmmmmm :whistle:
curious

Postby perro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm

curious wrote:
perro wrote:

Wow, do you know for a fact that frosty sits on his "fat ass", or that he/she has never been to amerika? I do know for a "FACT" that many yank posters have never been out of amerika and yet think they know all about European society, British life and how they should be doing this or that according to some conservative amerikan ideal! So, we are to assume that it is alright for amerikans to sit on their collective ass and not travel about but lecture others on foreign policy or domestic policy for a given country, but it isn't ok for a British National to do the same with amerika? Hmmmmmm :whistle:

When you come across Americans lecturing Brits on what daily life is like in the UK go ahead and call them on it with my approval.

Honestly, do you really think that Frosty has a better grasp of daily life in the USA than I? Really, are you that foolish?
perro

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm

i also watch a lot of the satire
onion news network and brooke alverez rule......

When you come across Americans lecturing Brits on what daily life is like in the UK go ahead and call them on it with my approval.

you lectured on uk life on sol from amerca all the time
your do it right here on this very british forum...
all the time
Last edited by Big Fat Frosty on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Fat Frosty

Postby perro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:daily experiance
pmsl
when was last time u was in the hood
or walked down fulton street in brooklyn
or walked anywhere u obese cunt

btw i watch amercan news read the papers
i know as much as you do seeing as you prolly never get out much anymore

I lived in "the hood" for almost ten years. I've lived in half a dozen different states and visited a dozen more. It's a safe bet that I've seen much more of the USA than you.

I read British papers and watch British news, yet I have no problem admitting you know more about UK life than do I.
perro

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

i never said i knew more
you said i didnt have a right to comment
on the things i see and read coz ive never actually been there
2 different things
Big Fat Frosty

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs