Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes : 8

Should We Routinely Arm UK Police?

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 pm

The police service is mainly reaction response and personally I have no problem with them wandering around with shooters. PCSO's are more and more providing community support, so what's the problem?
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Should We Routinely Arm UK Police?

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes
McAz

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 pm

McAz wrote:Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes

MI5 and CID, different rules.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Stooo wrote:

Same problem though - and you only get once chance of life (Buddhists excepted). :dunno:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Same problem though - and you only get once chance of life (Buddhism excepted). :dunno:

It stops a lot of fucking around and perhaps it's time for a two tier police service? My Son is studying for his degree to get into the Old Bill and wants to be a plod more than anything else, if he gets in then it's going to be high tension incidents rather than checking doorknobs at four in the morning.

Give the police sidearms and keep the ARV's loaded with machine guns as they are now.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Viper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Same problem though - and you only get once chance of life (Buddhism excepted). :dunno:

It stops a lot of fucking around and perhaps it's time for a two tier police service? My Son is studying for his degree to get into the Old Bill and wants to be a plod more than anything else, if he gets in then it's going to be high tension incidents rather than checking doorknobs at four in the morning.

Give the police sidearms and keep the ARV's loaded with machine guns as they are now.

Dont mention degrees to mcaz. He gets very jealous :gigglesnshit:

Yes our cops should be armed.
Viper

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Viper wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Why did May sack 20,000 cops?

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Viper wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I'm sticking to the subject rather than attacking other posters.

You should too.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It also can end life without due process which is a more important consideration than fucking around.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 pm

McAz wrote:
It also can end life without due process which is a more important consideration than fucking around.

But if we're subjected to the police cuts that have become routine, isn't it time that we leave PCSO's on the beat and have a second tier of public protection?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

But if we're subjected to the police cuts that have become routine, isn't it time that we leave PCSO's on the beat and have a second tier of public protection?

And yet there is money to thoroughly train every copper in the land? That aside, I have seen what the police can do when they are out of control without firearms - Blair Peach being my first "encounter" - I could never agree to this.
McAz

Postby Viper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

And yet there is money to thoroughly train every copper in the land? That aside, I have seen what the police can do when they are out of control without firearms - Blair Peach being my first "encounter" - I could never agree to this.

Id agree in a heartbeat. Maybe you shouldnt misbehave.
Viper

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

Id agree in a heartbeat. Maybe you shouldnt misbehave.

But then you'd let 4-year olds access adult websites - I'm not that careless.
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Stooo wrote:The police service is mainly reaction response and personally I have no problem with them wandering around with shooters. PCSO's are more and more providing community support, so what's the problem?

I'm an American We have armed police and a certain section of society carry arms as is their right. As do others who own illegally held weapons.
Why do you think British police should be allowed to carry firearms, Your country banned firearms back in the 90's. I've often read here how superior members of this forum feel because unlike America you have unarmed police and unarmed civilians. Are things changing in Britain that you think All police should be armed?

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:The police service is mainly reaction response and personally I have no problem with them wandering around with shooters. PCSO's are more and more providing community support, so what's the problem?

I'm an American We have armed police and a certain section of society carry arms as is their right. As do others who own illegally held weapons.
Why do you think British police should be allowed to carry firearms, Your country banned firearms back in the 90's. I've often read here how superior members of this forum feel because unlike America you have unarmed police and unarmed civilians. Are things changing in Britain that you think All police should be armed?

We haven't banned firearms at all, we licence those that are acceptable and they are under strict controls.

My Son wants to be a copper, I'm biased. I don't want him killed.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs