They only rioted because they lost hope,Ex-Labour minister

Re: They only rioted because they lost hope,Ex-Labour minister

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 pm

That wasn't a riot! It was a protest!

The seeds of revolution had been planted by the media! It backfired! Simple as that! People in this country realy arn't smart enough to act on there own volition.
art0hur0moh

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 pm

She added: ‘We all regret the damage that was caused but what you do have to understand is, the reason that young people were rioting across Britain was because they had lost hope in the future.’

I thought the "excuse" given was that a man had been shot dead by the police. :dunno:
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If young people (or any people) feel they are not being listened to by the Government, they could arrange a peaceful protest. People managed to comment on Facebook about the riots and follow them on twitter and forums, so could they not arrange a protest of some sort?

I rather suspect they have learned from the results of previous 'peaceful protests', one or two such as Countryside Alliance and Stop The War spring to mind.
Cannydc

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Strange that all the calls for 'peaceful protest' portray the 'Occupy' movement; completely peaceful and law abiding to the point of moving on with only entirely passive protest when evicted by the courts, is also met so disparagingly.

Strange too that the same souls portray the 100% peaceful BDS protests against Israel as somehow sinister.

Perhaps for them impotent ranting against immigrants in support of drunken hooligans is the only 'legitimate' protest.

Peacfull protests? If they where peacfull why wouldn't mother terisa or ghandi join? They would never have joined an anti war protest! A peace march yes!! They understood the power of the spoken word, just as lawyers do!!

A White flag is not a surrender! It is a requirement for parly in the midst of conflict!

And we are at a minimum, up to our necks in conflict!!
art0hur0moh

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If young people (or any people) feel they are not being listened to by the Government, they could arrange a peaceful protest. People managed to comment on Facebook about the riots and follow them on twitter and forums, so could they not arrange a protest of some sort?

I rather suspect they have learned from the results of previous 'peaceful protests', one or two such as Countryside Alliance and Stop The War spring to mind.

The Countryside Alliance one in London wasn't very peaceful. If you want to make comparisons though, perhaps the peaceful protests from those who disapprove of animal abuse did influence the Labour Party.

I agree about the Stop the War one, but at least it did lead to criticism of the Labour Government, and may have influenced the reduction in votes for them at the next election and subsequent failure in the one after that.
Raggamuffin

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Would some posters stop trolling and stick to debating the subject here please.
Vicky

Postby Baader » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Neither reform nor revolution can effect change because each grow from the tainted seeds of the Old Order. It is only through the total destruction of all governments, all corporations and all systems of control that we can establish a New Order from the untainted seeds of choas.
Baader

Postby Cannydc » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Baader wrote:Neither reform nor revolution can effect change because each grow from the tainted seeds of the Old Order. It is only through the total destruction of all governments, all corporations and all systems of control that we can establish a New Order from the untainted seeds of choas.

I have my cave booked - do you ?
Cannydc

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 am

Baader wrote:Neither reform nor revolution can effect change because each grow from the tainted seeds of the Old Order. It is only through the total destruction of all governments, all corporations and all systems of control that we can establish a New Order from the untainted seeds of choas.

Carefull!!! That is you advocating anarchy! Not that I have any problem with anarchy, I am an advocate! I don't believe people need govornance. I have faith that we are more than capable of self govornance! Govornment need the people! No wonder they sh*t them selves every mention of the word!
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:45 am

If any one actually recalls the events after the first night! It wasn't the police that calmed the situation, but local communities policing there own patch and supporting the police that brought eventual calm!
art0hur0moh

Postby jack sparrow » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 pm

All of the people who died (were murdered) once the riots started were murdered by a particular "group".
jack sparrow

Postby Guestwhowontlogin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Exactly. Blank sheet of paper time.
Guestwhowontlogin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs