No London Fire Thread?

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Holly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 am

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:I hope there will be a criminal investigation and people responsible for this catastrophe, will have to pay a monumental price for it.
No way was this just an unfortunate accident, IMO, this was at the very least manslaughter.

It's heartbreaking to watch the news and see how many children had to die ( still unaccounted for ) plus the people who were fortunate enough to get out, having to watch their relatives, friends and neighbours perish in front of their eyes while screaming for help. How can anyone ever get over this?

The local Conservative Council refused to buy the non-flammable cladding.
Non flammable cladding £24 a piece
Flammable cladding £22 a piece

Extra cost to the block £5,000

So the Tories saved FIVE GRAND but are responsible for God knows how many deaths.

Vote Tory, save money and cull the poorest.

Wow, if it turns out that this is all it was, well then... :ooer:
Where did you get that info from?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 am

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:I hope there will be a criminal investigation and people responsible for this catastrophe, will have to pay a monumental price for it.
No way was this just an unfortunate accident, IMO, this was at the very least manslaughter.

It's heartbreaking to watch the news and see how many children had to die ( still unaccounted for ) plus the people who were fortunate enough to get out, having to watch their relatives, friends and neighbours perish in front of their eyes while screaming for help. How can anyone ever get over this?

The local Conservative Council refused to buy the non-flammable cladding.
Non flammable cladding £24 a piece
Flammable cladding £22 a piece

Extra cost to the block £5,000

So the Tories saved FIVE GRAND but are responsible for God knows how many deaths.

Vote Tory, save money and cull the poorest.

Wow, if it turns out that this is all it was, well then... :ooer:
Where did you get that info from?

The Times

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:04 am

but the Times is behind a paywall

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fi ... g-10631733

Grenfell Tower cladding could have been made fire-resistant for just £2 more per panel as it emerges materials are BANNED in US and Germany

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am

The Queen visits Grenfell Tower fire victims with Prince William despite 'security concerns' preventing Theresa May from meeting residents

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-visits-grenfell-tower-fire-10632955

Enough said. :shake head:
McAz

Postby rollup » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Calls going out for an inquest not an inquiry.
An inquiry is government controlled and the public don't get to ask questions or give evidence.
Apparently at an inquest they do.
May was very quick to call an inquiry.
rollup

Postby rollup » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

This government must carry out an INQUEST into the Grenfell tragedy, not a public inquiry
Theresa May's decision to carry out a public inquiry into the Grenfell tragedy ensures that the government has control over any uncomfortable revelations about the negligence and poor planning of the Grenfell estate by the Tory-run Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
By choosing a PUBLIC INQUIRY the government protects itself as well as those who should be held accountable. It also blocks any possibility of an INQUEST from taking place: the necessary process that would unearth the true causes of the fire for the public interest.
Prevent the government from whitewashing the truth and from keeping the UK's planning and regulation laws in the dark ages any longer. Stand with the residents of Grenfell as well as the residents of the UK's 4,000 other tower blocks and make sure this does not happen again.
https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament- ... are_copy_1
rollup

Postby wutang » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Not saying the Express are dumbarses but this cladding is banned in Germany (an EU country if you didnt already know)

Why isnt it banned here? cos profits before people, if dozens of people have to die in a blazing inferno in order for rich cunts to make more money then...

Kerching motherfucker :cheers:
wutang

Postby wutang » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:27 pm

The Queen has issued a statement of condolence to the Grenfell Tower victims from her largely-empty 775-room palace that you pay for.
wutang

Postby wutang » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 pm

This is why Labour needs a left wing identity - proper social housing policies (including tougher regulations holding landlords to account) are gonna be massively popular.

Let the Tories remain the party of landlords and sacrificing people (literally) to the whims and wishes of the markets (i.e the rich)
wutang

Postby ME » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 pm

wutang wrote:
The Queen has issued a statement of condolence to the Grenfell Tower victims from her largely-empty 775-room palace that you pay for.

Don't be fucking ridiculous.
ME

Postby wutang » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

ME wrote:
wutang wrote:

Whats ridiculous is a country where some old woman sleeps in a mostly empty 775-room palace while people are homeless.

Then again this country still buys into shit like Queens and Princes in the 21st fucking century :brickwall:
wutang

Postby wutang » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:51 pm

From 2012

David Cameron: I will kill off safety culture

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85238.html

Health and safety gone mad innit

Also worth noting that Cameron is a landlord :hand:
wutang

Postby ME » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 pm

wutang wrote:
ME wrote:
wutang wrote:

Whats ridiculous is a country where some old woman sleeps in a mostly empty 775-room palace while people are homeless.

Then again this country still buys into shit like Queens and Princes in the 21st fucking century :brickwall:

The Royal Family are part of our culture.

If you don't like OUR culture then I suggest you fuck right off as soon as possible.

I
ME

Postby Keyser » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Ma Maybot is surely the worst PM we have ever had - public relations disaster after disaster.

I was no fan of Portillo as an MP but as a bloke I have come to like and respect him - and do so even more now as he really put the boot into the silly cow last night.

The contrast between her and Jeremy is remarkable - whether you agree with his policies or not the man has a genuine warmth for normal people.

Unlike the walking robot who would not be seen dead talking to us lice-ridden proles.

Keyser

Postby chinchin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:07 pm

So is there a 'D' notice on the number of dead? Could it be up to 200 people perished in the fire? I think we need answers!

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/06/16/video- ... lsecurity/
chinchin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs