Terrorist attack in Finsbury Park

Re: Terrorist attack in Finsbury Park

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
For my first seven years I was raised amongst the Jews of the East End - when I last visited it was Muslim - I'm not sure that I want to "hammer it out" in order to rescue the "cultural meaning" of my heritage - can't we rise above such things?

The answer is, as a nation, clearly no.

No point fiddling while Rome burns. There's a real and deep seated dissatisfaction which if left unaddressed will fester and though I don't think the civil war narrative is at all convincing there will be more segregation and suspicion.

Provide the Sunderland massive with decent homes and worthwhile jobs. Ensure that the rich and the corporations pay their fair share. Provide adequately funded social, health and welfare services. Take back into common ownership that which is common. Counter every attempt by haters to divide and blame. And the nation will change for the better.

Poverty is the greater dividing line - not race, culture or religion.
Last edited by McAz on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McAz

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 pm

wutang wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Your smug 'still waiting' is typical of the anarchistic traitorous cunt you are. You don't deserve to live in this country, you really should fuck off elsewhere and do us all a favour.

Thankful dumbfucks like you dont get to decide who lives here or not.

And if Im an anarchist how can I be a traitor? anarchists are by default anti-nationalist.

"The working class has no country" and all that :thumbsup:

I'm watching the unsung heroes in these situations - the REAL people's champions.

I'm referring to the firefighters and other first responders/emergency service workers, who just quietly and calmly go about their work, who always head towards danger, and make a REAL difference to people's lives, irrespective of their political leanings.

...and then I read the inane anti-everything utterings of a useless, bone idle tosser like you.

See the difference here?
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Vam wrote:
wutang wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Your smug 'still waiting' is typical of the anarchistic traitorous cunt you are. You don't deserve to live in this country, you really should fuck off elsewhere and do us all a favour.

And if Im an anarchist how can I be a traitor? anarchists are by default anti-nationalist.

I'm watching the unsung heroes in these situations - the REAL people's champions.

I'm referring to the firefighters and other first responders/emergency service workers, who just quietly and calmly go about their work, who always head towards danger, and make a REAL difference to people's lives, irrespective of their political leanings.

...and then I read the inane anti-everything utterings of a useless, bone idle tosser like you.

See the difference here?

But what difference is there between you and him? :dunno:
McAz

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
I think that's undoubtedly a factor but not the whole story. I think it does deeper than that to people feeling that the things that used to have meaning for them in a cultural sense disappearing and feeling profoundly upset by that.

I'm willing to bet a large number of people would accept being a little poorer if it meant that change was stopped and they could feel comfortable in their communities again.

I don't think it's an issue that can be ignored. We, as a society, need to hammer it out and find a solution which is acceptable.

You cant stop change - its inevitable, generations die of and are replaced by new ones who, like the prior generations want to shape things in their own image. The issue isnt about things changing but how they change and to me it seems that people are feeling, quite rightfully, more powerless now than ever before.

I think this is why both the left and right mythologise the past, especially the post-war era (1945 and all that), for all its faults social democracy was more democratic, or at least it was an era where political engagement was increasing. The rise of inequality, lack of security in jobs, housing, healthcare, social services and the whole austerity agenda has made life more ruthless and brutal and people don't feel like they have the power to change that in the way prior generation could (eg unions, civil rights movement)
wutang

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Vam wrote:.

I think you find the firefighters tend to be pretty left wing - not only to they have no problem striking but have a history of supporting others strike by refusing to assist scabs.

Did you support them when they went on strike over pensions and working conditions? :cuppaT:
wutang

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:36 pm

...ah...the "rich" being singled out again. Quelle surprise. I wondered how long that would take. Being "rich" is akin to having leprosy, to some.

Never mind the fact that not all the "rich" inherited their wealth, but instead got off their arses and made it all happen. And, of course, the "rich" have never provided long-term, secure and gainful employment to many, not to mention very significantly contribute to the nation's coffers. Because ALL the "rich" are tax-dodging crooks as a matter of course.

I'm totally done with this thread. I'll leave all you cerebral heavyweights to discuss these crucial issues among yourselves.

If people are looking for reasoned debate, hoping to see practical and workable suggestions to avert the growing unrest in the UK, or even hoping to actually learn something new - (apart from a couple of members' input) it ain't happening here! :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Vam wrote:I'm totally done with this thread. I'll leave all you cerebral heavyweights to discuss these crucial issues among yourselves.

Bye then.
wutang

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
wutang wrote:
The right have been saying that for decades... still waiting.

Any unrest is more likely to be around issues of inequality, state/police repression, poverty, healthcare, housing etc, than the race war that certain posters gleefully anticipate.

The right have been predicting it's going to happen in the not too distant future.

Well they've tried to kick it off a fair few times...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:46 pm

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
wutang wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

See the difference here?

But what difference is there between you and him? :dunno:

Oh, no difference whatsoever, Az. There you go.

Now, have fun troll-lol-lolling :twirl:
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Vam wrote:Oh, no difference whatsoever, Az. There you go.

Now, have fun troll-lol-lolling :twirl:

That's what I thought - but I played it down in case you'd just signed up for the fire service or something. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Vam wrote:I'm totally done with this thread.

:whistle:
wutang

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 pm

wutang wrote:
Vam wrote:I'm totally done with this thread.

:whistle:

The allure of cerebral heavyweights is irresistible. :mrgreen:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
wutang wrote:
The right have been saying that for decades... still waiting.

Any unrest is more likely to be around issues of inequality, state/police repression, poverty, healthcare, housing etc, than the race war that certain posters gleefully anticipate.

The right have been predicting it's going to happen in the not too distant future. I don't think we're a million miles away from it now do you?

With cunts like Robinson, Hopkins and Farage fanning the flames with their collective BS, yeah you could be right.

The fact you despise any counter thought to you shows you don't deserve to live in this country, you really should fuck off elsewhere and do us all a favour.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:Ah....the hell with this!

Today is a day when I will freely state my opinions, and I don't give a flying fuck who takes offence. If Admin have a problem with that, they have the right button to press. Anyone else can just literally go spin... :dafinger:

I'm in no mood to diplomatically tiptoe around any permanently outraged, extreme lefty tossers. I doubt many of you posting here have done a productive day's work in your lives. And I strongly suspect most of those constantly posting their anti-establishment, looney left rhetoric on here, do so with the other hand held out, to grab up every Benefit payment known to man.

There's a very credible threat that civil unrest will soon be spilling out all over the UK, and yet here you are, playing with your semantics and whataboutery point-scoring, as if your input is worth a damn.

You are completely ineffectual and irrelevant. Anyone with a brain cell can see that some of you are every bit as racist & fascist as those you're constantly howling at, or whining about.

People like you utterly disgust me. Shit, I'm not British but even I have more loyalty to Britain than some of you workshy, freeloading, traitorous ingrates! :roll:

you have been well and truly triggered
nice of you to ignore right wing policies are the result of all of this :gigglesnshit:

Triggered-shmiggered :roll: No, I have been well and truly pissed off by much of the partisan bilge I read in these threads.

But your second point is correct, tbf; that was an oversight on my part. Some of those who advocate extreme RW policies here, can be equally as divisive - and as stupidly batshit crazy.

Such as burning down mosques? Yes Red is on record for that. Any others that come to mind?

Postby Viper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
McAz wrote:And as a side note: No doubt you've noticed the Tories bigging this up as a very opportune deflection from Grenfell. :roll:

You had to shoehorn 'the Tories' in somewhere didn't you?

How are they 'bigging it up' and how does it deflect from Grenfell? It's a totally separate unconnected incident.

Read the news - Grenfell wasn't going well for them.

I doubt Grenfell has been going well for anyone affected.

As far as deflection attempts go, Az, I really have to say that ^^^ is cynically exploitative, and really scrapes the barrel. I expect that kind of whataboutery from the usual great unwashed fuckwit suspects around here, but not from you :shake head:

This is standard aziz fare. Fwiw he thinks grenfell is going good for the left and his agenda. Sickening as it sounds he loves the opportunity to try to score the cheapest most repugnant of political point.
Viper

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs