Will shy le pen supporters carry her over the line?

Re: Will shy le pen supporters carry her over the line?

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Are they? The Mail and the Jerusalem Post are lying? Please provide the truth?

Yes. They are making out that it is an attack on Jews. This is not the case. The dual passport is aimed at all non eu citizens, not just the Jewish. It is being suggested that in order to stop Islamist attacks on them, to not wear the yarmulke whilst out and about. Very similar to service personnel here not wearing their uniforms! A shame, but if it saves lives, it's all good, surely.

I believe people should be free to practice their religion or lack of it without political hindrance provided it does not impinge on the freedom of others which the yarmulke does not - so not a good thing as Jews in Israel and Russia who see it as an attack have confirmed. Freedom of religion is fundamental to a free society.

And she conveniently excludes Russians (non-EU the last time I heard) from her citizenship ban - so why then does she not exclude Jews from it?

Do ken livingstones views and that of momentum sit well with your views?

Good god, are Livingstone and Momentum calling for Jews to renounce their Israeli citizenship or cease wearing yarmulkes? :yikes:

I don't support such people, why do you?
McAz

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Aziz wrote:
Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:

Yes. They are making out that it is an attack on Jews. This is not the case. The dual passport is aimed at all non eu citizens, not just the Jewish. It is being suggested that in order to stop Islamist attacks on them, to not wear the yarmulke whilst out and about. Very similar to service personnel here not wearing their uniforms! A shame, but if it saves lives, it's all good, surely.

I believe people should be free to practice their religion or lack of it without political hindrance provided it does not impinge on the freedom of others which the yarmulke does not - so not a good thing as Jews in Israel and Russia who see it as an attack have confirmed. Freedom of religion is fundamental to a free society.

And she conveniently excludes Russians (non-EU the last time I heard) from her citizenship ban - so why then does she not exclude Jews from it?

Do ken livingstones views and that of momentum sit well with your views?

Good god, are Livingstone and Momentum calling for Jews to renounce their Israeli citizenship or cease wearing yarmulkes? :yikes:

So you support livingstones and momentums abhorent views. They dont recognise the nation state of israel do they?
Viper

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Viper wrote:
Aziz wrote:Good god, are Livingstone and Momentum calling for Jews to renounce their Israeli citizenship or cease wearing yarmulkes? :yikes:

So you support livingstones and momentums abhorent views. They dont recognise the nation state of israel do they?

Do they not? I do.

Nor do I support those who call for Jews to renounce their Israeli citizenship or cease wearing yarmulkes - why do you? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Frankly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:

They are not being stopped practicing their religion though. I'm not so sure I agree with her 'out right ban' on it, but it is at their risk to continue to wear it out and about.

The article below gives her reasons for dual citizenships, and I'm not sure on this, but don't other countries ban dual citizenship also?

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/marine ... p-1.432427
Frankly

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:

They are not being stopped practicing their religion though. I'm not so sure I agree with her 'out right ban' on it, but it is at their risk to continue to wear it out and about.

The article below gives her reasons for dual citizenships, and I'm not sure on this, but don't other countries ban dual citizenship also?

Cant see how banning the yarmulke in public helps these guys...

...they are proud of being Jewish, no wish to skulk like rats, they desire to express their culture and religion in public - as is their right.

Freedom of religion and expression I say - can't imagine why you want to ban it? :scratch:

The leader of the anti-immigration Front National said she would bar French nationals from holding the citizenship of countries outside the European Union, except for Russia, which she described as part of “the Europe of nations.”

An admirer of Vladimir Putin, Ms Le Pen said dual US nationals would also have to forgo their American citizenship, despite her support for Donald Trump and her enthusiastic backing of his executive order restricting travel to the United States from seven mainly Muslim nations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/10/french-jews-will-have-give-dual-israeli-citizenship-marine-le/

So Russians are closer to us than our American cousins or Israel? Interesting...
Last edited by McAz on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Frankly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:

Cant see how banning the yarmulke in public helps these guys...

...they like to be identified as Jewish - as is their right.

Freedom of religion and expression I say - can't imagine why you want to ban it?

The leader of the anti-immigration Front National said she would bar French nationals from holding the citizenship of countries outside the European Union, except for Russia, which she described as part of “the Europe of nations.”

An admirer of Vladimir Putin, Ms Le Pen said dual US nationals would also have to forgo their American citizenship, despite her support for Donald Trump and her enthusiastic backing of his executive order restricting travel to the United States from seven mainly Muslim nations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/10/french-jews-will-have-give-dual-israeli-citizenship-marine-le/

So Russians are closer to us than our American cousins or Jews? Interesting. :laughing:

I haven't said I want it banned! I actually said that in my previous post.
Frankly

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:Cant see how banning the yarmulke in public helps these guys...

...they are proud of being Jewish, no wish to skulk like rats, they desire to express their culture and religion in public - as is their right.

Freedom of religion and expression I say - can't imagine why you want to ban it? :scratch:

So Russians are closer to us than our American cousins or Israel? Interesting...

Then why are you defending Le Pen? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Frankly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:

I'm not. I was just pointing out the biased article you posted. I do feel though, that religion should not paramount the laws of the country they are living in.
Frankly

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Frankly wrote:

I'm not. I was just pointing out the biased article you posted. I do feel though, that religion should not paramount the laws of the country they are living in.

The Telegraph publishes biased articles? When did you first notice this?

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Frankly wrote:
Aziz wrote:Then why are you defending Le Pen? :dunno:

Oh I see - but I can't be accountable for the Mail.

I agree with you with that religion should be subordinate to secular law - but there's no reason in a free society why diversity cannot be celebrated, including in public. Once we start restricting that then we surrender to the very authoritarianism that ISIS and other extremists seek to bring about.
McAz

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:03 pm

European Jewry’s anxious wait over Le Pen’s Élysée bid

Far-right candidate Marine Le Pen is one step closer to becoming French president – to the horror of Jewish leaders

The head of French Jewry, who has called Le Pen the “candidate of hate,” spoke of “concern” that she had progressed to the last two, but of “satisfaction” that Macron had garnered more votes. He now seems the favourite to win.

European Jewish Congress head Moshe Kantor said it was “extremely regrettable that more than one in five French voters voted for Le Pen,” saying an FN victory would be “a prize for extremism and intolerance”.

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/le-pen-final-two/

How can anyone who professes to care for the rights of Jews support the "candidate of hate"? :shake head:
McAz

Postby wutang » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Aziz wrote:How can anyone who professes to care for the rights of Jews support the "candidate of hate"? :shake head:

Anyone who doesnt denounce Marine Le Pen and the Front Nationale obviously doesnt care about the rights of Jews.

Don't Front Nationale also wanna ban Kosher slaughter?
wutang

Postby wutang » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm

wutang wrote:

Even worse she wants to stop Jewish kids from being offered pork-free lunches :yikes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 40488.html

So Le Pen aims to attacks the cultural/religious dress of Jews, attack their religious/cultural diets and force them to make a choice bewteen Israel or France.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for someone who wants to force Jews out of France.... I cant believe a Far right fascist like Le Pen would do that :doomed:
wutang

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:41 pm

wutang wrote:
wutang wrote:

Even worse she wants to stop Jewish kids from being offered pork-free lunches :yikes:

So Le Pen aims to attacks the cultural/religious dress of Jews, attack their religious/cultural diets and force them to make a choice bewteen Israel or France.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for someone who wants to force Jews out of France.... I cant believe a Far right fascist like Le Pen would do that :doomed:

Pure spite on her part - there is no reason whatsoever why children who do not wish to eat pork for any reason should not be accommodated. :shake head:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Aziz wrote:
wutang wrote:
wutang wrote:

Pure spite on her part - there is no reason whatsoever why children who do not wish to eat pork for any reason should not be accommodated. :shake head:

She must hate Orthodox Christians as well as they cannot eat pork either.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs