Lefts 'day of rage' wednesday

Re: Lefts 'day of rage' wednesday

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:When did you last tramp the streets in pursuit of your principles?

The last time was about 2 months ago, organising a campaign to get utility companies to deal with local residents more fairly over charges for upgrading or replacing gas, water and electric supplies.
Before that, I was on a local council committee involved in getting fibre-optic broadband into small towns between Carlisle and Stranraer,
I've been an active member of the BASC for more than 20 years and I've been to Westminster and Edinburgh to speak to MPs, MSPs and lords about gun legislation - and succeeded in achieving a variety of concessions new bits of firearm legislation.
That also led to me acting on behalf of the paintball community between 2004 and 2007 to get concessions put into the VCRA, excluding paintball guns from legislation pertaining to other "imitation weapons".

Course, I didn't do any of that by myself. I was just one of a dozen or so people involved.

I like to think I've done my bit though. :thumbsup:

Seems mostly like hobby stuff to me - but I won't seek to restrict or curtail your democratic right to pursue what you consider important. :thumbsup:
Last edited by McAz on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 am

rollup wrote:You hate Corbyn and all he stands for.
You're convinced the parties policies will destroy the countries economy so you voted for them on principle.
That's what you said and you think I should be putting the crack pipe down!

I also said that only the tories or the SNP had a chance of gaining power here and so it was easy for me to indulge my principles without fear I might be responsible for a Corbyn win.

If I lived in a marginal seat, I doubt I would have been able to sleep at night for the last 6 months.
Si_Crewe

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:42 am

McAz wrote:Seems like hobby stuff to me - but I won't seek to restrict or curtail your democratic right to pursue what you consider important. :thumbsup:

I guess the 999,700 people who stayed at home today just didn't consider the "day of rage" was really that important, eh?
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:Seems mostly like hobby stuff to me - but I won't seek to restrict or curtail your democratic right to pursue what you consider important. :thumbsup:

I guess the 999,700 people who stayed at home today just didn't consider the "day of rage" was really that important, eh?

Or whatever bollocks you paintball guys think is important - but live and let live. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 am

McAz wrote:Or whatever bollocks you paintball guys think is important - but live and let live. :dunno:

Not sure I understand the comparison.

I started off by pointing out that a crowd of 300 suggests that the cause wasn't as popular as online commentators might have wished to believe.

Despite questioning me about causes I've chosen to involve myself in, I haven't seen you post anything which actually rebuts that original comment.

Still, I suppose we should be thankful that antifa didn't take it upon themselves to show up and start pulling up concrete bollards and throwing them through shop windows or stabbing horses.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:06 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:Or whatever bollocks you paintball guys think is important - but live and let live. :dunno:

Not sure I understand the comparison.

I started off by pointing out that a crowd of 300 suggests that the cause wasn't as popular as online commentators might have wished to believe.

Despite questioning me about causes I've chosen to involve myself in, I haven't seen you post anything which actually rebuts that original comment.

Still, I suppose we should be thankful that antifa didn't take it upon themselves to show up and start pulling up concrete bollards and throwing them through shop windows or stabbing horses.

I don't speak for the organisers nor did I comment as to my wishes or expectations - but nor do I deride their efforts, just as I don't deride yours.
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:09 am

McAz wrote:I don't speak for the organisers nor did I comment as to my wishes or expectations - but nor do I deride their efforts, just as I don't deride yours.

They do say empty vessels make the most noise.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:I don't speak for the organisers nor did I comment as to my wishes or expectations - but nor do I deride their efforts, just as I don't deride yours.

You have provided ample demonstration.
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:12 am

McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

Yep.

You you never fail to provide me with the (lack of) material to demonstrate it. :thumbsup:
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:14 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

Yep.

You you never fail to provide me with the (lack of) material to demonstrate it. :thumbsup:

I am not your subordinate - I am not required to provide you with anything. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Viper » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:45 am

McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

Yep.

I am not your subordinate - I am not required to provide you with anything. :dunno:

Intellectually you are everyones subordinate.
Viper

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:08 am

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

Yep.

Intellectually I am everyones subordinate.

We know.
You do link to fake news sites :shake head:

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 am

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:I am not your subordinate - I am not required to provide you with anything. :dunno:

Intellectually you are everyones subordinate.

I know, if only I'd reached your dizzying achievements. :pmsl:

Viper wrote:
Stooo wrote:You obviously have had no experience of higher education

Other than BSc (hons).

McAz

Postby Punk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Many of us didn't go, due to being at work.
Punk

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Viper wrote:Protest yes riot no. Why is mcdonnell inciting 'over throwing the government' we have elections for that and they lost.

It would be terribly disappointing should a riot be incited.

So, no riot then :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs