Tory's Secret Call Center

Tory's Secret Call Center

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Revealed: Inside the secretive Tory election call centre

The Conservative Party contracted a secretive call centre during the election campaign which may have broken data protection and election laws, a Channel 4 News investigation has found.

The investigation has uncovered what appear to be underhand and potentially unlawful practices at the centre, in calls made on behalf of the Conservative Party. These allegations include:

● Paid canvassing on behalf of Conservative election candidates – banned under election law.

● Political cold calling to prohibited numbers

● Misleading calls claiming to be from an ‘independent market research company’ which does not apparently exist

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-inside-the-secretive-tory-election-call-centre

Gosh! :yikes:
McAz

Re: Tory's Secret Call Center

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm

I won't do phone canvassing because I hate cold callers myself, ok good mornings and knocking up on election day are reasonable but I'm not keen.

The tories would just pay someone to replace the likes of me according to these allegations.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Stooo wrote:I won't do phone canvassing because I hate cold callers myself, ok good mornings and knocking up on election day are reasonable but I'm not keen.

The tories would just pay someone to replace the likes of me according to these allegations.

Whilst I've picketed many times (both in the British and American sense) I've never campaigned on behalf of a political party. Can't say I'd relish any aspect of it - (okay, I can do the hanging round with attractive women thing in the town centre) - particularly cold calling. If I get cold called, for any reason, my usual Dalai Lama demeanour evaporates and l turn into a foaming maniac - it's embarrassing.

I was both surprised and quietly impressed by your efforts during this election.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:I won't do phone canvassing because I hate cold callers myself, ok good mornings and knocking up on election day are reasonable but I'm not keen.

Whilst I've picketed many times (both in the British and American sense) I've never campaigned on behalf of a political party. Can't say I'd relish any aspect of it - (okay, I can do the hanging round with attractive women thing in the town centre) - particularly cold calling. If I get cold called, for any reason, I my usual Dalai Lama demeanour departs and l turn into a foaming maniac - it's embarrassing.

I was both surprised and quietly impressed by your efforts during this election.

I loved it and was totally inspired by the experience. I hope that I can help locally in the future.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

Whilst I've picketed many times (both in the British and American sense) I've never campaigned on behalf of a political party. Can't say I'd relish any aspect of it - (okay, I can do the hanging round with attractive women thing in the town centre) - particularly cold calling. If I get cold called, for any reason, I my usual Dalai Lama demeanour departs and l turn into a foaming maniac - it's embarrassing.

I loved it and was totally inspired by the experience. I hope that I can help locally in the future.

Your enthusiasm was palpable, it was that the surprised me - and something of an antidote to the oh-so-uncool cynicism that many smart-arses proffer. Good on you! :more beer:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

Your enthusiasm was palpable, it was that the surprised me - and something of an antidote to the oh-so-uncool cynicism that many smart-arses proffer. Good on you! :more beer:

There's no point in moaning about it if you're in a position to do something about it. :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Viper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:04 am

How did it turn out? :smilin:
Viper

Postby rollup » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 am

Viper wrote:How did it turn out? :smilin:

It would seem the Tories lied and cheated their way into office.
Lied and cheated even though they were expecting a landslide.
Seems they can't help themselves.
On top of that they then tore up their manifesto!
Third world country they've reduced it too.
Starting on the economy now by walking away from our customers.
rollup

Postby Viper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 am

rollup wrote:
Viper wrote:How did it turn out? :smilin:

It would seem the Tories lied and cheated their way into office.

lol.
Viper

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:25 pm

rollup wrote:It would seem the Tories lied and cheated their way into office.

It sound like you're getting upset that they gave "the appearance of truth" which, I'm told, is the most important thing in politics.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:

It sound like you're getting upset that they gave "the appearance of truth" which, I'm told, is the most important thing in politics.

Something you couldn't grasp as your childish boasting to your wannabe arsonist pal amply demonstrated. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Viper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 pm

McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

Something you couldn't grasp as your childish boasting to your wannabe arsonist pal amply demonstrated. :pmsl:

are you sure you are OK?
Viper

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

are you sure you are OK?

Yes, I've felt so much better recently - thanks Vipes. :thumbsup:

Now get back to work. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:40 pm

McAz wrote:Something you couldn't grasp as your childish boasting to your wannabe arsonist pal amply demonstrated. :pmsl:

Talk to your mate, who's moaning about the tories "lying and cheating" their way into power.

Not to worry though, eh?
Maybe next time around the "Sunderland Massive" will vote Labour instead. :pmsl:
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:Something you couldn't grasp as your childish boasting to your wannabe arsonist pal amply demonstrated. :pmsl:

Talk to your mate, who's moaning about the tories "lying and cheating" their way into power.

Not to worry though, eh?
Maybe next time around the "Sunderland Massive" will vote Labour instead. :pmsl:

Weren't you boasting about how they already had? :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs