Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Re: Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:18 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:We have strict gun controls in this country, yet we have this

Evening Standard May 2017: 11 stabbing deaths in two weeks in London.

:dunno:

Bit different to 93 gun deaths a day.

What is? 11 stabbing deaths in a fortnight in a city of around 10 million people, compared to a country of almost 330 million people, yeah it is.

Yeah we should compare like with like. So, go on.

I found this
Scroll down for the map, it shows firearm deaths per 100,000 population so the numbers down the side have to be multiplied by 100 to make it equivalent to a 10 million population.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm ... s_by_state

Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
You asked if anyone else was sick of the sight of him, I'm trying to understand what you've seen, you could be right, why so defensive?

Yes, I did ask that because I was interested in other people's views on the subject.

If you're looking for defensiveness, I don't qualify. Sorry :wink:
Vam

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:23 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vicky wrote:It seems Stephen Paddock took twenty-three bags full of guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition into the hotel in Las Vegas.

Anytime i've been staying in a hotel, most folk have a suitcase and maybe a small travelling case, someone bringing in all that would have aroused my suspicion.

Surely someone should have thought "Why has that man got all those bags?"

He was white.if he was brown/ black/ hispanic with a rucksack the authorities would have been alerted.

That's true.

My brother always carries a rucksack.

If he wasn't white, i dare say some people would be suspicious of him.
Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:24 am

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
You asked if anyone else was sick of the sight of him, I'm trying to understand what you've seen, you could be right, why so defensive?

Yes, I did ask that because I was interested in other people's views on the subject.

I shall look out for it from now on.
I think the shooter lost money gambling and wanted to regain some sense of power.
But then again, this appears premeditated so wtf!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:27 am

Vicky wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vicky wrote:It seems Stephen Paddock took twenty-three bags full of guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition into the hotel in Las Vegas.

Anytime i've been staying in a hotel, most folk have a suitcase and maybe a small travelling case, someone bringing in all that would have aroused my suspicion.

He was white.if he was brown/ black/ hispanic with a rucksack the authorities would have been alerted.

That's true.

My brother always carries a rucksack.

If he wasn't white, i dare say some people would be suspicious of him.

I wonder if he brought the bags in in intervals, he was staying at the hotel for a few days and often went to Vegas to gamble large sums of money.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:51 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I think the shooter lost money gambling and wanted to regain some sense of power.

Throughout several of the interviews I've seen him give, I saw way too much hyperactive jittery mannerisms, way too much high-volume fast-talking, and way too much over emphasis on anything he uttered.

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect that, in some weird way, he could be quite enjoying the limelight. I'm pretty sure he isn't, though.

Just my impression, that's all :dunno:

As for Paddock himself, I agree: serious "wtf??" :ooer: I wonder whether we'll ever really know his true motivation. Paid hitman (& sod the collateral damage)? Brain tumour? Just a plain and simple "fuck you!" to the world? Who knows...?
Vam

Postby Bella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Throughout several of the interviews I've seen him give, I saw way too much hyperactive jittery mannerisms, way too much high-volume fast-talking, and way too much over emphasis on anything he uttered.

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect that, in some weird way, he could be quite enjoying the limelight. I'm pretty sure he isn't, though.

As for Paddock himself, I agree: serious "wtf??" :ooer: I wonder whether we'll ever really know his true motivation. Paid hitman (& sod the collateral damage)? Brain tumour? Just a plain and simple "fuck you!" to the world? Who knows...?

I would imagine the brother is in shock.
Bella

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Trapper John wrote:We have strict gun controls in this country, yet we have this

poor deflection

stay on topic

Postby Trapper John » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Guest wrote:

poor deflection

stay on topic

Deflection of what? ....... and threads are known to evolve and drift this way and that :thumbsup:

and btw......... Fuck Off, who made you the thread police?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Guest wrote:

poor deflection

stay on topic

on such a huge topic USA's worst mass shooting as well :shake head:
let me compare these oranges with some plums

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Bella wrote:
Vam wrote:

I would imagine the brother is in shock.

I'm sure he is; anyone would be.

I don't know, Bella...there just seems to be something a bit 'off' about the guy (imo). Maybe it's because I haven't seen him show much in the way of real sympathy for the victims, in any of his interviews.

"...This blows". Understatement of the year... :ooer:

Vam

Postby Trapper John » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

poor deflection

stay on topic

on such a huge topic USA's worst mass shooting as well :shake head:
let me compare these oranges with some plums

Trivialising 11 murders in London within two weeks seems to be at odds with your poor attempt at projecting compassion and empathy. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Keyser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:Here in America we are 25 times more likely to die from gun violence compared to people in other industrialized countries. This must stop.
No it won't

93 people a day die from gun violence in the US. No it won't stop.
The gun shares rose immediately after this attack in anticipation of people buying more guns.

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Official statement recently issued by the NRA on the Las Vegas massacre. :thumbsup:

'Guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns.

We need MORE guns.

Guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns,guns, guns, guns, guns, guns.'
Keyser

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:10 pm

He was there for several days. He probably brought in a couple a day. And Lady M is sorta right. 60 something white dudes are not on anyone's radar.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs