How does the Veil fit into our society?

How does the Veil fit into our society?

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:46 pm

OK, about time we have a tread about it....I would like to know what our member and guests really think about Muslim women wearing the Veil.

Here's my take on it.

It's intimidating, impersonal, you don't know whether it's a male or female underneath, could aid in terrorism and looks out of place in a modern society. I find it rather odd that we ( the west ) are so tolerant towards Muslims when we ( western women ) could actually get executed for wearing a short skirt, T-shirt, shorts, bikini etc in some of those veiled women's country of origin. Does it not make sense that anyone from a different country who chooses to live in the liberal modern western world should adapt, conform and integrate?

That's exactly what's required of women from the west when the visit or choose to live in an Arabic country. So why can "we" not ask for the same respect? To be perfectly honest, I find those black garbs rather offensive and ugly, that's what women wore in medieval times FGS..Is it not enough already that just about every European country has Mosques all over the place to satisfy the Muslim population? (How many Christian Churches can we find in Muslim countries?) Is it not enough that public forms to be filled in, are also written in Arabic? Is it not enough that housing, health care and benefits are supplied? Is it not enough that there are NO GO ZONES for none Muslims in your own country? Why don't so many people have pride in their country and its tradition anymore? What makes a multi cultural society so desirable to risk losing your own?

I'm not asking for Muslim women to walk around with their boobs hanging out, nothing wrong with a nice head scarf, but what would be wrong with a nice but demure western outfits, those black sheets that cover them from top to bottom are just vile, ugly, frankly insulting and have no place in a modern sophisticated world.
Holly
Site Admin

Re: How does the Veil fit into out society?

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Doesn't bother me what people wear or don't wear. Well, actually it does tbh but I won't let it lead me down the path of authoritarianism.
McAz

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:00 pm

McAz wrote:Doesn't bother me what people wear or don't wear. Well, actually it does tbh but I won't let it lead me down the path of authoritarianism.

Fair enough, I AM actually really interested in what others think.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:Doesn't bother me what people wear or don't wear. Well, actually it does tbh but I won't let it lead me down the path of authoritarianism.

I'm not stopping them - or the inevitable rant against Muslims. :bored:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:09 pm

A neighbour of mine wears one.
She's a single parent.
She also wears a pollution mask.
She wears it because she wants to.
She reckons gross seriously obese women should wear them instead of torturing us with their layers of fat and cellulite.
Innit

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not just you :header: ...and I'm not interested in any anti Muslim rant, that is not the purpose of this thread, I'm interested in how others feel about veiled women....that's basically it.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not just you :header: ...and I'm not interested in any anti Muslim rant, that is not the purpose of this thread, I'm interested in how others feel about veiled women....that's basically it.

And yet it took you three comprehensive and largely anti-Muslim paragraphs to ask that basic question - yes, clearly you have exercised your entitlement to an opinion. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

The Muslim veil /binbag has NO place in the UK.
It's a blatant attempt to make it clear the wearer has NO intention of integration.

It also goes against all the progress that has been made for equality for women.

No right minded person would choose to wear it, specially in summer, which just goes to show the lengths some muslims will go to in order to impose islamic practices on to the UK.

Good thread Holly, let's hope nobody tries to derail it...

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Guest wrote:

She's a single parent.
She reckons gross seriously obese women should wear them instead of torturing us with their layers of fat and cellulite.
Innit

Tbh, I dislike them - but I dislike hate and intolerance more. Over the week-end I attended a festival celebrating British folk culture and art. As always there was the inevitable middle-class hippie drongoes who had appropriated the dress of Africans, indigenous South Americans, Asians etc. I didn't think it was appropriate - clashed with the Morris men - but hell, live and let live. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm not a fan, but I think you have to let people wear what they want. I think I have only seen one woman wearing one, and we have a fairly substantial population of muslims in North Texas. I do see plenty of women with a scarf (for modesty) and painted on jeans. :)
Maddog

Re: How does the Veil fit into our society?

Postby Puzzler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm

The scum who choose to wear the niqab in this country do so knowing full well it represents the Al Khansaa brigade of ISIS, and islamism in general - it's no different to wearing an SS uniform IMO.
Puzzler

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:

She's a single parent.
Innit

Tbh, I dislike them - but I dislike hate and intolerance more. Over the week-end I attended a festival celebrating British folk culture and art. As always there was the inevitable middle-class hippie drongoes who had appropriated the dress of Africans, indigenous South Americans, Asians etc. I didn't think it was appropriate - clashed with the Morris men - but hell, live and let live. :dunno:

Yeah she also laughs at the morons who reckon she isn't integrating.
She's got a better Surrey accent than I have.
She also has less pestering creepy blokes paying her attention since she started wearing it.
She tells the EDL/BNP/UKIP twats to fuck off and their faces when they hear the Surrey/London accent is priceless. :pmsl:

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 pm

As part of our wonderful, ever widening multicultural society, it fits in just fine.

Get over your own insecurities, all you haters, and live and let live.
Cannydc

Postby Keyser » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:10 pm

The Burqa and Niqab have no place in a modern Western democracy - human beings have evolved as social primates to pick up visual clues from micro expressions in people's faces.

It is deeply hard wired into our brains - no wonder this form of clothing makes most of us uncomfortable.

Such garments were almost unheard of in the UK (and elsewhere) only a few decades ago - now in some areas of our cities they are ubiquitous - Emmeline must be turning in her bloody grave.

The Hijab is fine because you can actually see who you are communicating with.
Keyser

Postby Puzzler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:

She's a single parent.
Innit

Yeah she also laughs at the morons who reckon she isn't integrating.
She's got a better Surrey accent than I have.
She also has less pestering creepy blokes paying her attention since she started wearing it.
She tells the EDL/BNP/UKIP twats to fuck off and their faces when they hear the Surrey/London accent is priceless. :pmsl:

See my post above. Nice shoehorning of your feminazi issues into the thread btw. I doubt your 'friend' even exists.
Puzzler

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs