So how is Trump doing so far?

Re: So how is Trump doing so far?

Postby wutang » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Also dont forget that even conservative hero Reagan favoured legalisation over deportation

wutang

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:32 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:
This numbers surprise me. Are they for what we call "dreamers" which are children brought here, not adults who sneak in?

Even if it is just dreamers then the repeal of DACA was a massive own-goal unless they fast track a 'legalise them all' bill before the deportations happen.

I think the idea is to get some legislation passed. The Trump administration was in an awkward position. States were suing the federal government over DACA which was an Obama executive order. Trump was going to have to defend that EO. He rescinded it, which is the right thing to do. Make Congress do their job, which is to legislate.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:20 pm

This could be just an example of the broken clock adage, but at least it's a positive move.

Trump Nominates Libertarian-Minded Texas Justice Don Willett to U.S. Appellate Court.

Willett has been equally outspoken when it comes to government malfeasance in the criminal justice realm. When the Texas Supreme Court refused to hear the 2014 asset forfeiture case Zaher El-Ali v. Texas, for instance, Willett filed a sharp and memorable dissent. "Does our Constitution have anything to say about a 'presumed guilty' proceeding in which citizens are not arrested or tried, much less convicted, but are nonetheless punished, losing everything they've worked for?" he complained.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/28/trump ... nded-texas
Maddog

Postby wutang » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Maddog wrote:I think the idea is to get some legislation passed. The Trump administration was in an awkward position. States were suing the federal government over DACA which was an Obama executive order. Trump was going to have to defend that EO. He rescinded it, which is the right thing to do. Make Congress do their job, which is to legislate.

The problem is how can the GOP get similar legislation through when the anti-immigration wing of the party wont have it.

At the same time the majority of Americans support the DACA program and want amnesty - I can see that being very popular with conservatives :ooer: .

A Washington Post/ABC News poll out this week finds 86 percent of those surveyed support allowing the Dreamers to stay in the U.S. The same survey shows more than two-thirds of adults — 69 percent — support the DACA program "strongly."

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/29/554073453 ... e-daca-fix
wutang

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Maddog wrote:This could be just an example of the broken clock adage, but at least it's a positive move.

Trump Nominates Libertarian-Minded Texas Justice Don Willett to U.S. Appellate Court.

Willett has been equally outspoken when it comes to government malfeasance in the criminal justice realm. When the Texas Supreme Court refused to hear the 2014 asset forfeiture case Zaher El-Ali v. Texas, for instance, Willett filed a sharp and memorable dissent. "Does our Constitution have anything to say about a 'presumed guilty' proceeding in which citizens are not arrested or tried, much less convicted, but are nonetheless punished, losing everything they've worked for?" he complained.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/28/trump ... nded-texas

FFS Willett? Really?
FFS Trump really is a senile moron.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

played golf
tweeted alot
otherwise fuck all really..
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Fucktard leftists in europistan are so laughable, not to mention uninformed and predictable....

The fucktards in the US know better tho, hence their collective fucktard meltdown :mrgreen: :gigglesnshit:

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:56 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:I think the idea is to get some legislation passed. The Trump administration was in an awkward position. States were suing the federal government over DACA which was an Obama executive order. Trump was going to have to defend that EO. He rescinded it, which is the right thing to do. Make Congress do their job, which is to legislate.

The problem is how can the GOP get similar legislation through when the anti-immigration wing of the party wont have it.

At the same time the majority of Americans support the DACA program and want amnesty - I can see that being very popular with conservatives :ooer: .

A Washington Post/ABC News poll out this week finds 86 percent of those surveyed support allowing the Dreamers to stay in the U.S. The same survey shows more than two-thirds of adults — 69 percent — support the DACA program "strongly."

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/29/554073453 ... e-daca-fix

My very conservative representative supports letting the dreamers stay. It has raised the ire of some conservatives around here, but probably not enough that he will change his mind. Most people understand that these kids did not choose where they end up and shipping a 22 year old back to Mexico when they left there when they were 4 is not good idea.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:played golf
tweeted alot

He should be in the Twitter hall of fame.
Maddog

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:played golf
tweeted alot

Twitter hall of fame.

that you would even speak of such a thing......
:monkey:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Text » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:18 pm

wutang wrote:
Guest wrote:3.1% GDP for the last quarter...
Not bad for someone supposedly not accomplishing much.

Best number since 2015... so Obama achieved the same thing.

Of course both were benefiting from a strengthening GLOBAL economic situation.

The state of the US economy in 2008 when Obama took over was ROCK BOTTOM. An absolute mess. He turned things round. People often forget what a mountain he had to climb. But I remember it well, it was only 8 years ago.
Text

Postby Text » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Trump is doing fine in doing what he's told and that's keep everything on course as set years ago.

Keep the wars going keep the debt going now he's joined the swamp just keep on rolling along.

Lol Rollup. Love that dry humour.... :laughing:
Text

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:57 pm

Canary wrote:
wutang wrote:

The state of the US economy in 2008 when Obama took over was ROCK BOTTOM. An absolute mess. He turned things round. People often forget what a mountain he had to climb. But I remember it well, it was only 8 years ago.

When the economy is at the bottom is when it's the easiest to show great gains in GDP. The US economy will always correct itself, even if nothing is done. We had a fairly slow recovery by historic standards. I wouldn't pat Obama on the back too much for our economy during his term. I also wouldn't give Trump much credit for our recent jump in GDP. Not yet anyway. Presidents get far too much credit and blame for things that are somewhat cyclical.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:19 am

Maddog wrote:
Canary wrote:
wutang wrote:

When the economy is at the bottom is when it's the easiest to show great gains in GDP. The US economy will always correct itself, even if nothing is done. We had a fairly slow recovery by historic standards. I wouldn't pat Obama on the back too much for our economy during his term. I also wouldn't give Trump much credit for our recent jump in GDP. Not yet anyway. Presidents get far too much credit and blame for things that are somewhat cyclical.

So the reg slashing has had nothing to do with it?

Postby Puzzler » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:31 am

wutang wrote:Also dont forget that even conservative hero Reagan favoured legalisation over deportation

He was just another cuck then. He favoured being able to get cheap Mexican labour over his own people. What a CUNT.
Puzzler

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs