The End Of The Petrodollar?

Try To Keep it News Based Rather Than Racism/Muslim Droning.
Keep The Personal Insults And Trolling In The Arms.
And, Login Punk!

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Thankfully there are all of those FEMA camps for me to retire in. :)
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Maddog wrote:Thankfully there are all of those FEMA camps for me to retire in. :)

You just carry on in your dream like state Maddy.
Japan are so broke they have to print up the equivalent of eighty billion dollars a month to keep the show on the road.
How long do you think that can carry on for?
The American economy is a joke how long do you think it can go on for living on perpetual debt and endless wars?
It was the only show in town so business and investors had to play the only game available.
That's just changed.
How will your country pay you a pension?
Just print more money?
All the banks are broke and it's hidden by wallpaper.
The creation of this wallpaper cannot go on forever.
Western banking western economics went bankrupt some years ago and as you well know it has kept on gasping by the mass printing of fake money.
Do you think it can go on forever like that?
You have to accept that we are at an historic crossroads.
Western capitalism is bust and now there's another game in town where you can choose gold!
Mass produced worthless paper or gold?
More and more are choosing the gold and ditching your funny money.
Everyone knows you cannot pay your debts and will default.
But Maddy there's the bar tonight where you can bathe in the blue light and pretend it will all just go on forever.
Everything's rosy and always will be .... this is America!
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

All the Banks are Broke...
2 mins of simple truth ......
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:Thankfully there are all of those FEMA camps for me to retire in. :)

You just carry on in your dream like state Maddy.
Japan are so broke they have to print up the equivalent of eighty billion dollars a month to keep the show on the road.
How long do you think that can carry on for?
The American economy is a joke how long do you think it can go on for living on perpetual debt and endless wars?
It was the only show in town so business and investors had to play the only game available.
That's just changed.
How will your country pay you a pension?
Just print more money?
All the banks are broke and it's hidden by wallpaper.
The creation of this wallpaper cannot go on forever.
Western banking western economics went bankrupt some years ago and as you well know it has kept on gasping by the mass printing of fake money.
Do you think it can go on forever like that?
You have to accept that we are at an historic crossroads.
Western capitalism is bust and now there's another game in town where you can choose gold!
Mass produced worthless paper or gold?
More and more are choosing the gold and ditching your funny money.
Everyone knows you cannot pay your debts and will default.
But Maddy there's the bar tonight where you can bathe in the blue light and pretend it will all just go on forever.
Everything's rosy and always will be .... this is America!



It's not rosy. We have too much debt. We will either cut back on spending, or go broke. My money is on the latter, but I'm wrong a lot. :thumbsup:
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 am

Maddog wrote:https://www.economist.com/news/business/21688386-amid-surge-demand-rechargeable-batteries-companies-are-scrambling-supplies


This kinda lithium.



Doesnt say anything about planes. We're not going to be running planes on batteries anytime soon. Calm down cowboy.

Furthermore, currently most charging stations for cars are ultimately powered by fossil fuels.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:47 am

America is importing less and less oil which is also helping kill the petrodollar.
Arab nations have dollars stuffed to the rafters.
They can't see a lot of point in having them now America no longer by much of their product.
The whole world has dollars stuffed to the rafters and getting nervous about what the point is.
Are they going to worth less ... tomorrow or worthless pretty soon?
Either way you wouldn't really be wanting them much longer so time to get rid they're now thinking.
Qatar have just teamed up to do business with Iran to sell natural gas from a jointly owned massive field .... no dollars.
This one is a big shock to the Yanks hence Saudi being set on them like a vicious threatening dog.
Qatar seem to be putting two fingers up to Saudi and America and saying stuff you and your petrodollars we're doing business our way from now on .... hence the building of tensions between them.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:https://www.economist.com/news/business/21688386-amid-surge-demand-rechargeable-batteries-companies-are-scrambling-supplies


This kinda lithium.



Doesnt say anything about planes. We're not going to be running planes on batteries anytime soon. Calm down cowboy.

Furthermore, currently most charging stations for cars are ultimately powered by fossil fuels.


No it doesn't. There will be a need for petroleum 20 years from now. But that need will be greatly diminished. Oil companies will no longer be the largest companies on the planet. Energy companies might, but that will be a result of diversification into multiple energy sources, especially those that are renewable.
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:https://www.economist.com/news/business/21688386-amid-surge-demand-rechargeable-batteries-companies-are-scrambling-supplies


This kinda lithium.



Doesnt say anything about planes. We're not going to be running planes on batteries anytime soon. Calm down cowboy.

Furthermore, currently most charging stations for cars are ultimately powered by fossil fuels.


Or drones...

It doesn't take much imagination to see the aircraft of the future covered in solar panel type tech.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75871
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:https://www.economist.com/news/business/21688386-amid-surge-demand-rechargeable-batteries-companies-are-scrambling-supplies


This kinda lithium.



Doesnt say anything about planes. We're not going to be running planes on batteries anytime soon. Calm down cowboy.

Furthermore, currently most charging stations for cars are ultimately powered by fossil fuels.


Or drones...

It doesn't take much imagination to see the aircraft of the future covered in solar panel type tech.



While I don't own one, I have watched these clever little young fuckers fly their drones around. Seems they are entirely powered by electricity. No reason to believe that the same technology won't be powering larger drones, capable of carrying passengers, is too far into the future.

If you limit your use of electrical gizmos, and live in a fairly temperate climate, you can live off the grid now with solar power and batteries (assuming you can afford the upfront costs).
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:48 am

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-int ... B_DFWBrand


General Motors plans to go 100 percent electric, the Detroit automaker announced Monday.

"General Motors believes in an all-electric future," said Executive Vice President Mark Reuss. "Although that future won't happen overnight, GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers' needs."

A number of auto manufacturers have recently announced plans to "electrify" their product lines. But GM said its promise takes this commitment a step further, NBC News reported.

GM currently offers one extended-range electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt EV, but will add two others within 18 months, Reuss said, with "at least 20" to be in the line-up by 2023.
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 am

Maddog wrote:http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/GM-Going-All-Electric-Cars-No-Gas-Diesel-449123263.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand


General Motors plans to go 100 percent electric, the Detroit automaker announced Monday.

"General Motors believes in an all-electric future," said Executive Vice President Mark Reuss. "Although that future won't happen overnight, GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers' needs."

A number of auto manufacturers have recently announced plans to "electrify" their product lines. But GM said its promise takes this commitment a step further, NBC News reported.

GM currently offers one extended-range electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt EV, but will add two others within 18 months, Reuss said, with "at least 20" to be in the line-up by 2023.



How much coal will be needed to provide the electricity :ooer:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/GM-Going-All-Electric-Cars-No-Gas-Diesel-449123263.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand


General Motors plans to go 100 percent electric, the Detroit automaker announced Monday.

"General Motors believes in an all-electric future," said Executive Vice President Mark Reuss. "Although that future won't happen overnight, GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers' needs."

A number of auto manufacturers have recently announced plans to "electrify" their product lines. But GM said its promise takes this commitment a step further, NBC News reported.

GM currently offers one extended-range electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt EV, but will add two others within 18 months, Reuss said, with "at least 20" to be in the line-up by 2023.



How much coal will be needed to provide the electricity :ooer:



Not a lot. Electric plants are shifting en masse to natural gas because it's cheap and clean. Let's not forget that we already have solar powered docking stations for these cars.

The biggest problems with these cars from an environmental position is getting the raw materials for the batteries and disposing of the batteries.
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/GM-Going-All-Electric-Cars-No-Gas-Diesel-449123263.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand


General Motors plans to go 100 percent electric, the Detroit automaker announced Monday.

"General Motors believes in an all-electric future," said Executive Vice President Mark Reuss. "Although that future won't happen overnight, GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers' needs."

A number of auto manufacturers have recently announced plans to "electrify" their product lines. But GM said its promise takes this commitment a step further, NBC News reported.

GM currently offers one extended-range electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt EV, but will add two others within 18 months, Reuss said, with "at least 20" to be in the line-up by 2023.



How much coal will be needed to provide the electricity :ooer:




Not a lot. Electric plants are shifting en masse to natural gas because it's cheap and clean. Let's not forget that we already have solar powered docking stations for these cars.

The biggest problems with these cars from an environmental position is getting the raw materials for the batteries and disposing of the batteries.

Natural gas isn't clean.
It's cleaner but not clean.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Maddog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/GM-Going-All-Electric-Cars-No-Gas-Diesel-449123263.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand


General Motors plans to go 100 percent electric, the Detroit automaker announced Monday.

"General Motors believes in an all-electric future," said Executive Vice President Mark Reuss. "Although that future won't happen overnight, GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers' needs."

A number of auto manufacturers have recently announced plans to "electrify" their product lines. But GM said its promise takes this commitment a step further, NBC News reported.

GM currently offers one extended-range electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt EV, but will add two others within 18 months, Reuss said, with "at least 20" to be in the line-up by 2023.



How much coal will be needed to provide the electricity :ooer:




Not a lot. Electric plants are shifting en masse to natural gas because it's cheap and clean. Let's not forget that we already have solar powered docking stations for these cars.

The biggest problems with these cars from an environmental position is getting the raw materials for the batteries and disposing of the batteries.

Natural gas isn't clean.
It's cleaner but not clean.



Yup. Clean-ish.

Anyway, more and more electricity is being generated by renewables.

The mayor has recently been interviewed by a Dutch film crew and appeared on both NPR and MSNBC. He spoke last month at the Earth Optimism Summit in Washington, sponsored by the Smithsonian Conversation Commons. And in the coming months, he will take on the role of unlikely hero in three high-profile documentary films, including the sequel to Gore’s 2006 hit, "An Inconvenient Truth."

A volunteer politician from a little-known town in central Texas, Ross might otherwise be laboring at his more workaday tasks: issuing proclamations to residents who turn 100 and promoting the beauty of Georgetown’s central square. But he is becoming a national media darling because, in an era of hardened political boundaries, he has unapologetically colored outside ideological lines. He is a Republican, a conservative and a Donald Trump voter (with an asterisk on the last point) who is so committed to green energy he has pushed his city to become one of the first in the country to get all of its electricity from the wind and the sun.




https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/re ... er-n769056
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests