Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Re: Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Postby Keyser » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:Firstly RIP to all those innocent victims and my deep condolences to their friends and families. :shake head:

Nothing will ever be done - the gun lobby in America is far too powerful and the NRA is a huge supporter of Trump and vice-versa.

In fact the NRA will probably call for even more gun rights very shortly.

Many of them are simply fucking bonkers.

It is not 1791 anymore.

I always remember Obama's distraught and tearful frustration at not being able to pass any meaningful laws to combat this neverending slaughter.

People like Paddock can just pop in to their local shop and buy a automatic rifle or machine gun.

FFS - I simply despair.

You can't pop into a local shop and buy an automatic rifle. Only a very tiny percentage of Americans can possess an automatic rifle.

If this guy had an automatic rifle, it was likely an illegal one.

It said on the news earlier (I forget which side) that it was possible to purchase a machine gun in some states in America MD!

I am (of course) not as well versed in US gun laws as you are though.

What are the rules in Texas?

Machine guns are regulated by the federal government. You have to have a very special license to purchase one.

The problem with most news reports is they confuse semi automatic with fully automatic. Semi automatic only fires one bullet for every pull of the trigger. Fully automatics shoot rounds as long as the trigger remains pulled.

This guy had 10 rifles and had set up the room to maximise the amount of rounds he could fire.

Thanks for that reply MD. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:18 pm

This may be one of those cases like Charles Whitman in Austin 50 years ago. No one knows for sure, but a brain tumor may have led to his actions.
Maddog

Postby Keyser » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Maddog wrote:This may be one of those cases like Charles Whitman in Austin 50 years ago. No one knows for sure, but a brain tumor may have led to his actions.

That crossed my mind - I expect the Post-mortem details will reveal if that is the case.

The primitive power of the Amygdala is well known in both human and animal behaviour.
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Post 164 on the DS thread with a Youtube link to some fucking moron shouting 'come on pussy' stood up with his arms spread wide whilst everyone else was sensibly running or lying close to the ground.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... s-vegas/p7

Walking brain death in action. :roll: :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Well phew it wasn't a terrorist attack

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Lambert wrote:50 dead now. I wonder what his reason was.

This is grim. 200 inured too, so it could keep on rising too. :shake head:

The NRA gun lobby will call for a civil war if anyone tries to remove their guns

No point mentioning gun control. Our pet yanks on here are all 'licensed carriers' and think owning a gun keeps you safe and is a good idea.

When immigrants murder people in your streets, do you call for immigration control?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:The gunman hasn't been named but police have said he was 64 years old.

Stephen Paddock. Married to Marilou Danley.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-picture-gunman-stephen-paddock-11274144

Why, just why? What on earth would cause him to do this? :dunno:

Mental health issues? Or maybe a Trump supporter, which is kind of the same thing...

The only supporter to shoot anybody was a BERNIE supporter who hunted down (with the aid of the nyt) and shot several congressman. But dint let facts get in your way.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:04 pm

This #LasVegasShooting is the 40th mass shooting in the US (3+ killed) since 2010 and the worst in modern US history.
(@franzstrasser)

Go Trump
bigger and better than Obama

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:Firstly RIP to all those innocent victims and my deep condolences to their friends and families. :shake head:

Nothing will ever be done - the gun lobby in America is far too powerful and the NRA is a huge supporter of Trump and vice-versa.

It is not 1791 anymore.

I always remember Obama's distraught and tearful frustration at not being able to pass any meaningful laws to combat this neverending slaughter.

People like Paddock can just pop in to their local shop and buy a automatic rifle or machine gun.

FFS - I simply despair.

You can't pop into a local shop and buy an automatic rifle. Only a very tiny percentage of Americans can possess an automatic rifle.

Slam trigger.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:This may be one of those cases like Charles Whitman in Austin 50 years ago. No one knows for sure, but a brain tumor may have led to his actions.

That crossed my mind - I expect the Post-mortem details will reveal if that is the case.

The primitive power of the Amygdala is well known in both human and animal behaviour.

Depends on how much matter they can scrape off of the walls and ceiling.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:

The NRA gun lobby will call for a civil war if anyone tries to remove their guns

No point mentioning gun control. Our pet yanks on here are all 'licensed carriers' and think owning a gun keeps you safe and is a good idea.

When immigrants murder people in your streets, do you call for immigration control?

However if it had been ISIS related (which it is not) I suspect ‘now' would have been the time to talk about immigration and refugees

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:

I would if people started stabbing other people with immigrants you thick cunt.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Guest wrote:However if it had been ISIS related (which it is not) I suspect ‘now' would have been the time to talk about immigration and refugees

It used to be called forum sliding before all of the IPs came from Russia.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Maddog

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It is not 1791 anymore.

FFS - I simply despair.

Slam trigger.

That's possible. And I guess if you are shooting two guns at once it could sound like a fully auto. The cadence was what a slam trigger often sounds like. Or a very heavy fully auto, like an AA gun.

Guess we will find out soon enough. I just read a report where they said he had 20 weapons including handguns.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs