Scotsman Jailed For "Indecency" In Dubai.

Re: Scotsman Jailed For "Indecency" In Dubai.

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:15 am

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Dubai isn't anything like people on here imagine.
The main working population are from the Europe, India and the Philipennes. And then there's tourists everywhere!
People dress how they want in public, including short skirts and shorts.
I've been drunk on a Dubai beach a few times and never got arrested. :gigglesnshit:

Lived and worked there for nearly thirty years. Great Place, You can drink in Bars but they don't like drunks on the streets.I know this offence was not in the streets, just for the keyboard trolls) Not like here where they get away with it most times. It is not a shit hole. It is cleaner than here. Those that mouth off, or keyboard troll about places they have never visited, should shut the fuck up. Or go visit a place then mouth off. In the event of an individual placing a complaint, they can drop it. But it does not mean the justice system IE the Police has to.

The guy is no longer in the frame so can stay or go as he chooses. But what he was doing touching a blokes arse begs questions. Protecting his drink no doubt >. :more beer:

See the problem we have here Roc, is I remember you from SOL, and on that forum you claimed to live in Spain Near the French/Spanish border?
Were you perhaps mistaken back then? and confused Dubai for Spain?
If you're going to tell lies, you need a good memory lol

I remember Roc from Sol as well and there were six eejits sharing the account.
Vicky

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Not giving my money to the regime through tourism or condoning its behaviour in public.

Yourself?

I'm helping the domestic workers by visiting the place, tipping them with money and talking to them like human beings.

Who do you think they prefer, me or you?

You're needed in Rhyl Lady M.

It's too corrupt for me :snooty:

You're right there.
The entertainments side of life is run by the Taffia.
You heard right.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:19 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Not giving my money to the regime through tourism or condoning its behaviour in public.

Yourself?

I'm helping the domestic workers by visiting the place, tipping them with money and talking to them like human beings.

You're needed in Rhyl Lady M.

It's too corrupt for me :snooty:

You're right there.
The entertainments side of life is run by the Taffia.
You heard right.

:ooer:
Hope you've never found a sheeps head in your bed.
:ooer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:20 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Not giving my money to the regime through tourism or condoning its behaviour in public.

Yourself?

Don't know. I'd have to ask them but you probably you.

How many maids who work for private families have you spoken to and tipped?

None. never saw one, but I stay in hotels.
How many cleaners/ maids do you talk to? :dunno:

please educate yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ten-abused

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:21 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Not giving my money to the regime through tourism or condoning its behaviour in public.

Yourself?

Right, so your interactions aren't with the immigrant workers who are at the sharp end of the abuse in Dubai.

As to your other question, I speak to members of my family and ethnic community both here and who live overseas and are indirectly effected by this issue a fair amount. It's common knowledge about what goes on.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rocthedog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Vicky wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
The main working population are from the Europe, India and the Philipennes. And then there's tourists everywhere!
I've been drunk on a Dubai beach a few times and never got arrested. :gigglesnshit:

Lived and worked there for nearly thirty years. Great Place, You can drink in Bars but they don't like drunks on the streets.I know this offence was not in the streets, just for the keyboard trolls) Not like here where they get away with it most times. It is not a shit hole. It is cleaner than here. Those that mouth off, or keyboard troll about places they have never visited, should shut the fuck up. Or go visit a place then mouth off. In the event of an individual placing a complaint, they can drop it. But it does not mean the justice system IE the Police has to.

The guy is no longer in the frame so can stay or go as he chooses. But what he was doing touching a blokes arse begs questions. Protecting his drink no doubt >. :more beer:

See the problem we have here Roc, is I remember you from SOL, and on that forum you claimed to live in Spain Near the French/Spanish border?

TO THOSE SAYING I LIVED IN SPAIN. Get your facts correct. NEVER ON SOL OR ON THIS SITE,HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO LIVE IN SPAIN. I REPEAT GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT. I WILL REPEAT JUST FOR YOUR BRAIN BOX. I HAVE NEVER, NEVER CLAIMED ON SOL OR THIS SITE TO LIVE IN SPAIN. AND TO THE NASTY SPITEFUL KEYBOARD TROLL YOU ARE. *GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT*
Rocthedog

Postby Cannydc » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:50 pm

"I remember Roc from Sol as well and there were six eejits sharing the account."

Trouble is, I think they all shared the same head too.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Yourself?

Right, so your interactions aren't with the immigrant workers who are at the sharp end of the abuse in Dubai.

As to your other question, I speak to members of my family and ethnic community both here and who live overseas and are indirectly effected by this issue a fair amount. It's common knowledge about what goes on.

My interactions have been with builders and service workers, salons restaurants etc...
The builders are quite proud, the ones in service don't think it's wonderful but they're happy to be able to send money for their family and not have to sell themselves or their children, they feel there's a future which was otherwise denied to them.
I'm not disagreeing with you about shitty exploitation but there's more than one way to care about their situation.

Anyone who isn't self employed is exploited to some extent.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

TO THOSE SAYING I LIVED IN SPAIN. Get your facts correct. NEVER ON SOL OR ON THIS SITE,HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO LIVE IN SPAIN. I REPEAT GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT. I WILL REPEAT JUST FOR YOUR BRAIN BOX. I HAVE NEVER, NEVER CLAIMED ON SOL OR THIS SITE TO LIVE IN SPAIN. AND TO THE NASTY SPITEFUL KEYBOARD TROLL YOU ARE. *GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT*

Stop shouting.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
My interactions have been with builders and service workers, salons restaurants etc...
The builders are quite proud, the ones in service don't think it's wonderful but they're happy to be able to send money for their family and not have to sell themselves or their children, they feel there's a future which was otherwise denied to them.
I'm not disagreeing with you about shitty exploitation but there's more than one way to care about their situation.

Yeah, fair play. I am a bit cranky about the whole thing and you are right that, in the absence of brutality, many workers rationally choose to work there because it is better than what they have in their home countries.

It's also next to impossible to have a consistent stance on this issue. I spent some time in Singapore on holiday this year and had a great time but there are similar things occurring there.

I do think that public opinion can sway politicians who then put international pressure on the countries concerned to change their practices so hopefully things will continue to improve with time.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yeah, fair play. I am a bit cranky about the whole thing and you are right that, in the absence of brutality, many workers rationally choose to work there because it is better than what they have in their home countries.

It's also next to impossible to have a consistent stance on this issue. I spent some time in Singapore on holiday this year and had a great time but there are similar things occurring there.

I do think that public opinion can sway politicians who then put international pressure on the countries concerned to change their practices so hopefully things will continue to improve with time.

I used to get cranky about it all like you. But I've been there and India, where servants are in virtually every house which used to sicken me. After talking to them I've realised there's more to it than us molly coddled westerners think.
Imagine parents having to sell their children in order to eat, we just don't know what we've got sometimes and pontificating (as I used to as well) about it doesn't help them.
Also, is it better to be working for a better life for you and your family or to be given handouts and sit on your arse all day?
(Again, not you but certainly some forum ranters).
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 am

Why is anyone surprised at the actions of Arabs? I mean they fucking invented slavery :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:23 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

I have never said you lived/live in Spain.

Oh and lay off the caplocks hysterics.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:24 am

Cannydc wrote:"I remember Roc from Sol as well and there were six eejits sharing the account."

Trouble is, I think they all shared the same head too.

That is very true Canny.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Jamie Herron has arrived back in Scotland, but said he wouldn't rule out returning to Dubai.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41744068
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs