CORBYN SPOKE TO RESIDENTS, EMERGENCY SERVICES

Re: CORBYN SPOKE TO RESIDENTS, EMERGENCY SERVICES

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Another useless fact is Corbyn got the tube home :gigglesnshit:

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Viper wrote:Corbin shamelessly grandstanding. Unpleasant to see. May as PM obviously has security to consider not to mention the tendency of lefties to yell abuse and generally behave badly.

Looks like compassion for one's fellow human beings to me - but I wouldn't expect you to understand.
McAz

Postby Lambert » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Cannydc wrote:Kind words for all. Sympathetic. A genuine desire to help.

May spoke to ...... errrr..... pretty much no-one bar the bigwigs showing her round the disaster site. She avoided the public completely.

I thought during the election that she was keeping away from the plebs just in case she got asked difficult questions. Truth is, she has no affinity whatsoever with ordinary people. No emotion. No soul. She simply doesn't want to know us, about our problems, about our lives. We are on a different planet.

She is, in short, absolutely not the person I want negotiating on my behalf. Or as PM.

If May had done the same you'd have criticised her for shamelessly exploiting the tragedy.
Lambert

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Lambert wrote:

May spoke to ...... errrr..... pretty much no-one bar the bigwigs showing her round the disaster site. She avoided the public completely.

I thought during the election that she was keeping away from the plebs just in case she got asked difficult questions. Truth is, she has no affinity whatsoever with ordinary people. No emotion. No soul. She simply doesn't want to know us, about our problems, about our lives. We are on a different planet.

She is, in short, absolutely not the person I want negotiating on my behalf. Or as PM.

If May had done the same you'd have criticised her for shamelessly exploiting the tragedy.

And rightly so because that's exactly what she'd be doing - since when do Tories give a shit about anything other than power and money? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Lambert wrote:

since when was the former Mayor of London, Tory controlled RBKC and the Tory party NOT responsible for this tragedy?

Mayhem is terrified of proles you twat.

Postby Lambert » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

since when was the former Mayor of London, Tory controlled RBKC and the Tory party NOT responsible for this tragedy?

She might be, but that doesn't negate the point I made.
Lambert

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:11 am

Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

She might be, but that doesn't negate the point I made.

What point was that? How could she say it wasn't our fault? :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 am

Lambert wrote:

Absolutely not, this is the type of incident is where a leader is supposed to stand up and take the heat.

Jeremy Corbyn did not meet with universal praise when he visited the scene and neither did Sadiq Khan, both put themselves in the firing line of people who wanted to blame them, and of course both are equally valid targets for terrorist so the 'security' argument is out the window too.

Shame on May for yet another demonstration of her callous indifference to poor.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:00 am

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

Absolutely not, this is the type of incident is where a leader is supposed to stand up and take the heat.

Jeremy Corbyn did not meet with universal praise when he visited the scene and neither did Sadiq Khan, both put themselves in the firing line of people who wanted to blame them, and of course both are equally valid targets for terrorist so the 'security' argument is out the window too.

Not sure how Corbyn or Khan could be held in any way responsible because Khan hasn't been in power long enough to reverse BoZo's stupid fire cuts or force Tory councils to adhere to the law. Corbyn has been fighting the attitudes of Islington Council on such matters for decades.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 am

Lambert wrote:

Why would I ?

Showing compassion and empathy with suffering of fellow human beings is absolutely fine by me.

And, as an example, I am far from being a Royalist - but hugely admired the queen's visit to Manchester victims and was very impressed by the real morale boost they got from her. May could have done the same - but declined to show an ounce of nous.

She is no leader, and you have no chance of successfully being an apologist for her, at least as far as I am concerned. Sorry you felt the need to try, really.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

Not sure how Corbyn or Khan could be held in any way responsible because Khan hasn't been in power long enough to reverse BoZo's stupid fire cuts or force Tory councils to adhere to the law. Corbyn has been fighting the attitudes of Islington Council on such matters for decades.

In case you missed it Jeremy Corbyn, by instinct, took a play from the book of every successful team sports player and made himself accountable. Several years back when Michael Schumacher was driving for them Ferrari had been dominant but had a bad run of a few races - largely due to tactical errors and reliability issues. Michael Schumacher took responsibility in a post race interview and said he would have to try harder to get the best out of the car. Naturally everyone in Imola knew that Michael wasn't the problem but when he stepped up like that every employee, from the chief engineer to the tea lady, worked weekends to fix the problems with the car for the next race.

Jeremy knows that he isn't to blame for a Tory council letting a sub-standard type of cladding be used on a tower block but he is willing to take the blame because he thinks had be been able to rally the votes to make it Labour council people would have been put before profits and the $10 million to upgrade the tower block would have been spent on fire safety not pretty plastic panels.

Postby rollup » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 pm

As can be seen from Corbyns thirty year track record he's doing what comes naturally to him.
As can be seen by Mays track record she's doing what comes naturally to her.
Not good is it.
rollup

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

In case you missed it Jeremy Corbyn, by instinct, took a play from the book of every successful team sports player and made himself accountable. Several years back when Michael Schumacher was driving for them Ferrari had been dominant but had a bad run of a few races - largely due to tactical errors and reliability issues. Michael Schumacher took responsibility in a post race interview and said he would have to try harder to get the best out of the car. Naturally everyone in Imola knew that Michael wasn't the problem but when he stepped up like that every employee, from the chief engineer to the tea lady, worked weekends to fix the problems with the car for the next race.

Jeremy knows that he isn't to blame for a Tory council letting a sub-standard type of cladding be used on a tower block but he is willing to take the blame because he thinks had be been able to rally the votes to make it Labour council people would have been put before profits and the $10 million to upgrade the tower block would have been spent on fire safety not pretty plastic panels.

Corbyn was in charge of Labour in 2014 when the last council elections were held?
Are you a member of Viper's alternative universe?

Postby rollup » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:57 pm

Theresa May was too scared to meet the Grenfell survivors. She’s finished

The government needs to pay the private rents to rehouse all these families locally. I know of at least one block of luxury flats in Kensington with the lights out permanently in most of them: the council should requisition the housing it needs, with plenty available. What of rehousing all the other tower block residents now horrified to find their homes too are potential fire-traps?

The danger is that once this drama is over and news moves on, people get forgotten. Not this time. What a contrast was Jeremy Corbyn’s visit, hugging and embracing victims, promising to guarantee that never happens. No one could have devised a better parable to convey the difference between the two parties than those two leaders’ visits. No doubt Grenfell residents would have shouted at the prime minister – but after her hermetically sealed election campaign, this confirms that a leader who dare never meet her people is truly done for.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ?CMP=fb_gu
rollup

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

Viper wrote:Corbin shamelessly grandstanding. Unpleasant to see. May as PM obviously has security to consider not to mention the tendency of lefties to yell abuse and generally behave badly.

Who is Corbin?

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs