Homophobia is Alive and Unwell!

Homophobia is Alive and Unwell!

Postby chinchin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am

This is a thread to show that homophobia is still at large and thriving.

Players Want Margaret Court Arena Renamed Over Remarks on Gays

Link here: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/spor ... ralia.html

Source: N Y Times

I am sure if her homophobic remarks had been targeted at black people the Court would have been renamed already! :grrrrr:
chinchin

Re: Homophobia is Alive and Unwell!

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 am

Noted that she is a 'pastor'.

Her particular God is obviously homophobic too.
Cannydc

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:09 am

Maybe there's something I'm missing but it seems like there's 2 alternative explanations for this sort of mentality.

Firstly, there's the opinion that being gay is just flat-out an abomination in the eyes of god and, as such, should never be accepted or endorsed.
That would seem to overlook the fact that, in the minds of such people, gay folks were also created by their god so why would that god want you to reject them?
What those people are really doing is being prejudiced and then using religion as an excuse for that prejudice.

Secondly, there's the slightly more nuanced opinion that there's nothing wrong with being gay and it's cool for gay folks to be together but that "marriage" is a christian thing between a man and woman and there should be another term to describe the partnership between gay folks.
The problem there is that marriage has been around since we came down from the trees and has been recorded in ancient Egyptian writings so, if you're going to apply that argument, it's christianity (or any other religion) who need to fuck off and find themselves a special word for their partnerships.
What those people are really doing is stealing something from pre-existing culture, claiming it as their own and then trying to demand that nobody else can also use the thing that they, themselves, stole.
And using it as an excuse to be prejudiced.
Si_Crewe

Postby Lambert » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:14 am

They were okay with the fact that she signed up to a religion that declares homosexuality an abomination and declares homosexual thought and activity as a sin worthy of the death penalty, but as soon as she started talking about it that became a problem?
Lambert

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 am

This whole thing smacks a little of the whole "Rhodes Must Fall" nonsense.

So she said some dumb things about gay marriage. So what? The best remedy to that sort of thing is to laugh at it.

The whole support of gay marriage (which I consider a good thing for the record) which is supposed to be a liberal and tolerant viewpoint is increasingly becoming illiberal and intolerant.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 am

chinchin wrote:This is a thread to show that homophobia is still at large and thriving.

Players Want Margaret Court Arena Renamed Over Remarks on Gays

Link here: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/spor ... ralia.html

Source: N Y Times

I am sure if her homophobic remarks had been targeted at black people the Court would have been renamed already! :grrrrr:

You gays REALLY need to get over yourselves.
Most of what she has said is true, marriage for generations has been a union between a man and a woman.
Not everyone is happy that the word has been hijacked. Me included.
Predatory lesbians in tennis? True.
Predatory gays hanging it out in public toilets that children use? True. Etc. Etc.

I think the Op and these lezzy tennis players need to wind there necks in...

It is not homophobic to speak the truth!

Postby Cherry de Voured » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 am

Nasty, mad old cunt. She supported Apartheid too. Believes gays are controlled by the 'devil'.

The devil.

Yeah.

Silly old cunt.
Cherry de Voured

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:13 am

Cherry de Voured wrote:Nasty, mad old cunt. She supported Apartheid too. Believes gays are controlled by the 'devil'.

The devil.

Yeah.

Silly old cunt.

Wow! You're sounding remarkably like a nasty mad old cunt there...

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:35 am

'Homophobia is alive and unwell', is this a DS tribute thread or something?

I agree with the guest who says gays need to get over themselves. For sure, genuine homophobia isn't good, and needs to be dealt with, but I wish some folk would stop making such a fucking song and dance about it. It would go away a lot quicker if they did.
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:39 am

Theresa May visits an anti-gay church and hails it as ‘fantastic’

Theresa May this week worshipped with a pastor who described gay rights as “Christianophobic”.

On Sunday the Prime Minister made an unannounced visit to London’s Jesus House church, which is part of the Nigerian-based Redeemed Christian Church of God movement.

The visit, which came after the PM jetted back from a G7 Summit in Sicily, was an attempt to reach out to the church’s primarily black Christian congregation.

However, the church – which Mrs May hailed as “fantastic” and “one of the most lively growing churches in the UK” – has long faced allegations of anti-LGBT conduct.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/29/theresa-may-meets-with-pastor-who-claimed-gay-rights-are-an-affront-to-christians/
McAz

Postby Me » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Red Okktober wrote:'Homophobia is alive and unwell', is this a DS tribute thread or something?

I agree with the guest who says gays need to get over themselves. For sure, genuine homophobia isn't good, and needs to be dealt with, but I wish some folk would stop making such a fucking song and dance about it. It would go away a lot quicker if they did.

Sensible post as usual Red.

The "gay community"* need to take a good look at their own behaviour.
The vindictive attack over a fucking cake and also the vindictive court case over that christian b&b couple did their cause no favours at all, it just demonstrated
they are no better than the homophobic people that they constantly whine about.

As for gay pride would someone explain to me why anyone would be proud to be gay?

I'm straight, I'm neither proud or embarrassed by this.
You're gay, nothing to be embarrassed about, and certainly nothing to be proud of FFS.
Me

Postby Me » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:18 pm

McAz wrote:Theresa May visits an anti-gay church and hails it as ‘fantastic’

Theresa May this week worshipped with a pastor who described gay rights as “Christianophobic”.

On Sunday the Prime Minister made an unannounced visit to London’s Jesus House church, which is part of the Nigerian-based Redeemed Christian Church of God movement.

The visit, which came after the PM jetted back from a G7 Summit in Sicily, was an attempt to reach out to the church’s primarily black Christian congregation.

However, the church – which Mrs May hailed as “fantastic” and “one of the most lively growing churches in the UK” – has long faced allegations of anti-LGBT conduct.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/29/theresa-may-meets-with-pastor-who-claimed-gay-rights-are-an-affront-to-christians/

Wow yet another inane cut and paste.

Do you ever have a point of your own to make?

Or, heaven forbid, even an opinion of your own?

Or is this just another attempt at trolling?
Me

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Me wrote:

Nothing inane about it - shouldn't we be permitted to draw attention to the less savoury traits of our PM? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Me wrote:Sensible post as usual Red.

The "gay community"* need to take a good look at their own behaviour.
The vindictive attack over a fucking cake and also the vindictive court case over that christian b&b couple did their cause no favours at all, it just demonstrated
they are no better than the homophobic people that they constantly whine about.

As for gay pride would someone explain to me why anyone would be proud to be gay?

I'm straight, I'm neither proud or embarrassed by this.
You're gay, nothing to be embarrassed about, and certainly nothing to be proud of FFS.

Drama queens. If I were gay, I'd either laugh at or ignore the vast majority of 'incidents' some get in a flap about. I certainly wouldn't highlight and draw attention to everything.

I'm so angry about it, I could crush a grape :grrrrr:
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:14 pm

McAz wrote:
Me wrote:

Nothing inane about it - shouldn't we be permitted to draw attention to the less savoury traits of our PM? :dunno:

Oh, forgot to mention...

...here are some of the LGBT rights measures Therasa May has voted for and against since she was first elected as MP for Maidenhead in 1997:

On 22 Jun 1998: Voted against reducing the age of consent for homosexual acts from eighteen to sixteen bringing equality to the law affecting heterosexual and homosexual acts.

On 4 Nov 2002: Voted no on Adoption and Children Bill — Suitability Of Adopters, which would allow gay couples to adopt.

On 10 Mar 2003: Absent for a vote on Local Government Bill — Maintain Prohibition on Promotion of Homosexuality (Section 28)

2004: Absent for all four votes on the Gender Recognition Bill — which before Civil Partnership would allow a marriage to remain valid if one partner goes through gender reassignment treatment

On 12 Oct 2004: Voted to introduce Civil Partnerships for LGBT couples

On 19 Mar 2007: Absent for a vote on Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations

On 20 May 2008: Voted in favour of a backbench bid to force clinic to consider the need for a “father and mother” before allowing women to seek IVF treatment – threatening the rights of lesbian couples

2010 First act as Home Secretary is to make sure public bodies did not have to actively try to reduce inequality.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-lgbt-rights-gay-commons-vote-same-sex-marriage-gay-adoption-tim-farron-a7702326.html

In fairness, she has softened her anti-gay line in recent times (power and lucre tend to take precedence over principle) but do the decent folk of the LGBT community really need more hate and prejudice? :dunno:
McAz

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs