DAVE'S LIES, AND THE TOXIC 'CHIPPING NORTON SET'

DAVE'S LIES, AND THE TOXIC 'CHIPPING NORTON SET'

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 am

In late 2010, Dave denied publicly that he had ever gone riding with Rebekah Brooks.

When the story resurfaced last week, his spokesman stonewalled for 3 days.

Only one hour after the last refusal to answer, Dave himself said 'I may have got on a horse once, but not that one' (Retired police horse Raisa, not Mrs Brooks). Hmmm.

At this point, it started to sound like Clinton (I did not have sexual relations with that woman)

Later the same afternoon, his spokesman admitted that Dave 'might have ridden Raisa, but had no recollection of riding with Mrs Brooks'

Then we had the Brussels fiasco, Dave breaking into a highly serious press conference to announce to the world that he had indeed ridden Raisa.

So why the obfuscation, the bluster, the denials and half truths ?

OK, yes he is a Tory politician - but the truth is he has been caught out yet again betraying his utter horror of being linked to the stories of journalistic malpractice and police corruption. It shows his closeness to the Murdoch empire, and his image as a wealthy toff has been strengthened too.

In fact, this episode has shown Dave in a true light. An empty lying socialite, out of touch with the British people and far too close to many about to be jailed for their crimes...
Cannydc

Re: DAVE'S LIES, AND THE TOXIC 'CHIPPING NORTON SET'

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 am

I agree, but couldn't one say that about Tony Blair as well? He wasn't exactly a poor downtrodden thing who just wanted to help others was he? He's done pretty well for himself since he resigned as PM.
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I agree, but couldn't one say that about Tony Blair as well? He wasn't exactly a poor downtrodden thing who just wanted to help others was he? He's done pretty well for himself since he resigned as PM.

The operative phrase being 'since he resigned'.

If mug yanks want to pay him a hundred large to speak, who is he to argue ?

Perhaps he would simply use the phrase 'because I'm worth it' ?

Anyway, the point is, Dave is a serving PM. What he does now, is relevant, what Blair does with his private life as an ex-PM certainly isn't.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I agree, but couldn't one say that about Tony Blair as well? He wasn't exactly a poor downtrodden thing who just wanted to help others was he? He's done pretty well for himself since he resigned as PM.

The operative phrase being 'since he resigned'.

If mug yanks want to pay him a hundred large to speak, who is he to argue ?

Perhaps he would simply use the phrase 'because I'm worth it' ?

Anyway, the point is, Dave is a serving PM. What he does now, is relevant, what Blair does with his private life as an ex-PM certainly isn't.

Yes, but all the time he was PM he was setting up his own future surely. Do you think he would be doing so well if he hadn't had a high profile as PM? Before he was PM he wasn't exactly at a disadvantage in life was he?
Raggamuffin

Postby Trapper John » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 pm

He did pretty well for himself when he 'WAS' PM as well. Remember the case of the massive property portfolio he and his wife were building?...to name just one.

Never had the prospect of ever being able to keep up the interest repayments on a PM's and Lawyers salaries. Yet, years down the line he is miraculously a multi millionaire and those interest payments became small change, he must have had some crystal ball, that bloke.

Point with Canny is, he does have a point, but I assume that he has a neck injury of some sort, which only allows his head to turn to face RIGHT.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:

He did pretty well for himself when he 'WAS' PM as well. Remember the case of the massive property portfolio he and his wife were building?...to name just one.

Never had the prospect of ever being able to keep up the interest repayments on a PM's and Lawyers salaries. Yet, years down the line he is miraculously a multi millionaire and those interest payments became small change, he must have had some crystal ball, that bloke.

Point with Canny is, he does have a point, but I assume that he has a neck injury of some sort, which only allows his head to turn to face RIGHT.

Yes, I was just thinking about that, but I couldn't remember the details.

I'm not sure that David Cameron can be singled out here.
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 pm

He was paying a mortgage for his property, and probably still is...

His wife was earning twice his salary while he was PM, but I bet she isn't now.

As for him 'setting himself up while PM', how exactly could he avoid doing that ? Even John 'Grey Man' Major was in demand on the after dinner circuit.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:23 pm

" I assume that he has a neck injury of some sort, which only allows his head to turn to face RIGHT."

Why would anyone wish to shit on their own doorstep ?
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:He was paying a mortgage for his property, and probably still is...

As for him 'setting himself up while PM', how exactly could he avoid doing that ? Even John 'Grey Man' Major was in demand on the after dinner circuit.

It's just that you seem to be singling Cameron out as an "empty lying socialite", but I don't think Mr Blair was much better. He was a great disappointment to me actually. :shake head:
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 pm

I am singling him out as a SERVING PM. Blair isn't, nor come to that are Brown, Thatcher, Major or Pitt the Younger.

This isn't a thread about a PM beauty contest, it is about the doubtful standards, morals and contacts of the man currently in No 10. A man who will in 3 short years be forced to face the electorate and beg for re-election.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Cannydc wrote:I am singling him out as a SERVING PM. Blair isn't, nor come to that are Brown, Thatcher, Major or Pitt the Younger.

This isn't a thread about a PM beauty contest, it is about the doubtful standards, morals and contacts of the man currently in No 10. A man who will in 3 short years be forced to face the electorate and beg for re-election.

Hmmmm, did you complain about Tony Blair in a similar manner when he was PM?

I'm not sticking up for Cameron by the way - he looked and sounded like a empty socialite before he was even chosen as Tory leader. Not sure about the "lying" bit - it was too soon to say then, but he's a politician so ... :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby Trapper John » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:He was paying a mortgage for his property, and probably still is...

It's just that you seem to be singling Cameron out as an "empty lying socialite", but I don't think Mr Blair was much better. He was a great disappointment to me actually. :shake head:

I think Mr Blair was a great disappointment to everybody...except of course to himself his wife and his friends....I would also say his parents, if I was sure the baaaastard had any.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 pm

"Hmmmm, did you complain about Tony Blair in a similar manner when he was PM? "

No

But why would I ? I am happy to leave that to those who feel the need to oppose. Which is precisely what I am doing now.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Cannydc wrote:"Hmmmm, did you complain about Tony Blair in a similar manner when he was PM? "

No

But why would I ? I am happy to leave that to those who feel the need to oppose. Which is precisely what I am doing now.

OK, so as I suspected, you're picking on Dave just because he's a Tory. :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Chipping Camden is a lovely place

was there a lot years back, doing all scienceteckie stuff when in the food game.

what do any of you wanna know about clostridia botulinum?

all our :hand: are cut from the same cloth

so please allow Canny to carry on

cos he'll be somewhat gagged next time the labour mob get in...................
Mark

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs