The Knives Come Out For May

The Knives Come Out For May

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Buckingham Palace was left infuriated with Theresa May's behaviour after her general election disaster plunged the Prime Minister into a personal "crisis of confidence".

Senior courtiers were exasperated that May misled the Queen by saying she had a deal with the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) only to take another 17 days to nail it down, and then went on to breach protocol in the way she announced her intention to form a government.

The delay led to irritation at May's lack of "courtesy", as the Queen's speech was delayed for two days, meaning the state opening of Parliament disrupted plans for Royal Ascot.

Following the inferno at Grenfell Tower the week after the election, Downing Street staff became so worried about the prime minister's welfare that one suggested sending for an SAS officer to give her a pep talk to boost her resilience.

May's problems led to tensions with Buckingham Palace, where the Queen's private secretary was unable to get answers from No 10 about the status of the DUP deal or about rumours that May was on the verge of resigning.

Details of the post-election period are contained in a new book, Fall out: A Year of Political Mayhem, Serialised in the Sunday Times today.

It reveals that the Prime Minister repeatedly broke down in tears after surrendering the Conservative majority and went in to a spiral after she faced widespread criticism for failing to meet victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.

She had to have her makeup redone before she visited the Queen because she had been crying. Aides grew concerned that she might not be able to go on. "She looked tired and I didn't think she was thinking straight", one said.

By the Friday after the week of the election, a senior political appointee decided help was needed, saying "she was absolutely beaten, grey-skinned. I've seen people with shell shock and she looked worse than that".

The official suggested to Gavin Barwell, May's new chif of staff, that he get member of the SAS to speak to May about "resilience".

The aide said "I can get you former special forces commanders ... people who have been in crunching encounters. They will realise it is in the national interest to keep her on track and keep her going". The offer was not taken up.

According to a Tory who has discussed the events with a senior member of the Royal Household: "There was a high degree of uncertainty about whether Theresa May would survive".

May had been to see the Queen the day after the election, an encounter the monarch appears not to have relished(?). In the private audiences between the Queen and Mrs May, I don't think the Queen finds any easier company than anyone else", the source said.

Might as well get it over with Treeza and force yet another election, who knew that brexit would be such fun?

Bozza has timed this perfectly.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: The Knives Come Out For May

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:17 pm

These looters crooks and debtors are not fit for office.
They need chucking out now.
I wonder if it would be possible to get our money back from this group of millionair toffs.
The money they have looted.
Make them pay the money they have borrowed for God knows what!
This has to be the worst government this country has ever had.
The rope and lamppost party might well be on the horizon.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:13 am

Tory HQ: What we need to bring it all back is a war...with Boris at the helm.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:These looters crooks and debtors are not fit for office.
I wonder if it would be possible to get our money back from this group of millionair toffs.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... e-13699074
Cannydc

Postby Markey mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Third hand news from the queen staff, wouldn’t take to much notice
Markey mark

Postby Cannydc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Markey mark wrote:Third hand news from the queen staff, wouldn’t take to much notice

Can you actually read ?

The story is part of a serialisation of a book by Tim Shipman. Tim Shipman is the political editor of the Sunday Times. He has been a national newspaper journalist since 1997. He does not, nor ever has worked for the palace.
Cannydc

Postby Markey mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Third hand news from the queen staff, wouldn’t take to much notice

Can you actually read ?

The story is part of a serialisation of a book by Tim Shipman. Tim Shipman is the political editor of the Sunday Times. He has been a national newspaper journalist since 1997. He does not, nor ever has worked for the palace.

My fault , just doing what many on here do , read someone’s post , then add a load of bullocks,
Markey mark

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Can you actually read ?

My fault , just doing what many on here do , read someone’s post , then add a load of bullocks,

So how long does it take to fact check a load of obvious bollocks?

I'm happy to tear down lies from both sides, I want people to know the truth, not fact checking is disingenuous.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Markey mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Can you actually read ?

So how long does it take to fact check a load of obvious bollocks?

I'm happy to tear down lies from both sides, I want people to know the truth, not fact checking is disingenuous.

Not to sure you do , tear down lies from both side stoo , your more open minded than many posters on here , but years ago you were very one sided , but have grown older and more wiser
Markey mark

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:

Can you actually read ?

Markey will have someone inside the palace reporting to him directly.
A sister or aunt who earns more than the prime minister.
Not just a candle and boot polisher obviously.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 pm

I feel sorry for her after yesterday and feel she is being treated unfairly.
I watched the whole speech in full on the Parliament channel and its nowhere near as dramatic as as the media is making out.
Sack someone from one of the most important offices in the land for having a cough and sore throat that interfered with a good PR opportunity? That's insane.
As for the prankster what crap security. He could have been violent and he got that close to the PM and the cabinet including the home secretary. Shocking truly.

Some in the media especially powerful media barons seem to have an agenda to force her from office.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:These looters crooks and debtors are not fit for office.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... e-13699074

:thumbsup:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:36 pm

So murdoch press is a good source now is it lefties? :gigglesnshit:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Guest wrote:So murdoch press is a good source now is it lefties? :gigglesnshit:

No, they're cunts.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:13 am

Guest wrote:I feel sorry for her after yesterday and feel she is being treated unfairly.
I watched the whole speech in full on the Parliament channel and its nowhere near as dramatic as as the media is making out.
Sack someone from one of the most important offices in the land for having a cough and sore throat that interfered with a good PR opportunity? That's insane.
As for the prankster what crap security. He could have been violent and he got that close to the PM and the cabinet including the home secretary. Shocking truly.

Some in the media especially powerful media barons seem to have an agenda to force her from office.

It would never be about that speech, poor though it was.

It would be about the inept decision making from the very top. The in-fighting. The lack of discipline. The dire lack of talent. And people waking up to the fact that, having been one of the worst Home Secretaries in living memory, Mrs May has simply carried on in that manner as PM. A wet rag, no authority waste of oxygen.

I wouldn't want her as my boss - why should the country ?
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs