No London Fire Thread?

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm

wutang wrote:
Grenfell Tower fire: Judge 'doubt' over inquiry scope

The retired judge heading the inquiry into the Grenfell Tower fire says he is "doubtful" the process will be as wide-ranging as some residents hope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40446579



I wonder if this will be included in his "scope"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -6qrhmwzxv

Image

Image

Image


At least the Council leader and his deputy finally fucked off. Now they need to be arrested
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:34 am

I guess this, as they say, is why we can't have nice things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40471554

Presumably, anybody living in a sub-let council flat would be doing so "off the grid", which'd mean it's going to either be up to survivors to admit they were staying there or it's going to be up to their "landlords" to admit they'd sub-let their flat.

So, you've got an unknown number of people claiming a council flat, pissing off to live elsewhere and then renting it out to people who, for a variety of reasons, can't get a council flat of their own and forcing them to live in whatever conditions the official tenant sees fit.
Meanwhile, the authorities do apparently fuck-all to find out what's really going on inside the building and if they did, you'd just get a bunch of people whining about how unfair it was.

Every day that this goes on for, it just reveals more and more about the shitty, grasping, halfassed nature of the society we live in. :shake head:
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4585
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:00 am

Si_Crewe wrote:I guess this, as they say, is why we can't have nice things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40471554

Presumably, anybody living in a sub-let council flat would be doing so "off the grid", which'd mean it's going to either be up to survivors to admit they were staying there or it's going to be up to their "landlords" to admit they'd sub-let their flat.

So, you've got an unknown number of people claiming a council flat, pissing off to live elsewhere and then renting it out to people who, for a variety of reasons, can't get a council flat of their own and forcing them to live in whatever conditions the official tenant sees fit.
Meanwhile, the authorities do apparently fuck-all to find out what's really going on inside the building and if they did, you'd just get a bunch of people whining about how unfair it was.

Every day that this goes on for, it just reveals more and more about the shitty, grasping, halfassed nature of the society we live in. :shake head:


Once again your knowledge is astoundingly weak.
Council tenants CAN sub-let their flat.
All they need is the Council's permission, which councils usually rubber stamp as a formality.
Hth
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 am

Guest wrote:Once again your knowledge is astoundingly weak.
Council tenants CAN sub-let their flat.
All they need is the Council's permission, which councils usually rubber stamp as a formality.
Hth


What are you twattering on about?

The article I linked to is specifically discussing the issue of people who have ILLEGALLY sub-let their flats, thus leading to a situation where the authorities have no idea who was living there.
The fact that sub-letting is legal has no bearing on this whatsoever. :off head:

Personally, I don't think it should be legal for council tenants to sub-let a property.
If a person can sub-let a property it means they don't need to live there and social housing should be for people who NEED somewhere to live.
But that's a different thread.
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4585
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 am

This is a fucking joke!
Illegal immigrants, illegal sub lettings, etc, etc and NO prosecutions??

Disgraceful.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Guest wrote:This is a fucking joke!
Illegal immigrants, illegal sub lettings, etc, etc and NO prosecutions??

Disgraceful.


Council murders 80 people by gross negligence and you moan about alleged illegals who may have died asking why the dead aren't being prosecuted.

Nonce
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Guest wrote:Once again your knowledge is astoundingly weak.
Council tenants CAN sub-let their flat.
All they need is the Council's permission, which councils usually rubber stamp as a formality.
Hth


What are you twattering on about?

The article I linked to is specifically discussing the issue of people who have ILLEGALLY sub-let their flats, thus leading to a situation where the authorities have no idea who was living there.
The fact that sub-letting is legal has no bearing on this whatsoever. :off head:

Personally, I don't think it should be legal for council tenants to sub-let a property.
If a person can sub-let a property it means they don't need to live there and social housing should be for people who NEED somewhere to live.
But that's a different thread.


So a student in a council flat, who is going to study abroad should make themselves homeless and go through the whole process again once they come home.
Very sensible. :off head: :off head: :off head:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Guest wrote:So a student in a council flat, who is going to study abroad should make themselves homeless and go through the whole process again once they come home.
Very sensible. :off head: :off head: :off head:


I bet Grenfell tower was just packed with students off studying abroad, eh? :off head: :off head: :off head:
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4585
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Guest wrote:So a student in a council flat, who is going to study abroad should make themselves homeless and go through the whole process again once they come home.
Very sensible. :off head: :off head: :off head:


I bet Grenfell tower was just packed with students off studying abroad, eh? :off head: :off head: :off head:


Who said it was? Stupid twat.
So should a council housed student make themselves homeless whilst doing a 3rd year abroad of a 4 year language course?
Yes or No?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:This is a fucking joke!
Illegal immigrants, illegal sub lettings, etc, etc and NO prosecutions??

Disgraceful.


Council murders 80 people by gross negligence and you moan about alleged illegals who may have died asking why the dead aren't being prosecuted.

Nonce


Who mentioned the dead?
Ah it was you ya dumb c**t.

Nobody was murdered. Ya dumb c**t.

80 dead? Ya dumb c**t. Way more than 80 died in the fire.

Why are you whimpering about students? Ya dumb c**t.

If you had a functioning brainchild you'd be dangerous. Ya dumb c**t.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby wutang » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Grenfell fire risk assessor who was paid £250k for his work urged council to bury his fire risk report

Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation wanted to hire a consultant willing to take on fire regulators

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 19386.html

The safety failings outlined in the report include the failure to maintain or inspect escape staircases, fire extinguishers and emergency escape lighting.

“The fire extinguisher in the basement boiler room, the lift motor room, the ground-floor electrical room plus other areas were out of date, according to the contractor’s label on the extinguishers,” the report reads.

“Some located in the roof level areas [of Grenfell Tower] had “condemned” written on them in large black writing, with a last test date of 2009 or 2010.

“This seems to indicate that monthly occupier inspects are not being carried out."


Mr Stokes was recommended to KCTMO directors by housing official Janice Wray as “willing to challenge the fire brigade on our behalf if he considered their [safety] requirements to be excessive.”



This is why the inquiry needs to be as wide reaching as possible.
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby wutang » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Grenfell Tower gas pipes left exposed, despite fire safety expert's orders

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... dApp_Inbox


Image

Dozens of exposed gas pipes in Grenfell Tower that caused residents to fear for their safety were left bare despite a council safety expert ordering them to be protected by fire-retardant boxing.

The National Grid agreed to protect the pipes serving individual flats, which had been installed over the winter, but had only added a third of the boxing by the time the deadly blaze killed at least 79 people.

In March, three months before the blaze, residents told the London fire brigade (LFB) that people living in the 24-storey tower were so scared by the pipes “that they are having a panic attack”.


Jevans said that the National Grid assured the council on 27 March that the pipes would be protected, but two-thirds of the lateral pipes were still exposed when the disaster happened on 14 June.

The works were originally undertaken by the National Grid’s gas distribution arm following a leak. In March, the firm was sold to investors, including the Qatari government, and renamed Cadent Gas.

Cadent said the “work was still ongoing to box in the lateral pipes [horizontal pipes to flats]” when the fire occurred.
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:38 pm

wutang wrote:
Grenfell Tower gas pipes left exposed, despite fire safety expert's orders

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... dApp_Inbox


Image

Dozens of exposed gas pipes in Grenfell Tower that caused residents to fear for their safety were left bare despite a council safety expert ordering them to be protected by fire-retardant boxing.

The National Grid agreed to protect the pipes serving individual flats, which had been installed over the winter, but had only added a third of the boxing by the time the deadly blaze killed at least 79 people.

In March, three months before the blaze, residents told the London fire brigade (LFB) that people living in the 24-storey tower were so scared by the pipes “that they are having a panic attack”.


Jevans said that the National Grid assured the council on 27 March that the pipes would be protected, but two-thirds of the lateral pipes were still exposed when the disaster happened on 14 June.

The works were originally undertaken by the National Grid’s gas distribution arm following a leak. In March, the firm was sold to investors, including the Qatari government, and renamed Cadent Gas.

Cadent said the “work was still ongoing to box in the lateral pipes [horizontal pipes to flats]” when the fire occurred.


I'm sure that gas pipes have to be yellow.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 85733
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby wutang » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
I'm sure that gas pipes have to be yellow.



Isn't that just underground ones
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:07 pm

wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:
I'm sure that gas pipes have to be yellow.



Isn't that just underground ones


Not sure, they're all yellow at work :dunno:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 85733
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests