Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Re: Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:The gunman hasn't been named but police have said he was 64 years old.

Stephen Paddock. Married to Marilou Danley.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-picture-gunman-stephen-paddock-11274144

Why, just why? What on earth would cause him to do this? :dunno:

Mental health issues? Or maybe a Trump supporter, which is kind of the same thing...

but America needs christian fundamentalists with guns
so what if thirty of them a year shoot up the local populace?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Lambert wrote:50 dead now. I wonder what his reason was.

This is grim. 200 inured too, so it could keep on rising too. :shake head:

The NRA gun lobby will call for a civil war if anyone tries to remove their guns

No point mentioning gun control. Our pet yanks on here are all 'licensed carriers' and think owning a gun keeps you safe and is a good idea.

sure kept those las vegans safe

Postby Vicky » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm

The number of people injured has now risen to four hundred and six.

I don't know much about guns, but it must have been some kind of machine gun to kill and injure so many people in such a short space of time.
Vicky

Postby Vam » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Reports that Paddock had already killed himself prior to the police breaking into his hotel room.

Not hard to see the reasoning behind that - running on pure adrenaline, after endless rounds of rapid fire mass shooting at the crowds below. In the heat of the moment, it probably only took a second or two to then turn a gun onto himself. One final 'fuck you!' act of defiance, I guess :dunno:
Vam

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Sounds like a fully automatic weapon, not that it really matters. If you can fire one round a second for 10 minutes you can unleash 600 rounds.

I wonder if the target was random or was chosen for a reason?
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:

The NRA gun lobby will call for a civil war if anyone tries to remove their guns

No point mentioning gun control. Our pet yanks on here are all 'licensed carriers' and think owning a gun keeps you safe and is a good idea.

I'm no ones pet.

I don't have a license to carry anything.

We have all sorts of him control.
Maddog

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Maddog wrote:Sounds like a fully automatic weapon, not that it really matters. If you can fire one round a second for 10 minutes you can unleash 600 rounds.

It doesn't seem that the killer's motives have been established.

We know that some nutjobs don't like people being free to have fun and enjoy their lives. We don't have to think that far back to kids getting slaughtered at an Ariana Grande concert, party goers getting mowed down by a truck in Nice on Bastille Day, the Bataclan attack...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:

I'm no ones pet.

I don't have a license to carry anything.

We have all sorts of him control.

Him control?

I meant gun.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Maddog wrote:Sounds like a fully automatic weapon, not that it really matters. If you can fire one round a second for 10 minutes you can unleash 600 rounds.

It doesn't seem that the killer's motives have been established.

We know that some nutjobs don't like people being free to have fun and enjoy their lives. We don't have to think that far back to kids getting slaughtered at an Ariana Grande concert, party goers getting mowed down by a truck in Nice on Bastille Day, the Bataclan attack...

Yeah, many targets are random. Others, like the shooter at the congressional baseball practice were selected for a reason.
Maddog

Postby Keyser » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Firstly RIP to all those innocent victims and my deep condolences to their friends and families. :shake head:

Nothing will ever be done - the gun lobby in America is far too powerful and the NRA is a huge supporter of Trump and vice-versa.

In fact the NRA will probably call for even more gun rights very shortly.

Many of them are simply fucking bonkers.

It is not 1791 anymore.

I always remember Obama's distraught and tearful frustration at not being able to pass any meaningful laws to combat this neverending slaughter.

People like Paddock can just pop in to their local shop and buy a automatic rifle or machine gun.

FFS - I simply despair.
Keyser

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Keyser wrote:Firstly RIP to all those innocent victims and my deep condolences to their friends and families. :shake head:

Nothing will ever be done - the gun lobby in America is far too powerful and the NRA is a huge supporter of Trump and vice-versa.

It is not 1791 anymore.

I always remember Obama's distraught and tearful frustration at not being able to pass any meaningful laws to combat this neverending slaughter.

People like Paddock can just pop in to their local shop and buy a automatic rifle or machine gun.

FFS - I simply despair.

You can't pop into a local shop and buy an automatic rifle. Only a very tiny percentage of Americans can possess an automatic rifle.

If this guy had an automatic rifle, it was likely an illegal one.
Maddog

Postby Keyser » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:Firstly RIP to all those innocent victims and my deep condolences to their friends and families. :shake head:

It is not 1791 anymore.

FFS - I simply despair.

You can't pop into a local shop and buy an automatic rifle. Only a very tiny percentage of Americans can possess an automatic rifle.

It said on the news earlier (I forget which side) that it was possible to purchase a machine gun in some states in America MD!

I am (of course) not as well versed in US gun laws as you are though.

What are the rules in Texas?
Keyser

Postby Maddog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It is not 1791 anymore.

FFS - I simply despair.

It said on the news earlier (I forget which side) that it was possible to purchase a machine gun in some states in America MD!

I am (of course) not as well versed in US gun laws as you are though.

What are the rules in Texas?

Machine guns are regulated by the federal government. You have to have a very special license to purchase one.

The problem with most news reports is they confuse semi automatic with fully automatic. Semi automatic only fires one bullet for every pull of the trigger. Fully automatics shoot rounds as long as the trigger remains pulled.

This guy had 10 rifles and had set up the room to maximise the amount of rounds he could fire.
Maddog

Postby Vam » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Updated number of fatalities just announced - 58, possibly 59 (and expected to increase)
Injured - 515

Horrific :shake head:
Vam

Postby wutang » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 pm

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way- ... y-ha-57086

:shake head:
wutang

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs