Our Acceptable Hate Preachers

Re: Our Acceptable Hate Preachers

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Conjure up an image of a hate preacher. Go on, take a second to picture them in your head. Imagine the clothes they are wearing, the colour of their skin, the look on their face as they radicalise and the room in which they’re stood. I’m doing the very same as I type.

Sat in an office, somewhere deep in the Kensington Tower from where he dishes out his venom, is Paul Dacre – Editor of the Daily Mail, suit and tie no doubt pristine.

Is he who you were imagining?

With a circulation of 1.5 million, and hundreds of millions more online, this multi-millionaire media mogul has a platform and audience much greater than most clerics secretly whipping up tension.

How about Rupert Murdoch? Owner of the Sun. The tower block might be in London Bridge by the River Thames, but it’s pretty much the exact same picture.

Their words are as steeped in hatred as Abu Hamza and Anjem Choudary, their divisive rhetoric rampant with the same inhumanity and callous contempt. They wilfully spread lies about communities, find ways to divide and separate intent on destroying any chance of cohesion. But while some are placed onto watch lists, placed under house arrest and deported, the likes of Murdoch and Dacre are allowed to prosper, respectable figures invited to Downing Street and to the most exclusive of political events.

When news broke last night of the terror attack on the Finsbury Park Mosque in London, once again the English capital was thrown into mourning. One dead, multiple injured, it was an attack on innocent people peacefully going about their daily lives. For the most part the mainstream, established media have been uncompromising in their condemnation of the attacker, save maybe the Mail‘s disgraceful attempt at justification by citing a hate preacher who’d previously visited the mosque, as if to justify this terrorist’s action.

http://www.huckmagazine.com/art-and-cul ... rk-attack/

I kind of feel that this crap is actually pulling us together as a society.

Fucking hell!

Tell you what, I'll put this down to you being out in the sun for too long Stoo.

Nobody can be this fucking dumb and and still hold down a job surely???

So what are your views on the bit quoted rather than slagging me off?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Fair comment about slagging you without posting an opinion. Apologies.

Si and Red have already posted my opinions on this.

Postby wutang » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 pm

wutang

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:A watercolour picture of a van?

You've convinced me - Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre must be hate preachers. I don't know why I couldn't see it before.

It's from a newspaper Red.

It's from the Gaurdain.

Apparently they decided it was reasonable to publish a "cartoon" of the Finsbury Park attack purely for the purposes of criticising their competitors.

And you seem to think it's the Mail and the Sun who're acting like scumbags?

See, this is the problem when people are so determined to be anti-something that they disappear up their own arseholes to the point where they are willing to ignore anything, however distasteful, as long as it reinforces their own prejudices.
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:40 pm

wutang wrote:Image

Perhaps our resident islam loving white man hater could point out which of those headlines have no truth in them?

Postby wutang » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Guest wrote:
wutang wrote:Image

Perhaps our resident islam loving white man hater could point out which of those headlines have no truth in them?

You will have to wait for him to log on then :cuppaT:
wutang

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Red Okktober wrote:This isn't dissimilar to when those on the liberal left try and compare the BNP with Isis as being like for like.

Ultra liberal left police. :roll:

English Defence League and British National Party as dangerous as Isis, warn Derbyshire Police

The English Defence League and the British National Party are "just as much of a real threat" as Islamic State (Isis), Derbyshire Police have said. Sergeant John Brooker said that his police force treat far-right groups the same way they would treat Isis.

"The biggest threat is very much centred on Syria and Iraq based on groups such as Islamic State, however, we certainly can't ignore the right-wing issues and the far-right issues that do exist in our communities and are just as much of a real threat in terms of community division, hatred and deplorable acts as anything else."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/english-defence-league-british-national-party-dangerous-isis-warn-derbyshire-police-1544728
McAz

Postby Keyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:45 pm

McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:This isn't dissimilar to when those on the liberal left try and compare the BNP with Isis as being like for like.

English Defence League and British National Party as dangerous as Isis, warn Derbyshire Police

The English Defence League and the British National Party are "just as much of a real threat" as Islamic State (Isis), Derbyshire Police have said. Sergeant John Brooker said that his police force treat far-right groups the same way they would treat Isis.

"The biggest threat is very much centred on Syria and Iraq based on groups such as Islamic State, however, we certainly can't ignore the right-wing issues and the far-right issues that do exist in our communities and are just as much of a real threat in terms of community division, hatred and deplorable acts as anything else."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/english-defence-league-british-national-party-dangerous-isis-warn-derbyshire-police-1544728

Sorry Az but that is PC bullshit.

They are just a group of pissed up racist hooligans - how can they be compared to a massive organisation like Daesh and all of the atrocities they have committed in Syria and inspired around the globe - not least here recently?

They can't in my opinion.
Keyser

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You've convinced me - Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre must be hate preachers. I don't know why I couldn't see it before.

It's from the Gaurdain.

Apparently they decided it was reasonable to publish a "cartoon" of the Finsbury Park attack purely for the purposes of criticising their competitors.

Yeah, why else did Dacre and Murdock storm out of their respective victory parties on the exit poll announcement? They're supposed to be selling papers, why would they give a fuck?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 pm

McAz wrote:Ultra liberal left police. :roll:

That's just the kind of nonsense someone like you would believe to be factual.

After the Manchester attack, some solemn-faced police spokesman appeared, telling us how worried he was about 'hate crime' rising after the attack, ie mainly name-calling and the like. I'm sure the parents of daughters who had just been blown up wanted to hear that.

Likewise, those who have lost family in Isis attacks, will be appalled by Brooker rating them as being no more dangerous than a group of pissed-up hooligans. Brooker should be fired for being both insensitive and not fit to do his job, if he can't see a difference between Isis and the BNP/EDL.

Do you think both carry an identical threat?
Red Okktober

Postby Keyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It's from the Gaurdain.

Yeah, why else did Dacre and Murdock storm out of their respective victory parties on the exit poll announcement? They're supposed to be selling papers, why would they give a fuck?

Surely top quality journalism like this should be applauded? :dunno:

Keyser

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Keyser wrote:
McAz wrote:

Sorry Az but that is PC bullshit.

They are just a group of pissed up racist hooligans - how can they be compared to a massive organisation like Daesh and all of the atrocities they have committed in Syria and inspired around the globe - not least here recently?

They can't in my opinion.

In terms of the power/influence they currently yield you are correct - but in terms of their authoritarian ideology you are not. They even share training films:

British Nazi Jihadis: Fanatics use ISIS training video to prepare to fight race war

British neo-nazi fanatics are holding paramilitary-style boot camps to train recruits for a bloody race war.

Shocking footage obtained by the Sunday Mirror shows Craig Fraser, the leader of a far-right group called Sigurd Legion, bragging about screening a jihadist film at a training session next month.

In a conversation with the notorious self-proclaimed “white nationalist” Kai Murras, powerfully-built Fraser says: “One of the videos we’re going to show at the next Sigurd camp, we’re going to get a projector up and project a jihadis training for ISIS over in Syria, showing them how they train”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-nazi-jihadis-mirror-investigation-4847059
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Those on the left are so desperate to downplay the threat from islam, that newspaper editors are now being called' hate preachers' and isis are being compared to football hooligans.

LoL that people genuinely believe this shit.
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
McAz wrote:Ultra liberal left police. :roll:

That's just the kind of nonsense someone like you would believe to be factual.

After the Manchester attack, some solemn-faced police spokesman appeared, telling us how worried he was about 'hate crime' rising after the attack, ie mainly name-calling and the like. I'm sure the parents of daughters who had just been blown up wanted to hear that.

Likewise, those who have lost family in Isis attacks, will be appalled by Brooker rating them as being no more dangerous than a group of pissed-up hooligans. Brooker should be fired for being both insensitive and not fit to do his job, if he can't see a difference between Isis and the BNP/EDL.

Do you think both carry an identical threat?

I tend to believe the police over far-right firestarters like you, yes.

BTW, did you attend the training camp?
McAz

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Those on the left are so desperate to downplay the threat from islam, that newspaper editors are now being called' hate preachers' and isis are being compared to football hooligans.

LoL that people genuinely believe this shit.

Fuck off you stupid twat.
Why are YOU down playing British NAZI jihadists?
You even support burning down mosques offering to help in one post.
What kind of cunt does that?

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs