Smacking To Be Made Illegal In Scotland.

Re: Smacking Children

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:21 am

They used to smack kids all the time years ago, and they grew up to become ignorant, racist bigots. So no, I’d say smacking kids doesn’t work either...
Dean

Re: Smacking To Be Made Illegal In Scotland.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:57 am

I think there are two distinct types of smacking, one I can understand, one I can't.

I can understand a parent who does it on the spur of the moment, a wallop for something very naughty or prolonged where they've reached the end of their tether, I can't where a smacking or wallop comes after time passes to consider your reaction, like a sort of ritualised punishment.

I got my fair share of clumps and smacks from my Mum, rarely from my Dad, but it isn't surprising as she had to bring up four boys with two years separating each whilst my Dad spent much of our early years as a night duty copper.

I can honestly say I probably deserved every one of them as did my brothers, but just as honestly can say they were all spur of the moment. Sometimes my Mum would say wait until your father gets home, which did fill us with dread, even though he never once hit us after the fact.

In fact I can only remember him hitting me once, but I was 15 then and fighting with my younger brother, he hit is both once, needless to say we stopped fighting immediately and didn't fight again when he was about.

On reflection we were probably quite old when Mum hit us, around 10 ish, by then we would pretend it hurt, then go to another room or out of sight and giggle and snort to each other. We all love/ loved our Mum and Dad and none of us needed counselling because of being smacked.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Adolph » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Major Starbold wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/19/smacking-children-to-be-banned-in-scotland

Do you agree or disagree to smack norty children? should it be banned?

Tis obvious the years of the pc softie norty step has been a total failure.

Tis obvious that you are as blind as as bat as well as being a bigoted old cunt as there is already a thread on this subject. :pointlaugh:
Adolph

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Major Starbold wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/19/smacking-children-to-be-banned-in-scotland

I started a thread called "Smacking To Be Made Illegal In Scotland" yesterday.

So i'll merge your thread with mine, because i'm Scottish and my thread takes precedence.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Vicky wrote:Both my parents skelpt me when i was a child, it didn't lead to years of counselling.

My Granny on the other hand used to knock the daylights out of her children with anything she could get her hands on.

She battered my dad once with a carpet sweeper and kicked one of his sisters, because she broke a bottle of milk.

My Grandmother wasn't a nice woman, no wonder no tears were shed at her funeral.

But you did struggle with alcohol for a while, maybe it was the underlying causal effect.

I don't think any one should hit a small vulnerable child, you should be able to reason with them. It starts from birth, love and time spent talking to children, clearly explaining any issues they may have and giving them plenty of scope to learn is all it should take

No my drinking had nothing to do with me, getting my arse skelped when i was wee.

If you're going to go down the road of why i used to drink for Scotland, it was probably something that happened to me when i was in my early twenties and it changed the course of my life.

Anyway it's eight years next month, since i last had a drink,
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Maddog wrote:Just shove some haggis in their mouths and make them swallow the crap. That has to be far more effective than smacking their ass. :doomed:

Good News Dear. :wubbers:

I think America are going to lift their ban on Haggis soon and as soon as they do i'll sent you some over.

From one Rangers fan to another.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Sorry Guesty i disapproved your post by mistake.

In answer to your question, the person responsible was punished.
Vicky

Postby Maddog » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Vicky wrote:
Maddog wrote:Just shove some haggis in their mouths and make them swallow the crap. That has to be far more effective than smacking their ass. :doomed:

Good News Dear. :wubbers:

I think America are going to lift their ban on Haggis soon and as soon as they do i'll sent you some over.

From one Rangers fan to another.

How about a spanking instead?
Maddog

Postby Major » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Vicky wrote:

So i'll merge your thread with mine, because i'm Scottish and my thread takes precedence.

I apologise, I missed your post as I am so busy dodging Dogs derailing main troll, Guest.

If kids are not corrected with a clout they grow up to be council house scum just the same as their parents and grandparents, it does not harm them for life.
Quite a few on here did not get clouted, you can tell hen they grunt.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Vicky wrote:How about the Scottish Government start running the country, instead of passing a law on smacking.

We've got debt coming out our earholes for a start.

The law is a concession to the Greens in order to get Assembly votes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Dean wrote:They used to smack kids all the time years ago, and they grew up to become ignorant, racist bigots. So no, I’d say smacking kids doesn’t work either...

Yeah but those kids got got hit reaaaaly hard in the head, lots of times...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Vicky wrote:Sorry Guesty i disapproved your post by mistake.

In answer to your question, the person responsible was punished.

No problem and I'm glad he was punished. Well done x

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Vicky wrote:

I apologise, I missed your post as I am so busy dodging Dogs derailing main troll, Guest.

If kids are not corrected with a clout they grow up to be council house scum just the same as their parents and grandparents.

And they grow up unable to spell 'naughty'
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 pm

I think this a good thing. From experience I raised my first child with smacks because I listened to others. I raised my second child with no smacks. I was a bit older then. My second child has a lot more confidence than the first.

I know I was smacked as a child but defiant with it. I'd repeat. That didn't hurt. Over and over and get another one and another one!

The last one I had was in my teens and I said. You do and your getting one back.

No hard feelings though. People raise their children according to how they were raised. You see these never ending cycles in families and you have to be the one to break it.

Postby wutang » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:19 am

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:They used to smack kids all the time years ago, and they grew up to become ignorant, racist bigots. So no, I’d say smacking kids doesn’t work either...

Yeah but those kids got got hit reaaaaly hard in the head, lots of times...

Might explain the rise in dementia amongst older people.

CTE from all those smacks upside the head :shake head:
wutang

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs