Wonderful things happening after the referendum and A50

Big Threads

Re: Wonderful things happening after the referendum and A50

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 am

Guest wrote:
malamute wrote:Had a massive cheque in post for sale of my Mums house which I dealt with and got her £25,000 MORE than the estate agent valued it at.

:more beer: great news. Although i dont think good news is welcome in this terminal remoanergloomfest.

Shame she will have to give over most to the HMRC for Capital Gains Tax

Postby malamute » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
malamute wrote:Had a massive cheque in post for sale of my Mums house which I dealt with and got her £25,000 MORE than the estate agent valued it at.

:more beer: great news. Although i dont think good news is welcome in this terminal remoanergloomfest.

Shame she will have to give over most to the HMRC for Capital Gains Tax

Why do you think that? She won't pay any CGT. Sorry to disappoint! :bum:
malamute

Postby malamute » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Guest wrote:

Thanks. This is a "wonderful news" thread so as soon as the usual old doom mongers avatars pop up I dont even glance at them. :canny: Because I don't want to read their boring old Shite. I wish they would start their own boring old farts thread. :pmsl:

I replied to Guest as I don't know who they are and just to put him/her right.
malamute

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 pm

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Please......no more........I ache all over.

But at least when I sold my house I had the sense to not hire the agent who deliberately undervalued it by £20k to get a quick sale :gigglesnshit:
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Meanwhile, back on subject...

This was Michel Barnier's moment of revenge. A time to set the record straight.

“I said last week that I wanted to identify the points where we agree and the points where we disagree,” the EU’s negotiator continued. “This was possible this week for the issues on which there was a clear British position.” A half-smile crossed his face. This was his little joke. Because it soon became clear there were almost no issues on which he thought Britain had a clear position.

Still, he was a fair man and it was best to start with the positives. Such as they were. Britain had at least set out a few guidelines on the rights of EU citizens, though none that were in any way acceptable. There were “fundamental divergences”, especially in relation to the European court of justice. As for the financial settlement and Ireland, the situation was just a mess.

“A clarification of the UK position is essential, if we are to have any progress,” Barnier said. “As soon as the UK is ready to clarify its position, we will be prepared to have these discussions. This week’s negotiations have shown we make better progress when our respective positions are clear.” In other words, next time you come, do at least make an effort to have done a bit of homework beforehand because I could do without having my time wasted.

Barnier had spoken half in English and half in French and Davis had spent most of the time staring at the floor with his finger in his ear.

“Overall, I am encouraged by the progress we have made,” Davis began. Barnier appeared genuinely astonished by this. Either his opposite number hadn’t been paying attention or his advisers had been deliberately misinforming him.

Davis blundered on. “We have conducted this round constructively and at pace, and I hope this is a model we can continue going forward,” he said. At pace as in snail’s pace. “I came here saying that it was important that we now made progress. And this week, I think we have done just that.”

This wasn’t just news to Barnier. It was also news to everyone else in the room.

All goes according to plan then. Lull Johnnie Foreigner into believing we are completely inept, utterly unprepared for these hugely important negotiations.....then, BOOM!!... completely fuck them up, slink off with a rotten 'deal' (a la Cameron, pre-referendum) and claim complete victory while naturally denying the UK electorate the chance to reject the 'deal' out of hand.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-brussels
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Tl;dr. :bored:

Brexit :more beer:

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Guest wrote:Tl;dr. :bored:

Tl;dr

Also known as ADHD.

:whistle:
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:32 am

Cannydc wrote:

Tl;dr

Also known as ADHD.

You spending another full day remoaning in your obscure remoaner echochamber today? :cuppaT:

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 am

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Tl;dr

Also known as ADHD.

You spending another full day remoaning in your obscure remoaner echochamber today? :cuppaT:

So what 6 valid reasons are there for leaving the EU?

Postby Cannydc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Tl;dr

Also known as ADHD.

No need. The facts speak for themselves. The situation we are in gets grimmer by the day. And no amount of faux optimism will obscure it.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Tl;dr

Also known as ADHD.

No need. The facts speak for themselves. The situation we are in gets grimmer by the day. And no amount of faux optimism will obscure it.

So thats a yes then :pmsl:

Postby Cannydc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Tl;dr

Also known as ADHD.

So thats a yes then :pmsl:

If that's what you need to believe, be my guest, guest.

After all, we all know what you are up to this weekend....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... th-the-men
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:14 am

Theresa May’s Brexit strategy has been thrown into new doubt as a former head of the government’s legal services ridicules the prime minister’s claim that the UK can break free of all European laws while continuing to reap the economic benefits of the EU’s single market.

Sir Paul Jenkins, who was the government’s most senior legal official for eight years until 2014, told the Observer that the prime minister’s policy on the legal implications of Brexit was “foolish”. He insisted that if the UK wants to retain close links with the single market and customs union it will have no option but to observe EU law “in all but name”.

The comments – backed by several other leading experts on EU law – cast serious doubt on the central plank of the government’s latest thinking on Brexit, with less than two weeks to go before Brexit secretary David Davis enters a crucial phase of talks on the exit plans in Brussels.

I'm sure 'Guest' has (another) diversion to act as an (another) excuse for this shambles though.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:22 am

Meanwhile, the Tories have set out their number one priority for Brexit....

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg told the Daily Mail: "I think Big Ben ought to be kept striking as much as possible during the repairs as long as it doesn't deafen the work force. It would be symbolically uplifting for it to sound out our departure from the EU as a literally ringing endorsement of democracy."

Party colleague Peter Bone said: "Big Ben should bong when we come out of the EU, absolutely. We are being liberated from the European Union superstate and Britain will again be a completely self-governing country. Where will the eyes of the world be? On Parliament and Big Ben. It would be very strange if at midnight on that day it does not chime out, very bizarre. It is the heart of our nation."

And fellow Tory Andrew Bridgen added: "It would be very fitting if Big Ben was to chime us out of the EU. We need to go out with a boom as we regain a sovereign parliament once again."

Dear God - is this the level they have sunk to ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 01551.html
Cannydc

Postby Clive Dunn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Lengthy but worth a read

http://jackofkent.com/2017/08/brexit-an ... embargoes/

Once again the Tories are like the Home Guard.

Don't panic. :gigglesnshit:
Clive Dunn

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive