Who will you be voting for on the 8th of June?

Which party will you vote for in the General Election?

You may select 1 option

29%
58%
8%
No votes
4%
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: Who will you be voting for on the 8th of June?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
wutang wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Don't know much about the DUP.

Links with Loyalist paramilitaries.

Extremely right wing (as in stuck in the 1960's)

Abortion is banned, same sex marriage is banned, want to rip up the Good friday agreement, etc.

The closest we have to those extreme christian nuts you find in America.

Worrying.

Surely this alliance will undermine the GFA. The government is supposed to be impartial to NI matters.

May really has fucked calling the election in her need for support for a hard Brexit.

Or was this planned all along?

The DUP want a soft Brexit from what I've read.

So do the LibDems but fuck that action again, country before party did us a shitload of harm.

Fucking over the students when they are your main electorate won't be forgotten easily.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Fucking over the students when they are your main electorate won't be forgotten easily.

We didn't introduce it and not all (including my former MP) voted for it. The coalition was formed because the country was in trouble, if we'd have gone with Labour then it would still have been a minority government as opposed to going in with the tories. The county was in the shit after the financial crisis and many of the worse austerity decisions proposed by the tories were overturned because of LibDem influence. We asked for an AV referendum as a condition (and we need a proper system for appointing MPs), got it and no-one gave a shit, even UKIP had forgotten about it with their glut of votes in 2015 that yielded one MP.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

We didn't introduce it and not all (including my former MP) voted for it. The coalition was formed because the country was in trouble, if we'd have gone with Labour then it would still have been a minority government as opposed to going in with the tories. The county was in the shit after the financial crisis and many of the worse austerity decisions proposed by the tories were overturned because of LibDem influence. We asked for an AV referendum as a condition (and we need a proper system for appointing MPs), got it and no-one gave a shit, even UKIP had forgotten about it with their glut of votes in 2015 that yielded one MP.

True that. However, they got votes by promising one thing then backed down when it came to the crunch. Students were fked over, hard to forgive a u turn as big as that.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

True that. However, they got votes by promising one thing then backed down when it came to the crunch. Students were fked over, hard to forgive a u turn as big as that.

What other choice did we realistically have? Nick Clegg knew that it was political suicide but the country was far more important than the party, that's true Liberalism but I really hope that we won't have to do that again.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:
Canary wrote:When she finally steps down Bozza will take over and we will finally get the transatlantic dream-team.

Reminds me...

I was just thinking, the other day, if the yanks are finished with him, couldn't we get Obama to come and run the country for us? :dunno:

Could he be elected to run the country legally?
Maybe Kenya wants him to run for office there?
Mind you, it does show the ignorance of the British voter if they think he was a good president.

Isn't this what the tea party kept saying to him? "Go rule Kenya, don't rule us, we don't want you" :laughing:
Pity you cannot think of anything original to say, other than something the tea party has already said to him every day for 8 years, ad nauseum.
I don't see anyone yelling at Donald Drumpf to ''go rule Germany''

"Ignorance"??
Well people have different parameters by which they measure competency and a president who looks good to you, might look bad to others - and vice/versa.
Remember all the people who said maggie thatcher was the best PM we ever had, right alongside many who said she was the worst, for the way she consigned entire communities to the scrapheap, let alone her close association with the likes of Savile.
Text

Postby Text » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Anyhow I think Si Crewe was just jesting and bantering and I replied to him in a way which made it clear that I was jesting too. Lighten up. :thumbsup:
Text

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:52 am

Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 45% (+5)
CON: 39% (-3)
LDEM: 7% (-)
UKIP: 3% (+1)

(via @Survation / 10 Jun)

Postby wutang » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
What other choice did we realistically have? Nick Clegg knew that it was political suicide but the country was far more important than the party, that's true Liberalism but I really hope that we won't have to do that again.

You could of done what the DUP are planning now - an informal agreement where you pick and choose issue by issue. The DUP aint gonna vote against their wackjob christian fundamentalism and you guys could have put your foot down on student fees.

Also Lib Dems played along with the bullshit "we're all doomed" bollocks that was spouted before the 2010 election (remember these morons tried to put the UK in the same category as Greece - complete bullshit). You could have been honest afterwards and said "yeah, the country aint really n the edge of economic collapse. we just said that for political pointscoring". Instead you used it as an excuse to make the shittest of shit deals with the scumbags.

Karma is a bitch aint it :thumbsup:
wutang

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:11 pm

wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You could of done what the DUP are planning now - an informal agreement where you pick and choose issue by issue. The DUP aint gonna vote against their wackjob christian fundamentalism and you guys could have put your foot down on student fees.

Also Lib Dems played along with the bullshit "we're all doomed" bollocks that was spouted before the 2010 election (remember these morons tried to put the UK in the same category as Greece - complete bullshit). You could have been honest afterwards and said "yeah, the country aint really n the edge of economic collapse. we just said that for political pointscoring". Instead you used it as an excuse to make the shittest of shit deals with the scumbags.

Karma is a bitch aint it :thumbsup:

Well, we tried. That doesn't stop us carrying on for a stronger economy, a fair society and opportunity for everyone. Don''t forget that we gained nationally on Thursday and some of the old guns have been forgiven. I hope that Tim remains as leader and I hope that we can get candidate recognition locally long before the next election.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby wutang » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Stooo wrote:Well, we tried. That doesn't stop us carrying on for a stronger economy, a fair society and opportunity for everyone. Don''t forget that we gained nationally on Thursday and some of the old guns have been forgiven. I hope that Tim remains as leader and I hope that we can get candidate recognition locally long before the next election.

The problem was the orange book crowd wanted to take the Lib Dems back to their liberal roots, forgetting that it was last relevant 100 years ago.

You are back to where you were before the switch to Social Democracy in the 80's... a dozen seats and no real purpose.

I cant see being the centralist's party as a winning formula
wutang

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:43 pm

wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:Well, we tried. That doesn't stop us carrying on for a stronger economy, a fair society and opportunity for everyone. Don''t forget that we gained nationally on Thursday and some of the old guns have been forgiven. I hope that Tim remains as leader and I hope that we can get candidate recognition locally long before the next election.

The problem was the orange book crowd wanted to take the Lib Dems back to their liberal roots, forgetting that it was last relevant 100 years ago.

You are back to where you were before the switch to Social Democracy in the 80's... a dozen seats and no real purpose.

I cant see being the centralist's party as a winning formula

For now maybe. We had a shitload of new members join in the last six months and these people will help to form new policy. Labour has gained vastly as well which means that the good thing that has come out of this brexit clusterfuck is that there will be new voices actively getting involved and pushing forward the ideas that matter to them and the people around them.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby wutang » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Stooo wrote:For now maybe. We had a shitload of new members join in the last six months and these people will help to form new policy. Labour has gained vastly as well which means that the good thing that has come out of this brexit clusterfuck is that there will be new voices actively getting involved and pushing forward the ideas that matter to them and the people around them.

Granted, but you still need a direction. The project around Corbyn is about giving the party back an identity - in this case a revamped social-democracy. The Tories are going for a reactionary nationalist agenda. Essentially one is going left the other right.

What is the LibDem direction? What do they stand for? it cant be the status quo (i.e neo-liberalism) because the status quo is moribund at this point.
wutang

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:11 pm

wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:For now maybe. We had a shitload of new members join in the last six months and these people will help to form new policy. Labour has gained vastly as well which means that the good thing that has come out of this brexit clusterfuck is that there will be new voices actively getting involved and pushing forward the ideas that matter to them and the people around them.

Granted, but you still need a direction. The project around Corbyn is about giving the party back an identity - in this case a revamped social-democracy. The Tories are going for a reactionary nationalist agenda. Essentially one is going left the other right.

What is the LibDem direction? What do they stand for? it cant be the status quo (i.e neo-liberalism) because the status quo is moribund at this point.

I think that's a question that many are pondering at the moment but personally I'll wait it out and mop up the debris after the tory explosion.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:17 pm

The first post GE17 voting poll:
LAB take 6% lead in Survation survey for Mail on Sunday
CON 38.9%
LAB 44.8%
LD 7.3%

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:14 pm

On which party are a) terrorist sympathisers b) coalition of chaos c) threat to national security:

CON: 77% (+45)
LAB: 24% (-33%)

YouGov
:gigglesnshit:

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs