Gay Man Accused Of Killing Adopted Baby Daughter.

Gay Man Accused Of Killing Adopted Baby Daughter.

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Guest wrote:
it's a shame it takes away from the real issue of a defenceless baby being killed by an adoptive parent. her life must have been awful, poor little soul.

Adoptive parents are less likely to harm than other kinds of parents

A study in the Netherlands found that adoptive parents are actually less likely to mistreat children than other kinds of parents. The researchers examined records from Dutch child protective services documenting all cases of certified child maltreatment each year. The researchers compared the rates of abuse for different family types to the prevalence of those family types in the general Dutch population. Results showed that while stepparent families were over-represented among the child-maltreatment cases, adoptive families were significantly under-represented. (The Washington State crime fits this pattern, as the teenage victims were shot not by their adoptive father, but by their stepfather, who married their adoptive mother years after the adoption.) The risk for maltreatment among adoptive families was eight times lower than would be expected based on the frequency of adoptive families in the general population. Notably, adoptive parents typically must pass numerous background checks, including child-abuse clearances, before being approved to adopt. No other parents are vetted by such rigorous screening.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ad ... risk-abuse
wutang

Re: Gay Man Accused Of Killing Adopted Baby Daughter.

Postby Puzzler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Guest wrote:you never see headlines saying 'straight man accused of killing adopted baby daughter'. why is that?

Gay dads are much rarer, that’s why.
Puzzler

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:33 pm

wutang wrote:
Guest wrote:
it's a shame it takes away from the real issue of a defenceless baby being killed by an adoptive parent. her life must have been awful, poor little soul.

Adoptive parents are less likely to harm than other kinds of parents

A study in the Netherlands found that adoptive parents are actually less likely to mistreat children than other kinds of parents. The researchers examined records from Dutch child protective services documenting all cases of certified child maltreatment each year. The researchers compared the rates of abuse for different family types to the prevalence of those family types in the general Dutch population. Results showed that while stepparent families were over-represented among the child-maltreatment cases, adoptive families were significantly under-represented. (The Washington State crime fits this pattern, as the teenage victims were shot not by their adoptive father, but by their stepfather, who married their adoptive mother years after the adoption.) The risk for maltreatment among adoptive families was eight times lower than would be expected based on the frequency of adoptive families in the general population. Notably, adoptive parents typically must pass numerous background checks, including child-abuse clearances, before being approved to adopt. No other parents are vetted by such rigorous screening.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ad ... risk-abuse

Confirms a previous post where I said I can't remember many, if any cases of an adoptive parent killing their adopted child.

This, coupled with the fact that society's assumption that all homosexual men are somehow more attuned to kindness, loving and generally 'nicer' than ordinary hetrosexual men, makes this and all aspects of it, newsworthy.

I remember not so long ago, when I made the same observations about an EDL man convicted of child kidnapping, I was slaughtered by many on here by saying his political stance had fuck all to do with his crime.....we can't have it all ways, just when it suits. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:38 pm

I have to say though, there is something odd about a man calling a little baby a 'Psycho' and a 'Proper little Diva' not the sort of terms you expect to be uttered by a hetrosexual who are less 'dramatic' with their descriptions.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mekon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Trapper John wrote:Confirms a previous post where I said I can't remember many, if any cases of an adoptive parent killing their adopted child.

This, coupled with the fact that society's assumption that all homosexual men are somehow more attuned to kindness, loving and generally 'nicer' than ordinary hetrosexual men, makes this and all aspects of it, newsworthy.

I remember not so long ago, when I made the same observations about an EDL man convicted of child kidnapping, I was slaughtered by many on here by saying his political stance had fuck all to do with his crime.....we can't have it all ways, just when it suits. :thumbsup:

Homosexuality is not a political stance.
Mekon

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Confirms a previous post where I said I can't remember many, if any cases of an adoptive parent killing their adopted child.

Of course not, but it's a statement of who you are. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Trapper John wrote:

That's bollocks, especially from reactionary rags such as the Scum and the Fail. The way they are sensationalising it is designed to appeal to the foaming-mouthed bigots who read their trash.

I havent got the stomch to read the comments on both articles but I bet they have done their job in whipping up the hate-mongers that post there
wutang

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Im not surprised the right wing press isnt pushing the domestic violence angle. After all men - both gay and straight - are the main culprits in these kind of cases.

Could even tie it to recent big stories like this

There’s a terrifying link between mass murder and domestic violence that nobody is talking about

Another day, another case of gender-based violence leading to mass murder

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ste ... 93186.html
wutang

Postby Mekon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:

I am ambidextrous but that has no relevance to this thread or your ridiculous contention that the political leanings of EDL officials should not be cited when they commit offences against children.
Last edited by Mekon on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekon

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

wutang wrote:Im not surprised the right wing press isnt pushing the domestic violence angle. After all men - both gay and straight - are the main culprits in these kind of cases.

There’s a terrifying link between mass murder and domestic violence that nobody is talking about

Is there a domestic violence angle in this case? I only read so far.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:

I am ambidextrous but that has no relevance to this thread or your ludicrous suggestion that the political leanings of EDL officials should not be cited when they commit offences against children.

If you feel that way then carry on, I for one can't see the connection or relevance. So in the same way you think it's absolutely fine to highlight the sexuality of this bloke then, with his alleged murder of a child?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Trapper John wrote:
wutang wrote:Im not surprised the right wing press isnt pushing the domestic violence angle. After all men - both gay and straight - are the main culprits in these kind of cases.

Domestic violence also covers abuse of children by parents.

Also a gender angle - as you proved with the quote about the child being a 'diva'.

These are two major problems effecting our society yet the Sun/Mail focus on the homosexual/adoption angle. No surprise there :roll:
wutang

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

wutang wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Also a gender angle - as you proved with the quote about the child being a 'diva'.

These are two major problems effecting our society yet the Sun/Mail focus on the homosexual/adoption angle. No surprise there :roll:

Well of course they will because despite of the efforts of the liberal elite who run our society, the majority of people don't agree with homosexuals adopting children.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mekon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:

I am ambidextrous but that has no relevance to this thread or your ludicrous suggestion that the political leanings of EDL officials should not be cited when they commit offences against children.

If you feel that way then carry on, I for one can't see the connection or relevance. So in the same way you think it's absolutely fine to highlight the sexuality of this bloke then, with his alleged murder of a child?

The public are entitled to know the political leanings of lawbreakers who actively seek to represent or shape public opinion as part of our democratic process. EDL officials who offend against children are not exempt.

The sexual orientation of an offender should be considered where their sexual orientation is directly relevant to the crime under consideration or is deemed to be relevant by the court for other reasons.
Mekon

Postby Mekon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Trapper John wrote:
wutang wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Well of course they will because despite of the efforts of the liberal elite who run our society, the majority of people don't agree with homosexuals adopting children.

Respectable research rather than knee jerk reactions by the ill-informed suggests otherwise. Pew Research Center, CNN and Opinion Research Corp found that 57% of respondents in the United States felt gays should have the right to adopt and 40% said they should not. In the United Kingdom, 64% of people said they thought gay couples should be allowed to adopt and 32% said they should not. 55% of respondents thought that male couples should be able to adopt and 59% of people thought that lesbian couples should be able to adopt.
Mekon

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs