Explosion On London Underground.

Re: Explosion On London Underground.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Where do you think 90% of a low paid workers money goes then? Next?, Sainsbury's?, mortgages on minimum wage? ..... :roll:

The lions share of almost every immigrant worker's wages goes straight back home to their originating country, without ever seeing a cash register here. Why do you think there are so many Western Union money transfer outlets in the poorer urban areas of our cities? :shake head:

So they help their mamas and papas? They still spend money here and you don't know what proportion.
Family values huh, what a selfish bunch they are.

Helping their own families is fine, in fact it's what British people like me want to do for our own, only we can't because foreigners have jumped the queue - of course I understand they are far more important than us.

in what way have you been stopped from helping your family by a foreigner?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:17 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Where do you think 90% of a low paid workers money goes then? Next?, Sainsbury's?, mortgages on minimum wage? ..... :roll:

The lions share of almost every immigrant worker's wages goes straight back home to their originating country, without ever seeing a cash register here. Why do you think there are so many Western Union money transfer outlets in the poorer urban areas of our cities? :shake head:

So they help their mamas and papas? They still spend money here and you don't know what proportion.

Helping their own families is fine, in fact it's what British people like me want to do for our own, only we can't because foreigners have jumped the queue - of course I understand they are far more important than us.

Well for instance mine and millions of other workers wages have either stagnated or been reduced because of the influx of cheap immigrant labour. Thats not a guess, it has been proved and admitted by government.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Well for instance mine and millions of other workers wages have either stagnated or been reduced because of the influx of cheap immigrant labour. Thats not a guess, it has been proved and admitted by government.

The govt have admitted it? I thought they were blaming the global banking crisis, or more specifically labour for leaving us in debt.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:38 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:The govt have admitted it? I thought they were blaming the global banking crisis, or more specifically labour for leaving us in debt.

That's my impression as well. As far as I remember I thought the consensus was that it had a neutral impact or a modest downward pressure on British workers who were in direct competition with immigrants.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 am

'The govt have admitted it? I thought they were blaming the global banking crisis, or more specifically labour for leaving us in debt.'

Thats as maybe but they have also admitted that mass immigration has had a detrimental and retrogarde effect on millions of British workers wages and lifestyles.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:54 am

Trapper John wrote:'The govt have admitted it? I thought they were blaming the global banking crisis, or more specifically labour for leaving us in debt.'

Thats as maybe but they have also admitted that mass immigration has had a detrimental and retrogarde effect on millions of British workers wages and lifestyles.

Where/when have they stated this?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:57 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:The govt have admitted it? I thought they were blaming the global banking crisis, or more specifically labour for leaving us in debt.

That's my impression as well. As far as I remember I thought the consensus was that it had a neutral impact or a modest downward pressure on British workers who were in direct competition with immigrants.

Have they? Yet they still talk about bringing more immigrants in from outside the Eu? :scratch:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Have they? Yet they still talk about bringing more immigrants in from outside the Eu? :scratch:

That is my recollection but I could be wrong though. I think the focus now is on high skilled immigration in smaller numbers than mass immigration (which seems sensible to me.)

I'm a little cynical about the motivation of politicians though as I think they are using the immigration debate to dodge difficult questions on the impact of automation on the labour market and how they intend to deal with it.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

That is my recollection but I could be wrong though. I think the focus now is on high skilled immigration in smaller numbers than mass immigration (which seems sensible to me.)

I'm a little cynical about the motivation of politicians though as I think they are using the immigration debate to dodge difficult questions on the impact of automation on the labour market and how they intend to deal with it.

Yeah it is more sensible to have a better screening method for immigration.

Dealing with automation will mean more leisure time and different training for the workforce. The politicians seem out of the loop so avoid discussing it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:46 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Yeah it is more sensible to have a better screening method for immigration.

Dealing with automation will mean more leisure time and different training for the workforce. The politicians seem out of the loop so avoid discussing it.

Leisure time that this government will call unemployment.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:47 am

Trapper John wrote:'The govt have admitted it? I thought they were blaming the global banking crisis, or more specifically labour for leaving us in debt.'

Have they? :link:

Postby Markey mark » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

My partner is now in charge of a council housing department for a London council she manages over 30,000 properties, mostly within her council but this council does own properties in and around whole of London too , she told me of a year only 2% of new tenants are uk born that are housed by the council , the other 8% are non U.K born , some of them have only been here for weeks and get housed , normal wait normally a lot lot longer. She has a large team of staff who's only propose is to phone hotels and bed and breakfast the width and bridth of the country to find temporary accommodation for again mostly not U.K. Not born . I work all over London and know London like the back of my hand and most of the people I see sleeping in shop doorways are mostly white English , or see the odd black U.K. Born and sometimes see the odd Easter European,
Markey mark

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Absolute fallacy.

In fact, ALL the evidence points to the exact opposite.

The government have, it appears, suppressed NINE (yes, NINE) SEPARATE REPORTS stating the influx of immigrant labour has had little or no effect.

Cue the 'I ignore reports / experts' comments....

"Several academics have said there is little or no evidence to back up May’s long-standing claim that foreign workers undercut wages of their British-born counterparts.

But Cable revealed for the first time that up to nine reports had been kept quiet by the Home Office during his time in Government.

“When I was Business Secretary there were up to nine studies that we looked at that took in all the academic evidence,” he said.

“It showed that immigration had very little impact on wages or employment. But this was suppressed by the Home Office under Theresa May, because the results were inconvenient.

“I remember it vividly. Overwhelmingly it has been the case that overseas workers have been complimentary rather than competitive to British workers.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/t ... 4e440e95fa
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

My partner is now in charge of a council housing department for a London council she manages over 30,000 properties, mostly within her council but this council does own properties in and around whole of London too , she told me of a year only 2% of new tenants are uk born that are housed by the council , the other 8% are non U.K born , some of them have only been here for weeks and get housed , normal wait normally a lot lot longer. She has a large team of staff who's only propose is to phone hotels and bed and breakfast the width and bridth of the country to find temporary accommodation for again mostly not U.K. Not born . I work all over London and know London like the back of my hand and most of the people I see sleeping in shop doorways are mostly white English , or see the odd black U.K. Born and sometimes see the odd Easter European,

Another generalisation which isn't representative across the UK.

"Although most immigrants are likely to be eligible to apply for social housing, there is no evidence (once demographic, regional and economic circumstances are controlled for) that they have preferential access to social housing – if anything the reverse seems to be the case.

But it does seem that there is less discrimination against immigrants and ethnic minorities now than in the past and this removal of discrimination, coupled with a failure to increase the social housing stock, has reduced the availability of social housing for UK native households.

This is probably the source of some people’s perception of discrimination. They are probably right to think that the part of the population attracted to social housing has been neglected, but they are wrong to think that this neglect applies just to them and not to immigrants as well."

https://www.statslife.org.uk/social-sci ... al-housing
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 am

Markey mark wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Do you wear dungarees Mark?
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs