Britain is totally bankrupt says economics prof.

Re: Britain is totally bankrupt says economics prof.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

spicy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If you had caught the discussion from the start you would know they were discussing why austerity won't work.

Which is absolutely correct of course - austerity never has worked and never will for the very reasons he gave.

I know the cuts are cruel but people need to live within their means.

Yes these bankers on £6 million plus a year are struggling, poor mites to see them queueing in Temple Place for a plate of soup.

If we had collected very penny of due tax in the last ten years

would we

not need cuts

not have a debt

neither

both

Postby Maddog » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:Here it is. I meant Telegraph. The Telegram is my local paper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... money.html

In a stark warning ahead of next month’s Budget, the Chancellor said there was little the Coalition could do to stimulate the economy.

Mr Osborne made it clear that due to the parlous state of the public finances the best hope for economic growth was to encourage businesses to flourish and hire more workers.

“The British Government has run out of money because all the money was spent in the good years,” the Chancellor said. “The money and the investment and the jobs need to come from the private sector.”

Mr Osborne’s bleak assessment echoes that of Liam Byrne, the former chief secretary to the Treasury, who bluntly joked that Labour had left Britain broke when he exited the Government in 2010.

“The British Government has run out of money because all the money was spent in the good years,” the Chancellor said. “The money and the investment and the jobs need to come from the private sector.”

That should read 'The British Government has run out of money because all the money was given to big business from the private sector to provide more expensive and worse public services'.

If you're private sector can't provide better service, at a cheaper price, then government run services, you're screwed.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:

In a stark warning ahead of next month’s Budget, the Chancellor said there was little the Coalition could do to stimulate the economy.

Mr Osborne made it clear that due to the parlous state of the public finances the best hope for economic growth was to encourage businesses to flourish and hire more workers.

Mr Osborne’s bleak assessment echoes that of Liam Byrne, the former chief secretary to the Treasury, who bluntly joked that Labour had left Britain broke when he exited the Government in 2010.

That should read 'The British Government has run out of money because all the money was given to big business from the private sector to provide more expensive and worse public services'.

If you're private sector can't provide better service, at a cheaper price, then government run services, you're screwed.

They can. They just ramp up the money thus the Treasury is ripped off.

Postby TeamRighty » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:08 am

i condemn these bankers
TeamRighty

Postby Fletch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:

You really are one giant, walking, cliché maddog. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:

You really are one giant, walking, cliché maddog. :shake head:

Thanks. There is a reason certain things become a cliche.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes things normally become a cliche because people are too stupid to question and not well enough informed to defend.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Yes things normally become a cliche because people are too stupid to question and not well enough informed to defend.

Or, because where there is smoke, there is fire. :smilin:
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm

See above for an illustration of my point
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:See above for an illustration of my point

You had a point?
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Yes things normally become a cliche because people are too stupid to question and not well enough informed to defend.

Oh dear...

:gigglesnshit:
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Oh dear...

:gigglesnshit:

Quite.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:47 pm

See all of Maddog's 'rebuttals' to illustrate my point.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:If you had caught the discussion from the start you would know they were discussing why austerity won't work.

Which is absolutely correct of course - austerity never has worked and never will for the very reasons he gave.

And neither will printing money, the only solution is the one a great man took 60 odd years ago but that will not happen as the current leaders of the 'opposing' parties support the maintenance of the current system.

If only idiots like you could see things outside the prism of Labour v Tory.......

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:31 am

I don't think gassing Jews is necessarily the answer.

Or something we should be doing even if it is.
Cactus Jack

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs