Why don't lefties march about slavery here?

Re: Why don't lefties march about slavery here?

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:54 am

Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Forum Support wrote:Tone down your language jack sparrow and do not refer to people in Africa as "savages".

?....are we know to be curbed from expressing a personal opinion, has the ultra liberal dogma finally reached dogs?

No, just sick to the back teeth, of Jack calling people from Africa savages. Its racist and offensive.

Well I can understand that, but if those people, which you have to admit were included in the topic of the OP and actually are savages, then it's a bit difficult not to refer to them as such, don't you agree?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:55 am

jack sparrow wrote:Definition of SAVAGE

1. A person regarded as primitive or uncivilized.
2. A person regarded as brutal, fierce, or vicious.

Moulkheir, who is in her 40s, was born a slave and spent her childhood tending her master’s herds. When she reached puberty, her owner took her out into the fields and raped her for the first time.
In the next few years, she was to bear him five children – all of whom were also born into slavery.
Staggeringly, the tradition is so ingrained in the Mauritanian psyche that Moulkheir did not even question the way she was treated.

‘I was like an animal living with animals,’ she told CNN’s John D. Sutter when he visited the country in December as part of the network’s ongoing Freedom Project, which was set up to fight modern day slavery.
The cataclysmic event which was to shatter her existence forever took place on an ordinary afternoon when she returned home from tending the goats.
Lying dead in the dust outside the hut was her youngest child, a little girl who had only just started to crawl.
Moulkheir’s master – and the child’s father – had dumped the baby outside to die.
He told her she would work faster without the girl tied to her back.
Moulkheir asked to bury the baby. The man refused.
‘(He told me) her soul was a dog’s soul,’ she said.
She was only able to lay her child to rest at the end of the day, in a shallow grave with no burial rites.
‘I only had my tears to console me,’ she told the anti-slavery activists who eventually helped free her.
‘I cried a lot for my daughter and the situation I was in. Instead of understanding, they ordered me to shut up.’

Moulkheir tried to carry on with her life. After owning another person was criminalised in 2007, an action group intervened and she briefly found herself free.
But her joy was short-lived. She and her children had gone to work for a former Mauritanian army colonel. There was no job. Instead the family was enslaved once more.

‘He turned out to be worse,’ Moulkheir said. ‘He beat me and slept with my daughters. He would fire above their heads with a gun.’
Selek’ha was beaten from the age of 13 and soon the colonel began raping her. She fell pregnant when she was 15 or 16.
The teenager was petrified that her master would be furious and feared for herself and her baby.
Her terror was well-founded. At nine months pregnant, the colonel put her in a pickup truck and drove furiously at high speeds along a rough dirt track.
'They put me in a car and drove it hard,' she said. 'And the baby came out of me dead.'

This terrible event was the turning point for Moulkheir and her family.
With the help of SOS Slaves, an action group established by a former master and a slave, they all finally escaped.
Moulkheir and Selek’ha now live in a very basic one-room shack in the Mauritanian capital Nouakchott and attend a nearby school set up by SOS.
But they are both still desperate for justice and are attempting to take their two former owners to court.
‘I demand justice – justice for my daughter that they killed, and justice for all the time they spent beating and abusing me,’ Moulkher told CNN.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1qPZWi2aJ

So that is not savage behaviour?

and you reckon all Africans are savages :gigglesnshit: or just black Africans?

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Forum Support wrote:Tone down your language jack sparrow and do not refer to people in Africa as "savages".

?....are we know to be curbed from expressing a personal opinion, has the ultra liberal dogma finally reached dogs?

No, just sick to the back teeth, of Jack calling people from Africa savages. Its racist and offensive.

Well I can understand that, but if those people, which you have to admit were included in the topic of the OP and actually are savages, then it's a bit difficult not to refer to them as such, don't you agree?

but he refers to EVERYONE from Africa as savages

Do you support that notion?

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

The people being enslaved aren't necessarily savages though.
Raggamuffin

Postby Vicky » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

No i don't agree.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

The people being enslaved aren't necessarily savages though.

But those doing the enslaving are, don't you agree?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

What are you going to do about it?

Search savages, see how many times it has been said and by whom and in what context :shake head:

I don't have the time to search anything.
Vicky

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:But those doing the enslaving are, don't you agree?

Very possibly, yes. It's just his generalising that's a bit offensive.
Raggamuffin

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

Well of course not, that would just be plain ridiculous.....but I would say that many Africans have yet to reach the level of civilised behaviour which we consider is a norm, here in the Northern and Western Europe.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:?....are we know to be curbed from expressing a personal opinion, has the ultra liberal dogma finally reached dogs?

Well of course not, that would just be plain ridiculous.....but I would say that many Africans have yet to reach the level of civilised behaviour which we consider is a norm, here in the Northern and Western Europe.

Sparrow says they are all savages and has done in numerous posts.

Postby jack sparrow » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm

That's Mr. Sparrow to you.
jack sparrow

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 pm

jack sparrow wrote:That's Mr. Sparrow to you.

:gigglesnshit:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Anyway Jack, to go back to the original title of your thread.....It is probably the same reason that newly and not so newly arrived 'Britons' don't appear when doing the 'Sport relief mile'...... or are noticable by their absense on 'Red nose day' and 'Children in need'.......or indeed any charity event where money is to be collected for their disadvantaged bretheren in the third world, where they were once living.

Still those sort of things are whitey's job....afterall we have still got a lot of apologising and making amends for centuries old, percieved wrongs which were done to them by the ancestors of the rich elite who, continue to run our country to this very day.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs