Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:04 pm

McAz

Re: Jezza Hailed At Glasto

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:07 pm

McAz

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Just got this from someone on the inside

"Crowd gave it the corbyn chant after Thom [Radiohead] makes 'ueseless politicians' comment. BBC execs panic for next 30 mins abt whether to edit..."

:smilin:
McAz

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 pm

McAz wrote:Just got this from someone on the inside

"Crowd gave it the corbyn chant after Thom [Radiohead] makes 'ueseless politicians' comment. BBC execs panic for next 30 mins abt whether to edit..."

:smilin:

And for anyone watching right now let's see if the Beeb censor...

'see you later Theresa, shut the door on your way out...' after "No Surprises"

Coming right up.
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Not bad for a man voted in by Tories on a £3 vote because they thought he'd have no chance. I like how he has woken the young up to vote and have a say in how their future is shaped. He will deliver for them too because they are his future voters.

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Guest wrote:Not bad for a man voted in by Tories on a £3 vote because they thought he'd have no chance. I like how he has woken the young up to vote and have a say in how their future is shaped. He will deliver for them too because they are his future voters.

Best 3 quid they ever spent - shame they didn''t stump up another £5000...
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:05 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:Not bad for a man voted in by Tories on a £3 vote because they thought he'd have no chance. I like how he has woken the young up to vote and have a say in how their future is shaped. He will deliver for them too because they are his future voters.

Why, what difference would that make?

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Why, what difference would that make?

At least 79 lives at Grenfell.
McAz

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm

maximum profit
uber capitalism unleashed upon the people
far more profit in cost cutting a society than outright warfare...
in the long run
don't have to rebuild all that infrastructure
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 pm

These folks are aware that the election already happened, right? :scratch:

S'funny really, given the current climate I'm sure there are a lot of people within Labour who assume the job of PM is up for grabs at the next GE.
Citizen Jezza needs to watch his back for the next 5 years. :ooer:
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:These folks are aware that the election already happened, right? :scratch:

S'funny really, given the current climate I'm sure there are a lot of people within Labour who assume the job of PM is up for grabs at the next GE.

These folks, like me, know how much fun the next 2 years is going to be - thank fuck the left aren't in charge of the debacle that is Brexit and all that will come from it - the young, and the young at heart, are delighted. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 pm

McAz wrote:These folks, like me, know how much fun the next 2 years is going to be - thank fuck the left aren't in charge of the debacle that is Brexit and all that will come from it - the young, and the young at heart, are delighted. :thumbsup:

Uhuh.

Hard to see how the tories will get through Brexit with enough credibility to win another election.
Be interesting to see if Citizen Corbyn is still around when that happens though, or whether another party will have managed to present themselves as a credible alternative for non-tories.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:These folks, like me, know how much fun the next 2 years is going to be - thank fuck the left aren't in charge of the debacle that is Brexit and all that will come from it - the young, and the young at heart, are delighted. :thumbsup:

Uhuh.

Hard to see how the tories will get through Brexit with enough credibility to win another election.
Be interesting to see if Citizen Corbyn is still around when that happens though, or whether another party will have managed to present themselves as a credible alternative for non-tories.

I doubt he'll see the next election if this parliament runs full term - but as for the young up and coming electorate he's done his job, he's given them hope and enfranchisement. Tbh, I have no idea what the hell is happening or will happen - does anyone? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:42 pm

McAz wrote:Glastonbury 2017: 'Ohh Jeremy Corbyn' chant sweeps festival as revellers get political

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-festival-jeremy-corbyn-chant-run-the-jewels-stage-time-speech-how-to-watch-a7804696.html

May wasn't.

And how many of those do you think actually vote?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:These folks are aware that the election already happened, right? :scratch:

Yes they'll be heading for the centre right of politics. The blarites. Supported by the daily mail. We're already too far right. Jeremy is just enough left to take us to real centre ground. But it seems brexit is the most important thing in the world to some people. Even more important than the people in this country. I've lost faith in democracy. Because people will vote how they're told to or from propaganda in the press. People will actually vote for fox hunting, even though they might have protested against it earlier. Vote for children to lose a hot dinner, and vote for dementia tax. People will vote against themselves, their children, grandchildren. For this thing called brexit that promises 'We make our own laws' even though those laws include losing their human rights. Democracy doesn't mean what it used to.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs