Wonderful things happening after the referendum and A50

Big Threads

Re: Wonderful things happening after the referendum and A50

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:It was in the small print Az, under the front wheel.

No kids in the UK have been named Nigel in the last year, what a legacy.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:Ho, ho, ho.

That sort of thing just triggers them, I'm just going to stick to the politics of the issue rather than resort to the derision that has been aimed at people like me for the last few months :smilin:

I'm considerably cheaper than thou - derision does me fine.

Ha, ha, ha.

I can't do it, I feel that it's going to be more helpful to talk truth and sense rather than take the piss.

The EUref turned tribal, we should work together for reform rather than legging it and calling the other side traitors.

Of course we should - but relish this glimmer of light, and allow yourself a restrained titter. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:36 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:Ho, ho, ho.

That sort of thing just triggers them, I'm just going to stick to the politics of the issue rather than resort to the derision that has been aimed at people like me for the last few months :smilin:

I'm considerably cheaper than thou - derision does me fine.

Ha, ha, ha.

I can't do it, I feel that it's going to be more helpful to talk truth and sense rather than take the piss.

The EUref turned tribal, we should work together for reform rather than legging it and calling the other side traitors.

Of course we should - but relish this glimmer of light, and allow yourself a restrained titter. :gigglesnshit:

I listened to Trezzer's talk and was actually depressed by it, in a way I'm disappointed that it will end with a whimper rather than a bang. For such a show of force and resolve, it turns out to have the influence of a fart in a hurricane. In a way it makes me wonder about public opinion versus representative democracy, we need to seriously consider our candidates and their motives and demand electoral reform now!

Spoiler: show
:gigglesnshit:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 pm

I once believed in a science-fiction system of democracy - everyone having a live vote on all issues. But I've grown up now having seen the fickleness of public opinion and how easily it can be manipulated by the wealthy and the unscrupulous. Sadly perfection is not possible so I'm prepared to settle for a representative system. Corbyn has done much to re-energize younger folks (or at least is credited with doing so) which has given me some hope that perhaps the political handcart is not inevitably bound for hell.
McAz

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 pm

lets hope he doesn't have an unforeseen heart attack
or fall of a mountain whilst out walking
Big Fat Frosty

Postby McAz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:lets hope he doesn't have an unforeseen heart attack

It'll just be coincidence if he does - honest.
McAz

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:55 pm

McAz wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:lets hope he doesn't have an unforeseen heart attack

It'll just be coincidence if he does - honest.

the oak tree and penknife
good name for a boozer
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Britain’s credit rating has been slashed again over fears Brexit could harm the country’s economic growth.

Moody’s, one of the UK’s top ratings agencies, downgraded the country to an Aa2 from an Aa1 rating earlier this week.

The firm claimed plans to leave the EU had sparked economic certainty at a time when the Government’s debt reduction plans appeared to have run off course....

Remember when we were AAA ?
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:Britain’s credit rating has been slashed again over fears Brexit could harm the country’s economic growth.

Moody’s, one of the UK’s top ratings agencies, downgraded the country to an Aa2 from an Aa1 rating earlier this week.

The firm claimed plans to leave the EU had sparked economic certainty at a time when the Government’s debt reduction plans appeared to have run off course....

I remember.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:40 am

Cannydc wrote:Britain’s credit rating has been slashed again over fears Brexit could harm the country’s economic growth.

Lol. Remoaners. :cuppaT:

Postby Keyser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Guest wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have yet to see a convincing list of the benefits of leaving the EU.

I respect the will of the people but many were fooled so very easily.

I also suspect if another referendum was called the result would be a very firm Remain.

Seeing Strong and Stable and Bonkers Boris floundering about recently has been rather embarrassing - we did once run the world after all.
Keyser

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have yet to see a convincing list of the benefits of leaving the EU.

I also suspect if another referendum was called the result would be a very firm Remain.

Seeing Strong and Stable and Bonkers Boris floundering about recently has been rather embarrassing - we did once run the world after all.

We were recently the fourth biggest economy, busted flush now... :shame:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lol remoaners :cuppaT:

That seems to be the intellectual limit in reply.
Is it only guests that are for Brexit?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Keyser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lol remoaners :cuppaT:

That seems to be the intellectual limit in reply.
Is it only guests that are for Brexit?

There are several here but many seem to be fairly quiet at the moment.

As for a good re-moaning it always gives me structure to an evening! :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Cannydc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 am

We're on our own.....we're on our own.... :gigglesnshit:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/09/25/mi ... -believed/
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive