Will shy le pen supporters carry her over the line?

Re: Will shy le pen supporters carry her over the line?

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

Frankly wrote:
Viper wrote:
Guest wrote:Some French polls had her at over 40% and she polled 21.4% :gigglesnshit:

How did the lefties do? :gigglesnshit:

23.8%. Not such a wide margin is it?

Even the former leftie who has campaigned on centrist ticket.

Lefties are out. As they are in most recent votes. Either candidate seems good to me but i fear ON BALANCE France needs Le Pen just now.
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Pyrrhic victory isn't quite the correct term - but let's say she has actually won nowt yet.... and won't win anything in 2 weeks either.

A decent candidate will win.
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Viper wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Viper wrote:
Guest wrote:Some French polls had her at over 40% and she polled 21.4% :gigglesnshit:

Lefties are out. As they are in most recent votes. Either candidate seems good to me but i fear ON BALANCE France needs Le Pen just now.

Surely you cant support this - even ON BALANCE? :shake head:

French Jews will have to renounce their Israeli citizenship if Marine Le Pen is elected as president

Last week she said French Jews should stop wearing yarmulkes in public

Le Pen's father and former leader of the Front National, Jean-Marie Le Pen, was last year fined £24,000 after claiming gas chambers used in World War Two were a 'detail' of history.

Le Pen's party is widely considered to be anti-Semitic among the country's Jewish population.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4211324/Le-Pen-French-Jews-renounce-Israeli-citizenship.html
McAz

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Viper wrote:

Surely you cant support this - even ON BALANCE? :shake head:

French Jews will have to renounce their Israeli citizenship if Marine Le Pen is elected as president

Le Pen's father and former leader of the Front National, Jean-Marie Le Pen, was last year fined £24,000 after claiming gas chambers used in World War Two were a 'detail' of history.

Le Pen's party is widely considered to be anti-Semitic among the country's Jewish population.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4211324/Le-Pen-French-Jews-renounce-Israeli-citizenship.html

I condemn jean Marie le pens comments.
Viper

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:Surely you cant support this - even ON BALANCE? :shake head:

Jean-Marie Le Pen is not proposing that French Jews renounce their Israeli citizenship or cease wearing yarmulkes - why do you support these measures?
McAz

Postby Frankly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

Jean-Marie Le Pen is not proposing that French Jews renounce their Israeli citizenship or cease wearing yarmulkes - why do you support these measures?

That headline, and the points you have chosen to highlight, are misleading.
Frankly

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

Why are you rolling up the two individuals then?
Viper

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

Are they? The Mail and the Jerusalem Post are lying? Please provide the truth?
McAz

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

Ask the Mail - it's from their article.

Why do you support measures that require French Jewsto renounce their Israeli citizenship and cease wearing yarmulkes?
Last edited by McAz on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

I think you will find that jean marie le pen and marine le pen have entirely disperate views. But ofc you prefer fake newsery as per.
Viper

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Viper wrote:
Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

I think you will find that jean marie le pen and marine le pen have entirely disperate views. But ofc you prefer fake newsery as per.

You need to take up your concerns about fake news with the Mail then - it's their article not mine. :dunno:

Entirely disparate views? Does Jean-Marie oppose measures that require French Jews to renounce their Israeli citizenship and cease wearing yarmulkes then? If so, why do you support them?
McAz

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:04 pm

RUSSIAN CHIEF RABBI: FRANCE’S JEWS SHOULD LEAVE IF LE PEN WINS ELECTION

Russian Chief Rabbi Berel Lazar called on French Jews to leave their country if the far right politician Marine Le Pen is elected president next month.

CRIF umbrella group of French Jewish communities has called her and the communist candidate Jean-Luc Melenchon 'candidates of hatred.'

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Russian-chief-rabbi-Frances-Jews-should-leave-if-Le-Pen-wins-election-488687

Slightly odd since she won't be requiring French Russians to give up their citizenship of Russia.
McAz

Postby Frankly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:

Yes. They are making out that it is an attack on Jews. This is not the case. The dual passport is aimed at all non eu citizens, not just the Jewish. It is being suggested that in order to stop Islamist attacks on them, to not wear the yarmulke whilst out and about. Very similar to service personnel here not wearing their uniforms! A shame, but if it saves lives, it's all good, surely.
Frankly

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:

Yes. They are making out that it is an attack on Jews. This is not the case. The dual passport is aimed at all non eu citizens, not just the Jewish. It is being suggested that in order to stop Islamist attacks on them, to not wear the yarmulke whilst out and about. Very similar to service personnel here not wearing their uniforms! A shame, but if it saves lives, it's all good, surely.

I believe people should be free to practice their religion or lack of it without political hindrance provided it does not impinge on the freedom of others which the yarmulke does not - so not a good thing as Jews in Israel and Russia who see it as an attack have confirmed. Freedom of religion is fundamental to a free society.

And she conveniently excludes Russians (non-EU the last time I heard) from her citizenship ban - so why then does she not exclude Jews from it?
McAz

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:

I believe people should be free to practice their religion or lack of it without political hindrance provided it does not impinge on the freedom of others which the yarmulke does not - so not a good thing as Jews in Israel and Russia who see it as an attack have confirmed. Freedom of religion is fundamental to a free society.

And she conveniently excludes Russians (non-EU the last time I heard) from her citizenship ban - so why then does she not exclude Jews from it?

Do ken livingstones views and that of momentum sit well with your views?
Viper

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs