Car mounts pavement near the Natural History Museum.

Re: Car mounts pavement near the Natural History Museum.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Couldn't function out in the Welsh countryside without cars and vans and trucks and tractors.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:23 pm

McAz wrote:Good to see you've emerged from your safe corner, hope the report wasn't too traumatic for you.

Now perhaps you would like to address my observation rather than indulge in your usual abusive rant?

Seriously, you're unable to recognise that people might think a car mounting the pavement and mowing down people outside a place of interest is yet another islamic terror attack?

Instead, you're suggesting 'the authorities and the media are complicit in creating this atmosphere of terror'. If you're trying to backtrack out of trolling, and are claiming this was meant as a genuine comment, then at the very best you've downgraded yourself from troll to one of 'fucking idiot'.
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
McAz wrote:Good to see you've emerged from your safe corner, hope the report wasn't too traumatic for you.

Now perhaps you would like to address my observation rather than indulge in your usual abusive rant?

Seriously, you're unable to recognise that people might think a car mounting the pavement and mowing down people outside a place of interest is yet another islamic terror attack?

Instead, you're suggesting 'the authorities and the media are complicit in creating this atmosphere of terror'. If you're trying to backtrack out of trolling, and are claiming this was meant as a genuine comment, then at the very best you've downgraded yourself from troll to one of 'fucking idiot'.

Of course I recognize that people might become alarmed at news reports - but I have no need to backtrack, an atmosphere of fear and mistrust keeps the flabby upper lipped like you in their place and profits media owners - who doesn't know that? :dunno:
McAz

Postby wutang » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 pm

McAz wrote:
wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:
This probably won't affect me but there are huge logistical issues in London.

Consequence of too many cars on the road. Not just London but most towns and cities are a fucking nightmare.

20th century car culture will be looked back on as a dumb phase in human history

Not a car owner I take it? :dunno:

Does this count

:dunno:
wutang

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Couldn't function out in the Welsh countryside without cars and vans and trucks and tractors.

The city-centric tend to view the countryside as ornament rather than utility.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm

wutang wrote:
McAz wrote:
wutang wrote:
Stooo wrote:
This probably won't affect me but there are huge logistical issues in London.

Consequence of too many cars on the road. Not just London but most towns and cities are a fucking nightmare.

20th century car culture will be looked back on as a dumb phase in human history

Not a car owner I take it? :dunno:

Does this count

:dunno:

Erm, well, I won't be asking you for a ride. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 pm

McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Couldn't function out in the Welsh countryside without cars and vans and trucks and tractors.

The city-centric tend to view the countryside as ornament rather than utility.

Out in the environment.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby wutang » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm

It would function better if those things were complimented by a top-notch rail service. :thumbsup:
wutang

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm

McAz wrote:Of course I recognize that people might become alarmed at news reports - but I have no need to backtrack, an atmosphere of fear and mistrust keeps the flabby upper lipped like you in their place and profits media owners - who doesn't know that? :dunno:

I see, so potential major incidents like this aren't reported on because they're major potential incidents that the public needs to be informed about, but to 'profit media owners' instead?

Would you rather the public were kept in the dark when these things happen, as not to 'profit media owners'?

Give us a ballpark figure - what kind of profit do you think 'media owners' would have made from reporting on a traffic accident outside the NHM?

And what part do 'the authorities' play in this dastardly act of fleecing/inciting terror among the British public? And what 'authorities' are involved exactly?
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:42 pm

wutang wrote:

It would function better if those things were complimented by a top-notch rail service. :thumbsup:

It would - and suprise, surprise, there is such a service in west Cumbria. Trouble is it appears you can only have good rail links if you accept the world's largest nuclear reprocessing plant.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
McAz wrote:Of course I recognize that people might become alarmed at news reports - but I have no need to backtrack, an atmosphere of fear and mistrust keeps the flabby upper lipped like you in their place and profits media owners - who doesn't know that? :dunno:

I see, so potential major incidents like this aren't reported on because they're major potential incidents that the public needs to be informed about, but to 'profit media owners' instead?

Would you rather the public were kept in the dark when these things happen, as not to 'profit media owners'?

Give us a ballpark figure - what kind of profit do you think 'media owners' would have made from reporting on a traffic accident outside the NHM?

And what part do 'the authorities' play in this dastardly act of fleecing/inciting terror among the British public? And what 'authorities' are involved exactly?

I'd rather the likes of you, the government, and the media keep a sense of balance rather than exploiting the situation for agenda, profit and power. Hyperbole and panic has not and does not make the world safer. :thumbsup:
Last edited by McAz on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McAz

Postby wutang » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:45 pm

McAz wrote:
wutang wrote:

It would - and suprise, surprise, there is such a service in west Cumbria. Trouble is it appears you can only have good rail links if you accept the world's largest nuclear reprocessing plant.

Wales does tend to get shit on like that :shake head:
wutang

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

wutang wrote:
McAz wrote:
wutang wrote:

Wales does tend to get shit on like that :shake head:

Cumbria not Cymru - but same difference I suppose.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 pm

wutang wrote:

A rail service to thousands of homes in the middle of nowhere?
There are huge areas in Wales without gas because of the land layout.
Many don't have mains sewage but septic tanks.
The train can't come and empty those.
Railways have their place here still but I'm afraid most of this mountainous country needs cars vans trucks and tractors.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:55 pm

McAz wrote:I'd rather the likes of you, the government, and the media keep a sense of balance rather than exploiting the situation for agenda, profit and power. Hyperbole and panic has not and does not make the world safer. :thumbsup:

As expected, you're unable to explain how 'media owners' make a profit out of a RTA outside the NHM, or what 'authorities' are involved, and how they've 'exploited' the incident.

Like I said, troll or fucking idiot. My money's on both.
Red Okktober

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs