Could there be Flying Saucers

Could there be Flying Saucers

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Ok maybe not "flying saucers" per se, but could the Earth be or have been visited by extraterrestrials? I'm not saying I'm convinced. But, on the other hand there is a lot our species doesn't know about the universe.

Do you think it's a certainty?

A maybe?

Or a no way?

Re: Could there be Flying Saucers

Postby KeithTas » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 pm

See the other thread on dogma Guest.
KeithTas

Postby 3rdLeg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 am

More points to the fact that they are real than visa versa.

There is enough evidence of aerial phenonema that science should investigate, not all is swamp gas and flares etc. Unfortunately the giggle factor gets in the way, many won't touch it, not becuase it may or may not produce anythign but by peer pressure, alienated from publishing ( no pun intended ) and loss of funding. These do and have occured.

Keitho will no doubt mention the evidence, ie: as in video and stills. Always blury etc. Anyone see the footage of the numbnut that jumped out of the capsule to free fall to earth yesterday? Crickey, that was some really shitty footage of him falling, grainy and blury, Keitho, don't you think with all the modern digital tech today we should of got a crystal clear image? I mean the camera tech far exceeds what the average wackjob on the street carries no? Would love to hear your reason for the shitty quality.
3rdLeg

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Maybe we are better off not knowing.

If UFOs exist it's obvious they are hiding from us. They don't seem to be interfering with us in a major way.

If they were to be uncovered and proven to exist it might alter their behaviour towards us, and perhaps not in a good way?

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm

It's entirely possible but we have no way of knowing.
Cactus Jack

Postby 3rdLeg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It's entirely possible but we have no way of knowing.

We can just look how far we have come in such a short time, the past 250 yrs since the begining of the industrial revolution and we have Voyager 1 on the edges of our solar system verging on interstellar. Now, and i have said this many times if we can do this in 250 yrs since the begining of the industrial revolution then imagine what an intelligent race could do a million years ahead of us technology wise.. Statisics tell us there must be an abundance of life out there, intelligent also.
3rdLeg

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Are we being watched by intelligent rocks.

Personally I've never seen any signs of intelligence from Roc but I could be wrong.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Guest wrote:Maybe we are better off not knowing.

If UFOs exist it's obvious they are hiding from us. They don't seem to be interfering with us in a major way.If they were to be uncovered and proven to exist it might alter their behaviour towards us, and perhaps not in a good way?

YET!.....soon we will descend upon your earth, rip your heads off and shit our eggs down your necks.........then we'll get nasty.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:

If UFOs exist it's obvious they are hiding from us. They don't seem to be interfering with us in a major way.If they were to be uncovered and proven to exist it might alter their behaviour towards us, and perhaps not in a good way?

YET!.....soon we will descend upon your earth, rip your heads off and shit our eggs down your necks.........then we'll get nasty.

This had better not be about Muslims...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

This had better not be about Muslims...

Do they have muslims in outer space?............guess so, they're fucking everywhere else
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby KeithTas » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 am

Yet again I must have been out when someone got proof of flying saucers. Was it another Kennedy moment I missed, surely everyone on the planet would all know about it and if it was actual proof our view of our world would change forever.

Whackjobs
KeithTas

Postby KeithTas » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:25 am

3rdLeg wrote:

We can just look how far we have come in such a short time, the past 250 yrs since the begining of the industrial revolution and we have Voyager 1 on the edges of our solar system verging on interstellar. Now, and i have said this many times if we can do this in 250 yrs since the begining of the industrial revolution then imagine what an intelligent race could do a million years ahead of us technology wise.. Statisics tell us there must be an abundance of life out there, intelligent also.

Here's some perspective Leggo, from NASA's website

Question: What is the "direction" (constellation and/or star) both VOYAGER 1 & 2 and the Pioneers are "aimed" for, at present.

Answer: Pioneer 10 is headed towards the constellation of Taurus (The Bull). It will take Pioneer over 2 million years to pass by one of the stars in the constellation.

Pioneer 11 is headed toward the constellation of Aquila (The Eagle), Northwest of the constellation of Sagittarius. Pioneer 11 may pass near one of the stars in the constellation in about 4 million years.

Voyager 1 is escaping the solar system at a speed of about 3.5 AU per year, 35 degrees out of the ecliptic plane to the north, in the general direction of the Solar Apex (the direction of the Sun's motion relative to nearby stars). Voyager 1 will leave the solar system aiming toward the constellation Ophiuchus. In the year 40,272 AD, Voyager 1 will come within 1.7 light years of an obscure star in the constellation Ursa Minor (the Little Bear or Little Dipper) called AC+79 3888.

Voyager 2 is also escaping the solar system at a speed of about 3.1 AU per year, 48 degrees out of the ecliptic plane to the south toward the constellations of Sagitarrius and Pavo. In about 40,000 years, Voyager 2 will come within about 1.7 light years of a star called Ross 248, a small star in the constellation of Andromeda.

Now given the distances and sheer number of stars the odds of any of these spacecraft bumping into any aliens is statistically impossible because the next star is probably the same distance away as it was from earth. I don't think you have any grasp of the size of the universe Leggo, it is not just around the corner, the distance between stars is so vast it is very hard to comprehend. Then factor in that only a tiny amount of star systems are capable of sustaining life it is not had to see that the statistical impossibility of aliens bumping into us.

The laws of physics are constant throughout the universe. The spectrum is constant throughout the universe. Any developing civilisation would have used the spectrum in a very similar way to use, the development of radio, microwave, infrared, lasers etc. Why haven't we heard any radio signals at all, if there are thousands of alien species that have been around for millions and millions of years we should have heard something by now. If they can visit us then we should be able to pick up their TV and radio signals by now.
KeithTas

Postby Lexi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 am

OMG! I can't stand people who believe in all this shite! Like people who believe in some sort of God? I'm sorry to be rude, but, I only believe in reality, I'm a realist! What YOU see is real! What you imagine is NOT! IMO! What you 'want' to be true? and what is actually true? are so very different things! Cookoo! imo! :off head:
Lexi

Postby 3rdLeg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am

KeithTas wrote:
3rdLeg wrote:

Here's some perspective Leggo, from NASA's website

Question: What is the "direction" (constellation and/or star) both VOYAGER 1 & 2 and the Pioneers are "aimed" for, at present.

Answer: Pioneer 10 is headed towards the constellation of Taurus (The Bull). It will take Pioneer over 2 million years to pass by one of the stars in the constellation.

Pioneer 11 is headed toward the constellation of Aquila (The Eagle), Northwest of the constellation of Sagittarius. Pioneer 11 may pass near one of the stars in the constellation in about 4 million years.

Voyager 1 is escaping the solar system at a speed of about 3.5 AU per year, 35 degrees out of the ecliptic plane to the north, in the general direction of the Solar Apex (the direction of the Sun's motion relative to nearby stars). Voyager 1 will leave the solar system aiming toward the constellation Ophiuchus. In the year 40,272 AD, Voyager 1 will come within 1.7 light years of an obscure star in the constellation Ursa Minor (the Little Bear or Little Dipper) called AC+79 3888.

Voyager 2 is also escaping the solar system at a speed of about 3.1 AU per year, 48 degrees out of the ecliptic plane to the south toward the constellations of Sagitarrius and Pavo. In about 40,000 years, Voyager 2 will come within about 1.7 light years of a star called Ross 248, a small star in the constellation of Andromeda.

Now given the distances and sheer number of stars the odds of any of these spacecraft bumping into any aliens is statistically impossible because the next star is probably the same distance away as it was from earth. I don't think you have any grasp of the size of the universe Leggo, it is not just around the corner, the distance between stars is so vast it is very hard to comprehend. Then factor in that only a tiny amount of star systems are capable of sustaining life it is not had to see that the statistical impossibility of aliens bumping into us.

The laws of physics are constant throughout the universe. The spectrum is constant throughout the universe. Any developing civilisation would have used the spectrum in a very similar way to use, the development of radio, microwave, infrared, lasers etc. Why haven't we heard any radio signals at all, if there are thousands of alien species that have been around for millions and millions of years we should have heard something by now. If they can visit us then we should be able to pick up their TV and radio signals by now.

DOH !!! no, Blackholes defy/break our laws of known physics and scientists don't know why.

Once again Keitho shows ignorance. He compares any possible intelligent life in the uniniverse with what WE can do. If WE can't THEY can't. C'mon Keitho. I am fully aware of the vastness of space for you to state otherwise is just cheap.

Sure, providing they are sending in TV or Radio. We have only been scanning our part of the galaxy, say 100 LY's across, and scanning up as far/near as the frequency of Hydrogen. I read something that describes our way of searching and why will not pick ET up dialing.

A man is walking along at night and he drops his keys, He starts looking next to a lampost, a man says why are you looking there, the guys who lost his keys say, well that is where the light is, there is no light over there, therefore i will look over here. We look at hydrogen frequencies but Scientists don't believe ET would be transmitting in Hydrogen. Maybe they use laser technology, we have only just started scanning other frequencies and reason why we need to look at the broadband spectrum.

Kaku gives a great analogy on how ET could be sending and why we dont pick anythign up.

You take a signal and chop it up, and it reassembles at the other end, just the same way as a data packet, IP, Header, CRC, src, dest and content. There is a very good reason to do it this way, too much stuff in the way. So, if we were pickign up just a fraction of a fragmented "packet" we would get nonsence, rubbish and it would be discarded as space noise. So, it is theorised that they don't transmit on 1, 2 3 or even 50 frequencies but along the entire spectrum so that a passign star or what ever will not interupt the entire message/signal. In other words, we could be in the middle of an intergalactive converstation and we wouldn't even know.
3rdLeg

Postby 3rdLeg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 am

3rdLeg wrote:More points to the fact that they are real than visa versa.

There is enough evidence of aerial phenonema that science should investigate, not all is swamp gas and flares etc. Unfortunately the giggle factor gets in the way, many won't touch it, not becuase it may or may not produce anythign but by peer pressure, alienated from publishing ( no pun intended ) and loss of funding. These do and have occured.

Keitho will no doubt mention the evidence, ie: as in video and stills. Always blury etc. Anyone see the footage of the numbnut that jumped out of the capsule to free fall to earth yesterday? Crickey, that was some really shitty footage of him falling, grainy and blury, Keitho, don't you think with all the modern digital tech today we should of got a crystal clear image? I mean the camera tech far exceeds what the average wackjob on the street carries no? Would love to hear your reason for the shitty quality.

So, wondering still how Keitho explains the film quality and the shakiness of the view. After all, they knew exactly where he was going to be, the best digital camera tech money can buy.... Endulge me Keitho.

Though i believe you deliberately missed this one on purpose.
3rdLeg

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs