The End Of The Petrodollar?

Re: The End Of The Petrodollar?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 pm

US Sanctions Continue to Backfire: China Opens $10 Billion Credit Line for Iran

Assisting Tehran with sidestepping an ongoing Washington sanctions regime against the country, China has opened a $10 billion line of credit intended to finance energy, transportation, water and other key Iranian infrastructure projects.

While western banks remain cautious, particularly as Washington has imposed what many consider to be unnecessary financial blocks on Tehran, negotiations are progressing between banks in Austria, Denmark and Germany to provide a $22 billion credit line to Iran.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-sancti ... an/5609356

Seems more and more nations are putting two fingers up to America and their economic warfare against any who don't comply.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:Properties are worth nothing, until you try to sell them.

Sucking the perceived asset equity out in the form of loans is the stupidest financial thing people have done in the last 30 years.

Buy a house, live in the house. Trade up or down modestly as and when you need to move. It isn't a free-access bank account.

This above is actually right, I own a lot of houses. Everyone of them makes me money. My brother told me he wanted to sell his house and move into rented accommodation. I asked why, what was logic behind that. He said his house had devalued and he was in negative mortgage. I explained to him that as long as he could pay the mortgage then do so, because he'd only be paying a landlords mortgage if he moved into a rented place. A house is a home doesn't matter what it cost. It doesn't matter if you bought it for 50 grand and is now worth 150 grand.
He then asked me for a 30 grand loan, I asked him how would he pay me back and why would I trust him too if he was willing to walk away from other financial obligations? I told him no.

Postby Maddog » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Stooo wrote:Petrodollar end looming as China & allies dump it in oil trading

This is a literal threat of war.

The petrodollar will be gone at some point, because oil is going to be a much smaller factor in trade in the coming years. It will go back to being mostly a lubricant and not a fuel. When I go to the grocery store, there are parking spots to plug in your electric cars. When I appraise houses I'm starting to see solar panels on roofs, when 10 years ago they were mostly non existent. West Texas is full of wind farms. I read somewhere that kids born this year, will likely never own a petroleum powered car. And I live in Texas. There are other places way ahead of us in renewables, which is the way of the future as it makes so much sense

Now if you are talking about the dollar no longer being the reserve currency of the planet, I guess that's possible. Until 1945 it was the British Pound. The US dollar made more sense then. I'm not sure there another currency that makes more sense than the US dollar, but I guess the Yuan could at some point. If that happens, the US will survive, like the UK did in 1945.
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 am

Britain had a reserve currency status not a petro pound or anything similar.
We also had an empire of nations where you have an empire state ... again very different.
There has never been anything like the petrodollar and nothing economically so vast and intertwined.
Everyday every nation has to buy dollars just to purchase a vital called oil anywhere in the world.
The middle man making a mint who no one wants any longer.
This gives you pouring in to your economy every currency on earth which you then send back for wine cheese metals whatever.
Essentially you are getting the produce of the world for free ... for the cost of printing paper and you get to purchase oil with the very paper you alone print.
This is economic power no other nation comes anywhere near having and you still manage to end up twenty or more trillion dollars in debt!
Every economists discussing this situation is talking of hell on earth for America when it collapses.
The vast majority of the American public don't understand this or don't even know about it.
Tom for example talks of inheriting a property business from his dad.
Great business man Tom isn't as he has no clue what's going on!
You sound no better.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:09 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Britain had a reserve currency status not a petro pound or anything similar.
We also had an empire of nations where you have an empire state ... again very different.
There has never been anything like the petrodollar and nothing economically so vast and intertwined.
Everyday every nation has to buy dollars just to purchase a vital called oil anywhere in the world.
The middle man making a mint who no one wants any longer.
This gives you pouring in to your economy every currency on earth which you then send back for wine cheese metals whatever.
Essentially you are getting the produce of the world for free ... for the cost of printing paper and you get to purchase oil with the very paper you alone print.
This is economic power no other nation comes anywhere near having and you still manage to end up twenty or more trillion dollars in debt!
Every economists discussing this situation is talking of hell on earth for America when it collapses.
The vast majority of the American public don't understand this or don't even know about it.
Tom for example talks of inheriting a property business from his dad.
Great business man Tom isn't as he has no clue what's going on!
You sound no better.

It will be OK Jack. :)
Maddog

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Maddog wrote:

The petrodollar will be gone at some point, because oil is going to be a much smaller factor in trade in the coming years. It will go back to being mostly a lubricant and not a fuel. When I go to the grocery store, there are parking spots to plug in your electric cars. When I appraise houses I'm starting to see solar panels on roofs, when 10 years ago they were mostly non existent. West Texas is full of wind farms. I read somewhere that kids born this year, will likely never own a petroleum powered car. And I live in Texas. There are other places way ahead of us in renewables, which is the way of the future as it makes so much sense

Now if you are talking about the dollar no longer being the reserve currency of the planet, I guess that's possible. Until 1945 it was the British Pound. The US dollar made more sense then. I'm not sure there another currency that makes more sense than the US dollar, but I guess the Yuan could at some point. If that happens, the US will survive, like the UK did in 1945.

Wind power and solar panels will be powering airplanes?

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Elon Musk is probably onto it :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Probably not, but oil will be going the way of coal. Used far less than it used to. Might be talking about lithium dollars in the future. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:50 am

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Probably not, but oil will be going the way of coal. Used far less than it used to. Might be talking about lithium dollars in the future. :ooer:

As in the lithium that causes planes to blow up?

Postby Maddog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:17 pm

Maddog

Postby Kurt Cobain » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Maddog wrote:https://www.economist.com/news/business/21688386-amid-surge-demand-rechargeable-batteries-companies-are-scrambling-supplies

This kinda lithium.

this one is the best

I suppose everyone adopting the Chinese currency will help Trump Inc whose stuff is manufactured there :gigglesnshit:

When is the globalist going to relocate back to USA?
Kurt Cobain

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm

The writing is on the wall in many ways for America.
The American people of course will be the last recognise how insane their nation has become.
There is no such thing as democracy in America.
Saying there is is some kind of sick joke.
Big business always wins.
The people have no say whatsoever and haven't had for quite sometime.
America is the biggest rouge nation on earth.
The most dangerous nation based on greed and power.
Britain had similar times but it was nothing compared to this monster.
This monster threatens the entire world .... everyday.
Nice to see certain empty seats .... important empty seats.

Trump’s “Mein Kampf” Tirade at the United Nations
https://www.globalresearch.ca/trumps-me ... ns/5610036
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 pm

By Paul Craig Roberts

More Thoughts on Trump’s UN Declaration of War Against Iran and North Korea

..... in terms of his campaign promise to remove Washington from the “policeman of the world” role, exit the Middle East, and repair the damaged relations with Russia, is over. The CIA and the military/security complex are in full control of the US government. Trump has accepted his captivity and his assigned role as the enforcer of Washington’s hegemony over every other country. Washington uber alles is the only foreign policy that Washington pursues.

At the UN Trump actually threatened to wipe North Korea off of the face of the earth. He added to this threat threats against Venezuela (http://stephenlendman.org/2017/09/trump ... venezuela/) and Iran. He demonized these countries as “rogue states,” but it is Washington that is playing that role. Washington has destroyed in whole or part eight countries in the young 21st century .......

Washington, absorbed in its effort to destroy Syria, left it to its Saudi Arabian puppet to destroy Yemen. The Saudi autocracy, a major sponsor with the US of terrorism, has done a good job, thanks to US supplying the weapons and to the US refueling the Saudi attack airplanes. This totally gratuitous war has helped to maximize the profits of the American military/security complex, a collection of evil never before present on the face of the earth. UNICEF reports that one million Yemeni children will be the victims of “American compassion” of which Trump bragged in the CIA’s UN speech.

To be frank. The point is this. Unless Russia and China can take out the US, the US will take out Russia and China. The only question is who strikes first. The only way to avoid this is for Russia and China to surrender and accept Washington’s hegemony. This is the firm undeviating path on which the neoconservatives, the CIA, and the military/security complex have set the United States. The entire point of North Korea is US nuclear missiles on China’s border. The entire point of Iran is US nuclear missiles on Russia’s border.
As far as I can ascertain, hardly anyone is aware that Armageddon is just around the corner. There is no protest from the Western presstitutes, a collection of whores. In the US the only protests are against ancient “civil war” statues, which the ignorant rabble say are symbols of black slavery. There is no peace movement and no peace marches. In London the transgendered and the radical feminists are protesting one another, engaging in fist fights in Hyde Park. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rally.html No one seems to have any awareness.

In US online propaganda websites such as Americans for Limited Government—funded by who? serving who?—endorse Trump’s destabilizing UN speech as a non-threat to world peace:

“President Trump has provided a cogent and inspiring defense of America and the American constitutional system of governance to the world not as imposition but an example to be followed, while at the same time respecting the sovereignty of other nations. However, the President also made it clear to those nations that threaten humanity with nuclear destruction [which Washington has done to N. Korea and Iran] that th>>>>>>> more depressing reading here ....
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/47853.htm
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm

The brainwashed American public love the exceptional people tag .... another Nazi ideology.
That exceptional that they have been a mere blip in history regarding science military might and economy.
China India and Asia in general have thousands of years history culture science maths engineering medicine and trade.
For twenty years they have been buying up the gold.
The world is now moving once again to a gold backed economy.
Bundles of paper are no longer what people want long term.
Whether that paper be called money or bonds or whatever.
It looks like they are going to clean up the rest of the gold very shortly but don't want to rush as that would push the price of gold up to quickly.
Of course Russia China India want the price of their gold to be as high as possible but that's once they own it.
They are buying this gold not with their own currencies but with dollars and dollar debt that they hold but the buyers are wising up so it will be soon when they ditch their remaining dollars.
When they do that the value of the dollar which has nothing to back it will fall in value probably that rapidly that it will collapse.
The price of gold will rocket making the currencies in China Russia and India very attractive indeed and that is what is happening now.
The blip on the screen called America will disappear from the world stage and the wealth and power will return to Asia where it rested for thousands of years.
One problem and it's a big one.
America is a militarised nation and has bases all over the planet especially where there's oil.
So America will become more and more aggressive and dangerous as can be seen from the opening of this century.
At this point they are doing what no other nation has ever done in threatening to wipe a country and it's twenty five million people out completely.
In Asia.
America is bankrupt.
Busted with no way out.
It is surviving on wallpaper money and the last gasps of the petrodollar.
As an oil exporter it will be able to survive but with all those trillions of dollars coming back home they are going to have to burn most of it.
They will have to remove dollars by the ton after ton after ton domestically and internationally causing a massive asset price collapse.
In the mist of this huge geopolitical economic tsunami Britain decides to go it alone!
Europe by sheer size and closeness to Russia Iran India China with historical ties etc will have a huge buffer from this tsunami and is poised to integrate into the new reality.
The birth of the Eurasian super state made up of diverse nations with real money based on gold.
The blip that was America will become a very second rate war like nation that will have to invade the whole of S America to have any chance of recovering it's living standards and influence on the world stage.
A much diminished influence but influence none the less.
Britain and the pound will be where?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The brainwashed American public love the exceptional people tag .... another Nazi ideology.
That exceptional that they have been a mere blip in history regarding science military might and economy.
China India and Asia in general have thousands of years history culture science maths engineering medicine and trade.
For twenty years they have been buying up the gold.
The world is now moving once again to a gold backed economy.
Bundles of paper are no longer what people want long term.
Whether that paper be called money or bonds or whatever.
It looks like they are going to clean up the rest of the gold very shortly but don't want to rush as that would push the price of gold up to quickly.
Of course Russia China India want the price of their gold to be as high as possible but that's once they own it.
They are buying this gold not with their own currencies but with dollars and dollar debt that they hold but the buyers are wising up so it will be soon when they ditch their remaining dollars.
When they do that the value of the dollar which has nothing to back it will fall in value probably that rapidly that it will collapse.
The price of gold will rocket making the currencies in China Russia and India very attractive indeed and that is what is happening now.
The blip on the screen called America will disappear from the world stage and the wealth and power will return to Asia where it rested for thousands of years.
One problem and it's a big one.
America is a militarised nation and has bases all over the planet especially where there's oil.
So America will become more and more aggressive and dangerous as can be seen from the opening of this century.
At this point they are doing what no other nation has ever done in threatening to wipe a country and it's twenty five million people out completely.
In Asia.
America is bankrupt.
Busted with no way out.
It is surviving on wallpaper money and the last gasps of the petrodollar.
As an oil exporter it will be able to survive but with all those trillions of dollars coming back home they are going to have to burn most of it.
They will have to remove dollars by the ton after ton after ton domestically and internationally causing a massive asset price collapse.
In the mist of this huge geopolitical economic tsunami Britain decides to go it alone!
Europe by sheer size and closeness to Russia Iran India China with historical ties etc will have a huge buffer from this tsunami and is poised to integrate into the new reality.
The birth of the Eurasian super state made up of diverse nations with real money based on gold.
The blip that was America will become a very second rate war like nation that will have to invade the whole of S America to have any chance of recovering it's living standards and influence on the world stage.
A much diminished influence but influence none the less.
Britain and the pound will be where?

I've been making this post for about ten years.
At last I can see it actually happening.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs