NEWS BITES - News From Home & Around The World

Re: NEWS BITES - News From Home & Around The World

Postby Major » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Zimbabwe!
Sick of hearing about it.
No one is interested!
Any of you ever seen people discussing the place the last ten years?

I hope you will be sending some dosh to your coloured brothers and sisters, Rolly.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
No one is interested!

I hope you will be sending some dosh to your coloured brothers and sisters, Rolly.

Nope.
They don't need any.
They now have a new president who is going to rebuild the country and keeps talking of creating jobs jobs jobs apparently.
The new president is really the old president in disguise.
Same old corruption kidnapping and torture as he's been involved in for years.
When I could last spare five minutes to be interested the crowds were welcoming democracy from the new old president who I don't think they noticed .... wasn't elected before being slid into office and pardoning the old old president of all his crimes. The crimes he supported and took part in.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:54 pm

No really I'm not interested.
I just keep getting bombarded with it.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:It's a bit that that Russian sub that failed to rise up again, only with that one they new where it was but Russia declined any help to save them. A terrible way to die that's for sure.

Good idea for a thread TJ

Got to be awful hasn't it? imagine if you are still alive too, gradually running out of air and knowing there is absolutely no chance of rescue even if you are found. :shake head:

It would be quicker than (relatively pleasant) oxygen deprivation.

First would be the veiled panic as every not already dead crew member struggled to combat the fire, blow out water from the ballast tanks and try to steady the boat in the hope of resurfacing, all of which fail and she continues sinking. Once deep enough the hull will buckle and the incoming highly pressured water would crush everyone to death very quickly.

Why do the Argentinians need a sub anyway, to view the rest of their fleet? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 pm

No one is interested!

Yes, when in Sith Ifrica visiting my friends. They despised Uncle Bob as his actions affected the wider African economy and caused many Zims to leave in search of work in SA.
The Zimbabwean people deserve a major change to try to regain their previous prosperity after Mugabe’s family and henchmen robbed the country of its wealth for personal benefit.
The Crocodile has been an evil bastard too so I guess we will have to wait and see
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:19 pm

sadly
the zims optimism for a better future
will be crushed between the crocodiles jaws
the nutter is every bit as mad bad and sad as Mugabe.

the breadbasket of Africa

remains empty
Mark

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:22 am

Don't you ever wonder what it is that happens in a domestic household to culminate in dreadful incident like this. Often the sensitive nature of case and ages involved throw little light on it initially and not much more afterwards. :shake head:

A man has been arrested after an eight-year-old girl was stabbed to death in a “domestic incident”, police said.

The child was discovered seriously wounded at a property in Brownhills, near Walsall, on Saturday night, and died a short time later in hospital. West Midlands Police said the man, 54, was also taken to hospital with a stab wound to the stomach.

He is in a stable condition and will be questioned “in due course” over the incident in Valley View, a residential street on the edge of the town.

Police were called to the scene at 9.15pm.

Detective Inspector Jim Colclough, from the homicide unit, said: “We are treating this as a domestic incident and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the child’s death.

“Our family liaison team are supporting the family of the little girl, who are naturally devastated by her death. Our thoughts remain with them.”

source: The Press Association
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 am

Divorce Proceedings within a Parental Relationship

Losing access to child/children

Approximately 3/4 children are murdered per month in UK for these reasons. ( majority of incidents never make the news media)
Snookerballs

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 am

Snookerballs wrote:Divorce Proceedings within a Parental Relationship

Approximately 3/4 children are murdered per month in UK for these reasons. ( majority of incidents never make the news media)

Yes I was wondering if that might be the case here, just dreadful. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Just on that, I had a fairly horrendous and traumatic divorce, much of which revolved around access to my daughter. I have to say that never for one second did I ever even contemplate harming anyone, let alone my daughter, for any reason. I suppose thats why I find it hard to comprehed anyone who has or did.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Just on that, I had a fairly horrendous and traumatic divorce, much of which revolved around access to my daughter. I have to say that never for one second did I ever even contemplate harming anyone, let alone my daughter, for any reason. I suppose thats why I find it hard to comprehed anyone who has or did.

Most of us have been there in these modern times,

but to take revenge on the other partner by killing the children, one has to be desperate ,

its a situation that goes by un noticed all the legal profession are interested in is racking up their charges, Counselling dosent show up imminent dangers within the break up
40/50 children murdered per year because of divorce proceedings is a frightening statistic.
Snookerballs

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Most of us have been there in these modern times,

but to take revenge on the other partner by killing the children, one has to be desperate ,

its a situation that goes by un noticed all the legal profession are interested in is racking up their charges, Counselling dosent show up imminent dangers within the break up
40/50 children murdered per year because of divorce proceedings is a frightening statistic.

It truly is. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 am

Intersting article I read this morning.

Archeologist Mike Pitts says that two of the largest 'Sarsen standing stones' at Stonehenge were basically in situ for millions of years before the building of monument, after being deposited there by a glacier at some point in Earth's history.

The stones, weighing about 60 tons were originally thought to have been brought to the site with all the others from a somewhere on the Marlborough Downs more than 20 miles away.

Pitts suggested though that during his digs at the site in the 1970's he found a huge six metre pit alongside the 'heel stone' - the largest and the one which aligns perfectly with the rise and fall of the sun at the summer and winter solstices - he said the pit was far too large to be a 'socket' for the standing stone but large enough to fit the stone inside if laying down.

Pitt says that he concluded that the Sarsen's were already there as they aren't 'dressed' like the other stones, meaning their surfaces hadn't been worked with tools, something that would have been done prior to moving so as to reduce the weight.

He said that it makes perfect sense to assume they were there all the time, just stood erect by the builders of the rest of the monument. He added that the fact that it aligns with the solstices is pure 'coincidence'

Thats quite amazing really if he's right, that a glacier randomly deposited a huge stone at exactly the point where the solstices rise and fall. Maybe thats why the site was considered worthy of such extravagant building efforts - maybe those ancient mystics and builders thought exactly the same? :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Troglodyte Luddite » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

All that money wasted on a load of old rocks. Who cares? :dunno:
Troglodyte Luddite

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Troglodyte Luddite wrote:All that money wasted on a load of old rocks. Who cares? :dunno:

No money wasted there I think, nice trip down the road, bit of a dig around with with a £5 trowel from B&Q, a couple of sandwiches, flask of tea maybe a beer afterwards and off home - and a ground breaking discovery at the end of it all.

Maybe £28.50 the whole expedition - now thats what I call value for money. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs