Monsanto's Nr 1 Supporter, CannyDC

Re: Monsanto's Nr 1 Supporter, CannyDC

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) --
It was a landmark verdict in the case against Monsanto on Friday. A jury awarded a former Benicia School District groundskeeper with terminal cancer $289.2 million dollars.

Dewayne Lee Johnson's attorneys says that $289 million verdict means he will be able to afford some cutting edge treatments.

This is a day they did not expect him to survive to see.

The jury deliberated for two and a half days after eight weeks of trial proceedings.

You could see Mr. Johnson overcome with emotion as the verdict was read, the jury finding that weed killers manufactured by Monsanto, Roundup and Ranger Pro, were substantial factors in causing harm to him.

https://abc7news.com/society/verdict-re ... o/3925454/

GMOs are going to change the world.

The problem I find with this is it has been decided by lay people and not experts.
Not one expert on that jury and the sum of money is ludicrous.

Constitution stipulates a jury of ones peers. Saying that, if you are a homless gangsta then a jury of laymen is not peerage.

Lawers and corporations are not tried before peers. They are put on trial before a jury of laymen and women. Who have not the accumen nessesary to comprihend criminal intent or negligence.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Cannydc wrote:There is no god.

Science is the ONLY answer.

You pray to your god, whilst others feed the planet for you....

There is a diference between god and God! gods are the inherent govonors of Earth, appointed by the Earth :thumbsup:

Some men and women are more than. History is inundated with a great many acomplishments beyond common reasoning!

DC for instance is indicative of the first! The divine creator, or God if that is the term you prefer?

Science indicates our brain function is a result of electrical impulses. The exosphere is a highly charged elctro magnetic fields.

Are you trying to use science to invalidate Earths intellect? There are so many inconsistencies in our language. But one thing remains certain. Our ancestors with a cranial capacity of 1500 cubic centimetres where far more inteligent than we are today with a 1300 cubic centimetre capacity. The Bible is literal! Our ancestor understood domesticity reduces intelect so provided clear concise instruction. Only problem is the minipulation of language.

We live within a plasm universe.

Don't let dogma dictate your opinion Canny, your better than that ;)

It was Paul Dirac who stated the language of God is math. How is it the greatest minds and most renowned of peoples throughout human history had and have a knowing of divine influence that has been shown time and time again to be accurate and true?

I am not superstitious in the slightest nor am I religious beyond consistent routine (still trying to fix that). I give thanks for a meal and apologise for my ignorance, that is the extent of my prayer. Regardless of what kind of day I have, or how I feel. I ask nothing of God, nor do I expect anything from God! The people of the states on the other hand is a compleatly different story. Heavens estate I have no expectations from.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:26 pm

LordRaven wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:If you are going to use my name in vain, at least get the facts straight.

I detest Monsanto.

I fully support genetic modification, both to strengthen and increase plant yields, as well as in the field of human diseases.

FYI, my son is currently working on discovering exactly how a plant's reaction to an aphid landing on it is triggered. It has been measured by introducing flourescing jellyfish genes into the plant, making a plant's defensive reaction visible under a £1m microscope... Find the way the plant does it, and introduce the reactive gene into plants plagued by aphids.... Save a million lives from mysery, hunger, starvation - then have to listen to the whining of those who have not a care for those poor people but have found their very own soapbox to campaign on...

I agree with your thoughts on this, the number of hectares of arable lend needed to feed the world's population is under pressure, I am therefore all for GM foods and vertical gardening in cities.

What a load of tosh!

I baught a 5K packet of rice (the one where they provide another for a family), upon opening the pack I noticed about one in five grains are discoloured and one in ten are yellow :grrrrr: Only old rice is yellow! I baught a 20K packet of rice twenty years ago. I had it for 15 years and the rice was not as discolourd as the one in five grains.

When the fuck are you people going to get it through your thick sculls! Everything your civilisation dose to improve the environment backfires! For billions of years the cycles have generated speacies. The humble tomato requires a higher carbonated environment than the world has today!

Then we have the cane bettle introduce to kill of the cane weevil. Beetle lives high on the plant, weevil on the ground. Then they decide to introduce the cane taod to eat the cane beetle, toad lives on the ground!

Grow trees to fertalise soil what is so hard about that? I can seed you Ash, Rowan, common Maple and Hawthorn seeds! Or willow cuttings and Ash saplings.

The Biblical instruction is. Sow your fields, don't harvest for seven years and burn crop in 6th year! Don't harvest to the edges of your land!

Can you think of any reason why our ancestors would leave us instruction like that?
The answers are easy with a bit of consideration!

I would in other circumstances ask forgivness in intial tirade of verbal abuse. But not in this instance!

Fn gentic minipulation is like a blunderbus fireing enzymes into another organisms enzymes in the hope the new information sticks! And not just any infomation. There are organisms we are incapable of digesting and cause major problems to the enviroment. Soya farmers are lossing half their crops within Turtle Island due to GM soy! The fertility of the soil is deminished. Corn which has been altered for 30 years there abouts, is even more water intensive than non GM.

Stop your war against God!

We are long past the time where survival dictates we harness resourses with impunity. Why do you think the the "land" Gods footstool kicked the Jews out of Judea?

Seriously, you have brains start using them please!

As for food, animals consume 90% of all food produced. I baught a bag of wheat years ago for bovine consumption! Cows eat grass! We eat grain! The only reason the grain is clasified as unfit for human consumption is because the higher protine content isn't sutable for bread making. Add to that the higher calories cows consume increases fat content in the meat.

I see fat people buy skimmed milk and diet drinks. But have highly refined carbo products in their trollies. Sweets and biscuits, it is no longer funny! It is dangerous how ignorant people are now. They don't walk, can't run or play with children as children. They have no strength or power. And if the shit really did hit the fan they would be the first to complain and do nothing.

I am going to plant wheat to the edges of my garden. When it is cut as my naibour dose every year. I will sue for damages! (still in the consideration phase) been trying to cultivate a small area for the past 4 years to no avail? Probably not digging deep enough. Though I only have two foot before hitting electric cable, due to grass being cut and nutrients never being returned to the soil. The side walk on the edge of gardens has dropped into the gardens up and down the entire street! Not in my my garden! Infact I have raised the level of the side walk!

Absolute balderdash! I have never ever encountered such codswallop in my life.

Please have a read and educate yourself Art...

World Population, Agriculture, and Malnutrition
Increases in food production, per hectare of land, have not kept pace with increases in population, and the planet has virtually no more arable land or fresh water to spare. As a result, per-capita cropland has fallen by more than half since 1960, and per-capita production of grains, the basic food, has been falling worldwide for 20 years.
Entering the new millennium, stark contrasts are apparent between the availability of natural resources and the demands of billions of humans who require them for their survival. According to the Population Reference Bureau, each day almost a quarter-million people are added to the roughly 6.4 billion who already exist. Yet the stocks of natural resources that support human life-food, fresh water, quality soil, energy, and biodiversity-are being polluted, degraded, and depleted.
Global population has doubled during the last 45 years. If the present growth rate of 1.3 percent per year persists, the population will double again within a mere 50 years. Growth rates vary from one country or region to another. For example, China's present population of 1.4 billion, despite the governmental policy of permitting only one child per couple, is still growing at an annual rate of 0.6 percent. Although China recognizes its serious overpopulation problem and recently passed legislation strengthening the policy, its young age structure means that the number of Chinese will continue to increase for another 50 years. India, with nearly 1.1 billion people (living on approximately one-third the land of either of the United States or China), has a current population growth rate of 1.7 percent per year. This translates to a doubling time of 41 years. Taken together, the populations of China and India constitute more than one-third of the total world population. In Africa, despite the AIDS epidemic, the populations of most countries also are expanding. The populations of Chad and Ethiopia, for example, are projected to double in 21 and 23 years, respectively.
But the problem is hardly confined to the developing world. The U.S. population-among the most heavily consuming in the world-is growing rapidly. Now standing at nearly 300 million, it has doubled during the past 60 years. The U.S. Bureau of the Census reported in 2003 that sustaining the current growth rate of about 1.1 percent per year will double the population to 600 million in less than 70 years.
Current United Nations estimates of population stabilization at about 9 billion people by 2050 are questionable, mainly because of the very young age structure of the current world population and the momentum it fosters. A large share of the population is concentrated within the 15-to-40 range, where reproductive rates are high. Even if all the people in the world adopted a policy of only two children per couple, it would take approximately 70 years before the world population would finally stabilize at about 12 billion, twice the current level.

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/554

I reached crop land reduction and that was enough! The world produces enough food to feed 60 billon people! Since farmer post war subsidies have been slashed farmers sold their land for housing states. The lack of comprihensive land managment in building these eye sores. Has disrupted the water table! I had a burn at the back of my garden till a new build at the top of the hill was compleated.

Spend time studying the land and it's conturs, then get back to me with someone elses opinion. Rain fall in the Amazon basin has fallen due to european farming methods, the same happened within the Sahal. Destroy the land it will spit you out! 1920s America ring a bell?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Add to that boring for water disrupting ancient underground water resivours. Dail the land is watered with dew. It is enough for forest to regenerate. But with all our science and technology we can hardly maintain a field of corn.

Have you seen the fisures open up in New Mexico, and Nevada due to over consumption of ancient underground water ways. Or the destruction of Mexicos swamps due to the Hover dam, and the diversion of the Colorado river?

Land managment ignoring indigionus peoples reasoning has caused massive destruction to the enviroment and impoverishing a great many peoples across the planet.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:38 pm

And now with water intensive fracking the problems show in months, not years or decades.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:43 pm

You are the problem, because you think your mind is your own. Making purchases triggered by adverts and marketing campaigns. And a selfish desire to consume things we have no need of. And yes I am part of the problem. Talking about what everybody else dose while remaining wilfully ignorant of your own impact, ain't going to solve the problems we face as a species.

ach, wrote acestoral instead of ancient somewhere above.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm

LordRaven wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:If you are going to use my name in vain, at least get the facts straight.

I detest Monsanto.

I fully support genetic modification, both to strengthen and increase plant yields, as well as in the field of human diseases.

FYI, my son is currently working on discovering exactly how a plant's reaction to an aphid landing on it is triggered. It has been measured by introducing flourescing jellyfish genes into the plant, making a plant's defensive reaction visible under a £1m microscope... Find the way the plant does it, and introduce the reactive gene into plants plagued by aphids.... Save a million lives from mysery, hunger, starvation - then have to listen to the whining of those who have not a care for those poor people but have found their very own soapbox to campaign on...

I agree with your thoughts on this, the number of hectares of arable lend needed to feed the world's population is under pressure, I am therefore all for GM foods and vertical gardening in cities.

What a load of tosh!

I baught a 5K packet of rice (the one where they provide another for a family), upon opening the pack I noticed about one in five grains are discoloured and one in ten are yellow :grrrrr: Only old rice is yellow! I baught a 20K packet of rice twenty years ago. I had it for 15 years and the rice was not as discolourd as the one in five grains.

When the fuck are you people going to get it through your thick sculls! Everything your civilisation dose to improve the environment backfires! For billions of years the cycles have generated speacies. The humble tomato requires a higher carbonated environment than the world has today!

Then we have the cane bettle introduce to kill of the cane weevil. Beetle lives high on the plant, weevil on the ground. Then they decide to introduce the cane taod to eat the cane beetle, toad lives on the ground!

Grow trees to fertalise soil what is so hard about that? I can seed you Ash, Rowan, common Maple and Hawthorn seeds! Or willow cuttings and Ash saplings.

The Biblical instruction is. Sow your fields, don't harvest for seven years and burn crop in 6th year! Don't harvest to the edges of your land!

Can you think of any reason why our ancestors would leave us instruction like that?
The answers are easy with a bit of consideration!

I would in other circumstances ask forgivness in intial tirade of verbal abuse. But not in this instance!

Fn gentic minipulation is like a blunderbus fireing enzymes into another organisms enzymes in the hope the new information sticks! And not just any infomation. There are organisms we are incapable of digesting and cause major problems to the enviroment. Soya farmers are lossing half their crops within Turtle Island due to GM soy! The fertility of the soil is deminished. Corn which has been altered for 30 years there abouts, is even more water intensive than non GM.

Stop your war against God!

We are long past the time where survival dictates we harness resourses with impunity. Why do you think the the "land" Gods footstool kicked the Jews out of Judea?

Seriously, you have brains start using them please!

As for food, animals consume 90% of all food produced. I baught a bag of wheat years ago for bovine consumption! Cows eat grass! We eat grain! The only reason the grain is clasified as unfit for human consumption is because the higher protine content isn't sutable for bread making. Add to that the higher calories cows consume increases fat content in the meat.

I see fat people buy skimmed milk and diet drinks. But have highly refined carbo products in their trollies. Sweets and biscuits, it is no longer funny! It is dangerous how ignorant people are now. They don't walk, can't run or play with children as children. They have no strength or power. And if the shit really did hit the fan they would be the first to complain and do nothing.

I am going to plant wheat to the edges of my garden. When it is cut as my naibour dose every year. I will sue for damages! (still in the consideration phase) been trying to cultivate a small area for the past 4 years to no avail? Probably not digging deep enough. Though I only have two foot before hitting electric cable, due to grass being cut and nutrients never being returned to the soil. The side walk on the edge of gardens has dropped into the gardens up and down the entire street! Not in my my garden! Infact I have raised the level of the side walk!

Absolute balderdash! I have never ever encountered such codswallop in my life.

Please have a read and educate yourself Art...

World Population, Agriculture, and Malnutrition
Increases in food production, per hectare of land, have not kept pace with increases in population, and the planet has virtually no more arable land or fresh water to spare. As a result, per-capita cropland has fallen by more than half since 1960, and per-capita production of grains, the basic food, has been falling worldwide for 20 years.
Entering the new millennium, stark contrasts are apparent between the availability of natural resources and the demands of billions of humans who require them for their survival. According to the Population Reference Bureau, each day almost a quarter-million people are added to the roughly 6.4 billion who already exist. Yet the stocks of natural resources that support human life-food, fresh water, quality soil, energy, and biodiversity-are being polluted, degraded, and depleted.
Global population has doubled during the last 45 years. If the present growth rate of 1.3 percent per year persists, the population will double again within a mere 50 years. Growth rates vary from one country or region to another. For example, China's present population of 1.4 billion, despite the governmental policy of permitting only one child per couple, is still growing at an annual rate of 0.6 percent. Although China recognizes its serious overpopulation problem and recently passed legislation strengthening the policy, its young age structure means that the number of Chinese will continue to increase for another 50 years. India, with nearly 1.1 billion people (living on approximately one-third the land of either of the United States or China), has a current population growth rate of 1.7 percent per year. This translates to a doubling time of 41 years. Taken together, the populations of China and India constitute more than one-third of the total world population. In Africa, despite the AIDS epidemic, the populations of most countries also are expanding. The populations of Chad and Ethiopia, for example, are projected to double in 21 and 23 years, respectively.
But the problem is hardly confined to the developing world. The U.S. population-among the most heavily consuming in the world-is growing rapidly. Now standing at nearly 300 million, it has doubled during the past 60 years. The U.S. Bureau of the Census reported in 2003 that sustaining the current growth rate of about 1.1 percent per year will double the population to 600 million in less than 70 years.
Current United Nations estimates of population stabilization at about 9 billion people by 2050 are questionable, mainly because of the very young age structure of the current world population and the momentum it fosters. A large share of the population is concentrated within the 15-to-40 range, where reproductive rates are high. Even if all the people in the world adopted a policy of only two children per couple, it would take approximately 70 years before the world population would finally stabilize at about 12 billion, twice the current level.

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/554

You kidding me with that trip! There is more accurate information on wikipedia than that! One child policy was abandoned last decade! And Indias population is higher than Chinas. :yikes: that report is dated the 8th of this month? I highly doubt that report has been peer reviewed by compitent scientists! But I can't be arsed investigating to find out if I am correct. Do a bit of reserch LR, then drop a few names that I may further investigate ;)
art0hur0moh

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:50 pm

rollup wrote:
Maddog wrote:Why the obsession with Monsanto, when there are many other companies as large or larger doing the same stuff?

Monsanto have made them selves cheerleaders for the industry and Monsanto want to and probably will own nearly all genetic information before long.
You really are this stupid it's not an act.

So tell us then rollup, if england turns to shit after brexit and the shelves are empty and the crops fail. Will you be willing to let your grand children eat GM food sent by say America?
Or will your strong principles America to stick their mutated food!
You're the fucking idiot here on this board (to be fair you're not alone)

Postby Cannydc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Guest wrote:
rollup wrote:
Maddog wrote:Why the obsession with Monsanto, when there are many other companies as large or larger doing the same stuff?

Monsanto have made them selves cheerleaders for the industry and Monsanto want to and probably will own nearly all genetic information before long.

So tell us then rollup, if england turns to shit after brexit and the shelves are empty and the crops fail. Will you be willing to let your grand children eat GM food sent by say America?

You think there will be a choice ?

It won't be labelled as GM, US manufacturers will ensure that as part of our new trade agreement.
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:37 pm

The guest posts with the bold headlines on page 2 were me when I was going through one of my banned phases. :artist:

I stand by by condemnation of Monsanto and GM crops. It's crippling India and many farmers are committing suicide as the cost of buying seed every year is ruining them. For thousands of years cross breeding was done naturally, not by using frankenstein methods of using genes from something entirely different to create money making crops. Seed was saved for the following year. It worked and led to sustainable farming, now farming is wholly dependant on giant chemical corporations rather than skill and the land.

This ruling, like many have said, will be dragged out until his death but it may open the door to more claims and some degree of rejection of agri chems business models.

That is spraying whole crops with glyphosate because they bred a resistant strain for crops. :kinell:

Ask many an American farmer about how that has worked out for them...
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Global Population Falling As Human Fertility Declines Published on July 11, 2016

Global human population is on the decline. The fertility of half of the world’s population is already below the replacement ratio, according to a new study from the University of Oxford. The latest facts run counter to the traditional story of an out of control soaring world population.

In a comprehensive data study entitled ‘Fertility’ found in full at OurWorldInData.org researcher Max Roser reports, “The decline of fertility is one of the most fundamental social changes that happened in human history.” He adds, “The richer the people, the lower the fertility.”

Below are selected extracts:

https://principia-scientific.org/global ... -declines/
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Guest wrote:
rollup wrote:

Plenty of wholesome good non GMO foodstuff from eastern Europe, if only we didn't have a government in thrall to the US and who follow their ridiculous sanctions behaviour.

Maybe being a member of the EU has a lot to do with who we are allowed to get food from...or not as the case may be...
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
rollup wrote:

You think there will be a choice ?

It won't be labelled as GM, US manufacturers will ensure that as part of our new trade agreement.

Why are you pushing the US as an alternative? We should follow their lead and sanction them.

Nothing good came out of the place so best avoid them.
Fletch

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:
rollup wrote:

Plenty of wholesome good non GMO foodstuff from eastern Europe, if only we didn't have a government in thrall to the US and who follow their ridiculous sanctions behaviour.

Maybe being a member of the EU has a lot to do with who we are allowed to get food from...or not as the case may be...

This CORPORATION is responsible for what happened in Zimbabwe. And Somalia, and every where else
http://www.fao.org/fao-who-codexalimentarius/en/

https://youtube.com/watch?v=spoucYXa3-A
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Not forgetting the IMF and World Bank
art0hur0moh

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs