Yet another lesson we can learn from little old Iceland

Yet another lesson we can learn from little old Iceland

Postby Trapper John » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:44 am

The other day I posted that Iceland had, after finding itself bankrupt in 2008 because of the collapse of their three major banks, told their creditors of which we were one, to fuck off they weren't going to pay any of their debts.

Despite being told that they would become the economic equivalent of Gary Glitter, pariahs in the world for a thousand years by every economy they owed money to, they are now the fastest growing economy in the northern hemisphere and have just been awarded a credit rating to match ours and far better than most EU countries.

Well here is another lesson we can learn from them. Today they put their ex Prime Minister on trial, the one who presided over them in the years leading up to and at the time of their 'crash'. He is charged with negligence and failing to ensure that proper measures were taken to safeguard the country and it's economy from greedy and unscrupulous bankers.

How refreshing, a country prepared to make a politician ACCOUNTABLE for his actions, something this country has failed to do for almost EVER!

How about we do the same, but not just stopping at Gordon Brown, lets drag the whole lot of them, struggling and screaming to court in chains, Blair and his cronies, the bankers and everyone else responsible for the demise of our nation.... and lets be calling for the death penalty for treason when we find them all GUILTY AS CHARGED!

Of course they will use the same excuse as the Icelandic ex premier is going to use in his defence saying, "I did it because I thought I was working in the best interests of the country"....where have we heard that old chestnut before?.....they always forget to add the bit where it says "but more importantly, my personal fortune too."
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Yet another lesson we can learn from little old Iceland

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:02 am

I was watching the kieser report last year! He comended there actions! I can't recal how they did it, even though I was listening intently and watched the same program twice.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:12 am

Morning trap.
art0hur0moh

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 am

Which would be fine except for the fact that Iceland is paying back it's creditors - it's just that it refused to follow an austerity agenda in order to do so.
Cactus Jack

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Which would be fine except for the fact that Iceland is paying back it's creditors - it's just that it refused to follow an austerity agenda in order to do so.

Debts are not incured upon them who never accepted the conditions! I have never voted for a govornment, I have voted to get more people in the halls of govornment and court.

I am not obligated to pay the debts of gready, corrupt officials I had/have no confidence in. Why should I be subjected to austerity when the govornment has borrowed millions from me, and incuring all these debts? But these debt are not ours to pay, but my childrens wouch is far worse!! What was it labour got in with 24% well that is the percentage of the population that has accepted responsability. This govornment 21%?

Pensioners living on less than six k per annum. Only getting a marginal reduction in paying council tax. Incuring a greater than resonable cost of living. It is a disgrace! Absolutly disgusting! You can blam bankers if it pleases one to do so. They for the most part worked within the regulations. It is govornments and the crown that incured these debts! They can pay the debts out there own wages and live as they have subjected many retired hard workers to!
art0hur0moh

Postby Trapper John » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Which would be fine except for the fact that Iceland is paying back it's creditors - it's just that it refused to follow an austerity agenda in order to do so.

Maybe you should tell your mates who run the Labour councils, which stashed £millions of taxpayers money in the Icelandic banks expecting returns that many told them were impossible to achieve, that then.

I am sure they'd be happy to know that their money was safe afterall. Second thoughts, they don't care do they?..... Gordon Brown told them not to worry, he'd give them their money back out of the treasury funds, couldn't have his councillors looking like naive, clueless greedy idiots now, could he?

Iceland have said that maybe, thats 'maybe' they might pay some money back in the future if conditions allow, so don't hold your breath.....third thoughts, start holding it now. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:02 pm

plenty of greedy useless mofos in the tory boroughs as well trap

who were somehow allowed to gamble with taxpayers money...................

as for Iceland

i said yonks ago that we should declare war and invade em

there be loads & loads of gas n oil in their waters.......

plus we must owe em somtething for Bjork..............................its oh so quiet.......... :twirl:
Mark

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Mark wrote:plenty of greedy useless mofos in the tory boroughs as well trap

who were somehow allowed to gamble with taxpayers money...................

as for Iceland

i said yonks ago that we should declare war and invade em

there be loads & loads of gas n oil in their waters.......

plus we must owe em somtething for Bjork..............................its oh so quiet.......... :twirl:

Iceland should go back to being called Beejams. :hap: :hap:
Cactus Jack

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

its all that katonas fault

if she hadn't spent all her dosh trying to inhale comumbia, none of this would have ever happened :leer:
Mark

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs